Talking Pictures TV

Started by PuffTheMagicDragon, January 10, 2018, 17:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PuffTheMagicDragon

Thanks for that, Chrisme, I thought that might be the case, but we ditched our sat dish & box some time ago, and I don't fancy replacing them for just one channel, albeit a good one.

Puff

guest4538

Quote from: PuffTheMagicDragon on January 10, 2018, 17:53:19 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to get the oldies film channel 'Talking Pictures TV' through an android box, and if so, how?
Puff

I haven't found any internet source for 'Talking Pictures', but you can pick it up on satellite with a relatively small dish.

It's transmitted via the the Astra2G Europe beam, transponder 94 frequency 11538 V. You should be able to receive that with an 80/90cm dish. So, for example, if you kept all your old satellite equipment up and running, you could still watch 'Talking Pictures' without the need for a 1.9m dish upgrade! If you haven't got any old equipment, I'm sure you could pick up a small dish and basic generic satellite receiver fairly cheaply (you don't need an HD receiver for programmes such as this).

It's a great programme for watching old movies...

PuffTheMagicDragon

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the oldies film channel 'Talking Pictures TV' through an android box, and if so, how?

Puff