Bar international

Started by Roger from Almanzora, January 24, 2018, 10:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Not heard anything unfortunately.  Menu del Dia in Velez Rubio would be a lovely stroll out.....

PhillipJLloyd

Quote from: Roger from Almanzora on January 24, 2018, 10:57:40 AM
Bar international closed last week. In a few months they may start again in Velez Rubio.

Any more information on this ?

Dreamer

Quote from: KJH3 on January 28, 2018, 16:14:56 PM
Yes i can recommend Hotel Carmona in the centre of Vera. Its a Spanish Restaurant, so burger and chips are not on the menu

Sounds good I will look at that, Thank-you.
We do not eat burgers and chips in the uk so definitely do not want it when we come to Almeria.

KJH3

Yes i can recommend Hotel Carmona in the centre of Vera. Its a Spanish Restaurant, so burger and chips are not on the menu

lmj52

Dreamer don't know if Vera is too far? Try restaurant Juan Moreno. Or Restaurante Estacion Purchena.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Dreamer

Quote from: KJH3 on January 28, 2018, 09:56:25 AM
I have to say its ridiculous to assume that everyone spends their days telling the world about their mundane lives on "Face ache" as Byrney so eloquently put it and other electronic based forms of communication. Some of us still manage to venture out the house and away from the screens. The best form of advertising is outside the premise, you are catching those in the area and passing.
In my opinion it did serve good food of the type where there is a lot of competition in the local towns and villages, of course it was not up to the fine dining of the Dorchester or Ritz that some seem to expect in this rural area of Spain.

Is there any fine dining in the area KJH3? Its my husbands birthday in March and would love to find a real jem!

KJH3

I have to say its ridiculous to assume that everyone spends their days telling the world about their mundane lives on "Face ache" as Byrney so eloquently put it and other electronic based forms of communication. Some of us still manage to venture out the house and away from the screens. The best form of advertising is outside the premise, you are catching those in the area and passing.
In my opinion it did serve good food of the type where there is a lot of competition in the local towns and villages, of course it was not up to the fine dining of the Dorchester or Ritz that some seem to expect in this rural area of Spain.

byrney

Fully agree with everything that has been said about this potentially excellent bar.

Firstly, can all the bars restaurants, businesses start to understand that we do not all go on Face-ache?

Please spend a few quid on publicity in places that we all use - ie. Euro Weekly and Sol Times?

Secondly, why not put a few strategically placed signs saying what they provide - including opening times?

Thirdly, why not provide some traditional Spanish food for those of us who are not hell-bent on making this little-Britain - ah I await with interest we will have a McDonalds, or even a Wetherspoons at the Lidl Junction......

Optomist

Its a shame it didnt work out for them , but businesses need to be continence , if your hours keep changing then customers dont know if your going to be open or not so wont go out of their way to find out when there is so much competition around . The sad thing as someone mentioned that if the , black 4x4 or Peugeot cabriolet were outside then they were open but how many knew that unless they were regulars . The food was good and we had a few meals there so sorry to see it closing again .

Sadly the Welcome Stranger in Limaria learnt that lesson , really nice food and people however it was never really busy , chicken and egg , your often open with few if any customers so working for next to nothing but other times your raking it in .

Experience business owners learn when to be open or closed and and adjust to suite . With consistent hours , good friendly staff serving reasonably priced freshly cooked food and a willingness to stick at it the Bar International could once again be what it was in Hugo's day .

The same applies to any Bar/Restaurant . Its not brain surgery but few in this area can provide it all , either they have irregular hours , poor food , unwelcoming staff or they often close early because because its gone quiet .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

philt

well as with the few places that served good quality food in the area this is one bar that falls into the category of "use it or loose it". i guess now people can go to the restaurants they've always used. as for advertising ive seen many adverts in the papers and on their facebook page showing events and sometimes doing events that are a little different from the norm. People in the area go around with blinkers regarding whether the place looked open or not. im pleased for the brothers that now they can go and live their lives as their late mother would have wanted them to instead of putting up with the food critics. People are quick to judge how others should run their businesses and will slate them at the first opportunity. maybe they should adopt that form of attitude where other trades are concerned...the likes of builders, plumbers etc etc. good luck lads and enjoy your new life.

Dreamer

Quote from: KJH3 on January 27, 2018, 12:58:01 PM
Yes its sad when a business does not work out for the owners, it a hard trade, with a lot of competition. The bar was delightful, the food was well presented, good quality and well priced and no doubt they worked hard. One other aspect of running any business is a good knowledge and understanding of marketing. I have heard it said so many times of this bar that potential customers never knew when it was open as it always looked closed. Perhapes sometimes you have to shout louder at the passing public, they won't hear what you want them to know unless you tell them.

I personally don't think there is a lot of competition in regards to good quality food in the area. I definitely agree that the bar / restaurant always looked closed when we were looking for somewhere to eat. We just saw a black range rover / land rover type car in front. We never attempted to get out and try the door because it looked closed.

KJH3

Yes its sad when a business does not work out for the owners, it a hard trade, with a lot of competition. The bar was delightful, the food was well presented, good quality and well priced and no doubt they worked hard. One other aspect of running any business is a good knowledge and understanding of marketing. I have heard it said so many times of this bar that potential customers never knew when it was open as it always looked closed. Perhapes sometimes you have to shout louder at the passing public, they won't hear what you want them to know unless you tell them.

philt

Bar international has closed through personal reasons along with the lack of support in the area. i feel sorry for the few regular customers who supported them and became friends with them unlike the the others who made it their goal to think the world owes them everything. The lads are taking time out to enjoy their new home and its surroundings but have not yet decided what they will do in the future. i think if anyone wants to know what they are going to do they should contact them  :c017:

Optomist

Chapmans and Bar Lepanto  few doors up from Mercadona , both serve really good food , with generous portions and all freshly cooked , not reheated leftovers like one or two others of the others we tried .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Zulu

Bar la union in alfoquia, great sunday lunch.  They get very busy so maybe worth booking.

Roger from Almanzora

Thanks. I'll take a look at those, and thanks for the pm.

felipe

bowling alley have a new Sunday menu worth looking at.

The Gardener

Maloans in Albox does a good Sunday Carvery.

Roger from Almanzora

Bar international closed last week. In a few months they may start again in Velez Rubio.

Any recommendations for a good Sunday roast lunch not to fat from Albox/Arboleas?