Gay Married Couple Seeking accepting Church

Started by chuzstok1277, January 02, 2018, 16:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camarotes

Being based at Vera, you'll be about equidistant from both Mojacar and Llanos Anglican Churches, both of which, as indicated by previous comments would, I'm sure you'd find equally welcoming.

The Church at Mojacar can be found by taking the road along the Playa from Mojácar towards Carboneras. After leaving the built-up area, travel on for about 4 kms. Whilst alongside the new Golf Course at Macenas, turn right into the small village of El Agua de Enmedio and the church is two hundred metres up on the hill on the right. There is ample unrestricted street parking and room for a few cars on the church site for people who may find the steps a little too difficult. Turn right onto the unmade road after the high wall, then sharp right again up the hill.

For Llanos, take the  A334 Baza Road from the A7 (jnctn 547), following this for a couple of miles through Los Carasoles, where there are lights to control speed.  At the end of the long straight take the right turn, signed for Cucador, forking right in about 50 yds, then follow this winding and undulating road, under an old railway bridge, past a bar called La Vida and about 3/4 mile further on, fork right into the village of Llanos del Peral.  The Church is on the left, with car park opposite.

There is a third, equally welcoming Church in this parish, at Aljambra in Albox, but this is considerably further away from Vera than the other two.

Further information can be found on the Church website www.mojacarchurch.org

Hope you find this helpful

dazbear

Los Llanos Church is a very accepting congregation, lovely people.  We have been going for a few months now - couldn't have been more welcome!

StellaL

Quote from: chuzstok1277 on January 02, 2018, 21:01:00 PM
Quote from: StellaL on January 02, 2018, 17:59:09 PM
I have no time whatsoever for religion,but I am astonished you need to ask the question. Surely any Christian organisation would welcome you irrespective of your sexuality.

One church we contacted informed us that we were welcome but not if we wished to follow 'that kind of lifestyle choice'.  I advised him that I was hanging up the phone.
Don't blame you. I can't believe people still have an attitude like that.
Stella

chuzstok1277

Quote from: StellaL on January 02, 2018, 17:59:09 PM
I have no time whatsoever for religion,but I am astonished you need to ask the question. Surely any Christian organisation would welcome you irrespective of your sexuality.

One church we contacted informed us that we were welcome but not if we wished to follow 'that kind of lifestyle choice'.  I advised him that I was hanging up the phone.

nibbler

Hi you two,
Please pm me I will give you all the gen on my church, we already have a gay couple attending and they are wonderful people.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Nibbler. :bravo_2:

StellaL

Stella

chuzstok1277

Is anyone aware or knows of a Church that is accepting of a gay couple. We will be moving in to the Vera district in spring and would like to be regular members of a church.

Regards
Keith and Peter