Looking for a good deal on new specs

Started by SKB, January 16, 2018, 13:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angieh

Visionlive in ALbox have a two for one offer on for veri focal a. We use them and are very pleased with the service.

guest4538

Quote from: SKB on January 17, 2018, 09:45:48 AM
Fantastic thank you so much.  Next stop the Opticians for a prescription.  Thanks again.

Ah, that might be a problem! Unlike the UK, opticians in Spain are not required to give you a copy of your prescription following an eye test. I believe Specsavers in Spain are the exception in giving you a copy, but unfortunately the nearest branch is in Torrevieja: https://en.specsavers.es/. If you go to a local optician in Spain you need to negotiate with them, about getting your prescription, at the outset.

If you are visiting the UK, it might be best to get your eye test done there where it is free for OAPs!

SKB

Fantastic thank you so much.  Next stop the Opticians for a prescription.  Thanks again.

guest4538

Quote from: SKB on January 16, 2018, 13:13:17 PM
Does anyone know of a shop like Specsavers who do buy one pair of specs get another free?  Also I am a pensioner and wondered if like in the UK I could get a discount.  Look forward to any suggestions.  Many thanks

Provided you have your prescription, you can get 2 pair of specs from Glasses Direct for £26.50 (£19 for the specs and £7.50 for delivery to Spain) - https://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/. Clearly, if you really want bifocals or varifocals, they will cost more, but a lot less than the High Street!

I doubt anyone else can get anywhere near these prices, and from personal experience the quality of the product and the services provided are excellent!

SKB

Does anyone know of a shop like Specsavers who do buy one pair of specs get another free?  Also I am a pensioner and wondered if like in the UK I could get a discount.  Look forward to any suggestions.  Many thanks