TV VIA MINIX BOX

Started by ricketts, February 01, 2018, 08:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

You don't need a box, but if you have one then you have access to all the films, sports etc that you could want. No ongoing charges after you have paid for your box and, of course, your internet. You can get lots of terrestrial channels via Mobdro and UKTVNOW for free, without needing to subscribe to Filmon.
Cl3880

bagwash

I have Filmon for my viewing. You log on to the website register and subscribe, currently €149 for 12 mths, as it is via the internet then any device that has internet access can receive it, laptop pc tablet mobile, you just log in to their website.  I use a hdmi cable linking my laptop to my tv and hence 49" of uk tv. No need for a box.
Very happy with the service.

Karen4

We use an android box for TV, very, very rarely have any buffering problems, in fact I can't remember the last time we had any sort of issue at all. I think the speed of your internet might be a factor? We pay for Filmon, you just need to go to their website, look at the "subscribe" part, and follow the instructions to pay monthly or annually, whichever you prefer, and then make sure you sign in with your email address and a password you can choose. You will need to sign in on each computer you want, eg we are signed in on the 2 TVs, the main computer, the tablets, the laptop and both our phones. Occasionally there's a blip and we need to sign in again, not a bit deal at all.
Very good Filmon service and more than worth the money for me. We also get Mobdro and UKTVNOW which gives access to all the terrestrial channels, plus all Sky, BT etc sports, films, etc channels.
Cl3880

ricketts

Thank you both for your replies

felipe

I now believe that the best option is now with IPTV. But you do need a minimum of 6meg download. No dish required. You get all free to air channels, plus movie, sky sports and box sets and catch up tv.

Dylanthomas2014

Have a word with oldbirchy a member on here he should be able to sort you out  I tried the total entertainment system on a spare box tried it once went back to oldbirchy system worth a pm

ricketts

Hi, I have a minix android box, am not techi minded at all, and had this set up by total entertainment, watching tv has never been good, lots of buffering. Can someone please explain how I pay for film on and have this set up on my android box? if I pay for with my laptop will this mean i can only watch on my laptop? or is there somewhere I can go for this to be set up for me.  Many Thanks