Tile shop

Started by jonandeve, February 07, 2018, 07:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raysun

I still dont think he opens at all as a previous poster said unless you ring and make arrangements.

LittleRichard

VIVA ESPAÑA

jonandeve

Thanks for the advice and directions - I'm sure I'll find it.

terina

Head towards the BP garage, at the traffic lights take the right fork Avenida Lepanto go straight up the road you pass Total Entertainment on your left keep going  you will also pass the Dorothy bath shop on your right keep going until you get to a multi junction  there is a  light shop on your right.   Turn right there,  go straight on and just before you get to the English corner shop there are gates, that is where the tile yard is.   

jonandeve

Appreciate the advice - But please can someone explain where 'Suicide Corner' is. Directions from say, Longo would help. Thanks.

hank

The tile yard is not closed indefinately, it is simply that the proprietor has a minor shoulder condition which means that he is not in attendance all day every day. It depends on medical treatments and visits.
Go to Dorothy Banos, the bathroom shop around the corner going back towards Mercadona, and Dorothy will tell you when he will be at the yard during the next few days, usually 3 days a week. Dorothy is his daughter.
He knows every tile he has there, every size and colour. Old tiles, discontinued tiles and more modern tiles. Also a range of cements and grouts.
Very reasonable and very much worth a visit.
H.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

Rod

I think they are usually open only certain days of the week, last time I looked there was a sign on the gate saying when it is shut.

raysun

The tile graveyard mentioned has been closed for some time.
There is a notice on the gate with a number to call but not sure how quickly they will appear for a couple of tiles.
Good luck.

casablanca

I agree, first call should be what Hogsy describes as "steptoes yard". There is so much stuff there but if you ask the man, little Spanish fellow, he seems to know exactly where everything is. Any quantity and fair price.

jonandeve

I need a couple of plain white glazed wall tiles 36cm x 25cm - Can anyone recommend a place around Arboleas where I can buy some?
Many thanks,