Place in the sun tonight in Almeria

Started by tandas, February 01, 2018, 17:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimel

You're right Dreamer,the agents would never sell anything if they told the truth! We did our own homework about the area around Albox and Arboleas,and decided it wasn't for us for the reasons mentioned.

zilnor

KJH3
Spot on.

Our first winter in Spain, we had snow and lost the leccy  for two days.

KJH3

House prices go up, they also go down. There are no guarantees that prices increase or stay the same. The fair price is the current market value. Any commodity is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. Losses on property make be a shock for some but there are a reality in some locations and situations. Estate agents are saying prices are recovering? recovering from what? in all their windows you can see prices reduced. I know a couple in their first year here who told me they are astounded at how cold it can be. Yes they really should do their homework.

Cielos

Estate agents in the UK don't point out the negatives of the properties they're selling, so I fail to see why estate agents here would do so?

As to the location of a house or job prospects, it's  surely up to buyers to do research about the area that they plan to make their home?

I've watched a couple of programmes where the presenter has gleefully told buyers that the sellers are desperate and will consider any offer, one even said that the vendors would throw in their cars with the property :41:
All this does is cheapen the area and make it difficult for sellers to get a fair price - and by fair I mean the price they paid a decade or two ago

byrney

"and its presenters with their " outstanding" cv's tell so many porkies,"  just like "proper" estate agents then........

JessicaH

Most who go on the programme are just there for a jolly.
For many years have had to smile when reading estate agents stating properties in this area are merely 20/30 mins from the coast :32:      Probably truthful as the "crow flies".
Anyone who buys, anywhere, without doing their own in-depth research are morons and this particular programme and its presenters with their " outstanding" cv's tell so many porkies,it's laughable.

tandas

The viewers are given no knowledge of the extra costs to be built in with a purchase.  The budgets are always stretched by showing the clients just a bit over budget but no mention of that including costs.  The dream life here is possible but it has to be realistic, coming here thinking you can just get a job and buy cheap is not going to happen anymore.

Dreamer

If you were selling your house with an estate agent and they showed them around your house then said "well the water supply is not good, its a long way from the beach, it can get very cold in winter, buses don't run regularly. Do you think you would ever sell it?  It can take long enough to sell!

Rod

I put this programme on record every day and then cherry pick the ones I want to watch which have an interest for me. I will take a look at this later.

Jimel

They conveniently forget to mention there can be frost in the winter,and even worse further inland! The estate agents aught to tell prospective buyers of the water situation too!

byrney

christopheroldfield

worcester

And he going to get a job :85: :85: :85: :85:

Rtis

Once again the "SUN" thing !! These people never even asked about a bus service !! AND, also got to be around the LOCALS ????? !

tandas

Nice to see our areas of Albox and La Alfoquia featured in tonight's programme but why do they never talk about the costs in the budget?
Also they featured really cheap properties which gives the impression that property here is cheap.  No mention of the ongoing legal problems either, our friends in the UK think we are making it up!  Also what do they use to get to the beach a jet engine!!  Always takes at least 30 minutes when there's no traffic much longer in the summer of course.