CWM

Started by Buttercookies48, January 19, 2018, 18:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxbat

Hi Buttercookies,
I know a lot about CWM if you pm me I can point you in the right direction where you will be able to find all the answers with help support & guidance.

lmj52

Quote from: Hogs on January 20, 2018, 06:23:28 AM
lmj52

How can these Companies seemingly continue to trade unrestricted.  Both in the UK and apparently in the EU, does the FCA have any 'teeth' outside of the UK?

Hogsy

Hi hogs,
Most of the business done in Spain is "unregulated". So does not come under FCA jurisdiction. QROPS have been advised for the majority of people. Can be the correct advice for some but only for a small number of people in my experience. I know of firms who have a lovely website, quotes an FCA number which they have made up, but the prospective clients does not bother to check. Of course these "advisers" come over as very plausible. Crooks and fraudsters are believable that's how they are successful.
Those firms that were registered by the FCA and gave bad advice or committed fraud, by the time the FCA finds out it's too late.
I am helping a friend who lost money through accepting advice to invest his pension in property in Cape Verdi. The company has ceased trading, properties did not exist, the ombudsman has agreed advice was wrong, but we will never get a penny back. Started the process in June last year.
I'm glad I'm out of the industry now
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

lmj52

Just google the name. All information about their collapse is there.  :c023:
Firms like this give good advisors a bad name. I cringe when I hear the advice some people have been given
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

tintin

I have made a search on the internet and this firm seems to have ceased trading on 29th Sept 2017 so my advice would be to do a search on the internet and if you are an investor contact the Financial Conduct Authority to see if you are eligible for compensation
Mike

Buttercookies48

Does anyone have any information concerning Continental Wealth Management
Regards