Gas water heater supply and install

Started by Brogan27, February 03, 2018, 18:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajc

Nataliechristie

This is all so very different from the Uk! So I think what is being recommended is to change my electric water tanks and put in gas intantanious boiler for heating hot water AND to have oil to run a heating system because gas is too expensive and wood is too messy although pellets are a renewable source and easily controlled? Is that about the measure of it?

Lynden

Quote from: Ticktock on February 06, 2018, 08:52:59 AM
We had gas central heating done by Font Almanzora Nov 2017. Smallish tank supplied by Cepsa holds 1000 litres. Best thing we've done now the whole house is warm.
What are the running costs like Ticktock? Any issues with permissions?

Ticktock

We had gas central heating done by Font Almanzora Nov 2017. Smallish tank supplied by Cepsa holds 1000 litres. Best thing we've done now the whole house is warm.

Crystal2

When my boiler broke down....old age.... Font Arboleas came  the same day and fitted a new one.   When I checked the invoice it was virtually the same price as I had paid them 15 years before .     

Lynden

Quote from: Nataliechristie on February 05, 2018, 22:56:17 PM
Do the gas boiler installers mentioned fit central heating boilers too(combi style)?
You would be looking at oil fired Nat; large gas storage systems are quite scarce in the area, but I would imagine the same people can do it. Carlos Saliente is also a name to recommend. Some friends of ours had oil fired c heating; it's not cheap to run but much cleaner and less work than a log or pellet boiler system. I like the pellet systems as they are programmable and just need a little cleaning and maintenance. They are also sustainable.
Do not use an oil fired system to heat your water though; too expensive. You should use a gas water heater with electronic ignition. They are cheap to buy and run using the gas bottles available everywhere. Greggers has had one fitted recently so check with him. Juncker (Bosch) is a name to look for in those water heaters.

Nataliechristie

Do the gas boiler installers mentioned fit central heating boilers too(combi style)?

Angleseyite

Quote from: JUD on February 04, 2018, 08:44:32 AM
Hi speaking from experience and with out saying too much, I would use either fontarboleas tel 0034 950431415  or fontalmanzora ( next to lidle ) tel 0034 950 120397, they are both good, they both have someone who speaks English, I have just had boiler work done by fontalmanzora , there is also 'Ramos' plumbers at Fines, Sylvia speaks english 0034 667667786. , as chisme says get one with an electronic ignition ,
regards to all
Jud

Font Arboleas are on the LHS of the old road going from Arboleas to Albox, opposite Mora Oil garage, just after the series of road islands.

JUD

Hi speaking from experience and with out saying too much, I would use either fontarboleas tel 0034 950431415  or fontalmanzora ( next to lidle ) tel 0034 950 120397, they are both good, they both have someone who speaks English, I have just had boiler work done by fontalmanzora , there is also 'Ramos' plumbers at Fines, Sylvia speaks english 0034 667667786. , as chisme says get one with an electronic ignition ,
regards to all
Jud

angela60

Rod

felipe

sherbert

Ray Sun,
As you say, 'FontArboleas'  cannot fault them,
We had a new boiler a few weeks ago, best price great service.
I would recomend them any time.

raysun

Font arboleas are great and way cheaper than some mentioned on here.
They came and took ours away and serviced it in the shop and brought it back , reconnected and all for less than 60 euro.  Perfect ever since.
There is a girl there that speaks english and will sort you out and tell you roughly how much before you agree.
Also they are fully registered and legal.

telcaz

Font Arboleas, excellent service.
                                              Terry

Karen4

Ashley and Mel Taylor are the people to contact, on here as Reliabletaylor. Excellent work, excellent prices, fully legal and registered. At the time we needed a new boiler we compared like for like and Ash and Mel beat them all. Very happy to recommend them.
Cl3880

guest4538

Quote from: Brogan27 on February 03, 2018, 18:03:03 PM
Well finally got there and arrive in Albox next of the week. The property only has electric to it at present, and a log fire.
We want to install a bottled gas water heater, there is room virtually as soon as we arrive.
Saw details of a recommended installer on forum but can't find it now.
Any recommendations would be great.
Peter

My advice is to ensure that you get one with an electronic ignition system. Do avoid heaters with pilot lights, otherwise you'll need to replace your gas bottle bimonthly just to keep the pilot burning!

As with most domestic products, German makes are the most reliable. So you shouldn't go far wrong with Junkers, which I believe is a Bosch subsidiary. 

Angleseyite

Quote from: Brogan27 on February 03, 2018, 18:03:03 PM
Well finally got there and arrive in Albox next of the week. The property only has electric to it at present, and a log fire.
We want to install a bottled gas water heater, there is room virtually as soon as we arrive.
Peter

Font Arboleas installed one for me last month, excellent service and price. It works a treat.

Brogan27

Peter