Young family move to the area....schools...etc!

Started by Katfee, December 30, 2017, 15:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

you will also need an NIE  number to register your kids into school,wich a lawyer or gestorĂ­a will be able to apply for if your in the uk.

i think you can get a temp one for buying a property as a non res,then it is confimed up to an over 90 day stay register,to get this you will need a min income of around 5500e and private medical cover.(or an income of around 9000e per couple plus private meds per person)

private meds runs at approx 20e a week per person but may not cover any pre existing conditions.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Katfee

Thank you both for your comments - I appreciate the advice.
I'm trying to get in touch with the schools and will be phoning them on Monday with my Spanish tutor. Wish me luck *gulp!

Tetley

The other issue as well,is getting older children NIE  number,s to go onto employment or further study,ie we might get right through the brexit  being able to use parents NIE Numbers,but get to 18 and not be able to get an NIE  because the UK.....Has left the building, and of coarse knowbody knowes what the new medical deal will be after 2019,ie as it is now kids are coverd  wile in education up to 24/25,wich might not carry on been the case for brit non eu kids.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

hurlez

Tetley has given you sound advice . Perhaps you could pm Clare shirley as she has two young daughters in the education system and might be a good source for information . Hope you don't mind Clare .

Tetley

My Advice is stay were you are at the mo till the Brexit is compleated,the Brit,s are on target to end up with less rights than an Eastern European Gypsie type person,unless the UK Government gets its act together.

my kids been right through the spanish system and has done well,however there is no way i would have brought him over from the uk aged 8 with all this crap going on,as i wouldent have wanted my dream turning into my childs knightmere.

good luck with whatever you decide.

Katfee

Hello all,
I'm after some advice if you don't mind. My husband (39) and I (34) and our 3 children (ages 6, 9 and 11) are in the very early stages of looking to move to Spain permenantly. So far we've done a lot of research and booked estate agents to come and give a valuation of our home in the U.K. My husband is going to fly over next month to find out as much as he can about the area, particularly the local schools for the children, and also potential work opportunities for him.
We are aware that work availability in the area is really not good, and also aware that we are best to rent before buying a house there. What I'd like advice on most importantly is the schooling. I've read about the secondary school in Albox (Martin Garcia Ramos) but finding info about it (that I can understand) is tricky! I've also looked into the El Prado and also the Arboleas primary schools for my other 2 children but can find no website/online information for them. I'm aware that these are all state schools and so we are prepared to all learn la lingua! As a family. I am in touch with a local spanish tutor in he U.K currently. I'd like to ask if my children will receive any form of support at the school while they learn Spanish? Particularly my eldest 2?
If these schools just didn't work out, is there any financial subsidies offered for the international schools in the area? I'm not sure if there are any of these schools close to arboleas?
We are also aware of the need for  financial back up which we will have. We will have some savings behind us and if we do choose to sell out U.K home, the equity from this as additional.

Can I also ask is the house buying process lengthy/difficult in Spain from experience?

Also, I work from home and I'm able to take my homeworking travel business with me wherever I go, so work for me continues.....business as usual sort of thing. However, the self employed intricacies I've found upon research have made my eyes go squiffy! Very confusing! Any advice/tips?

Our main desire to move away is down to our want for a better life, for us and for our children. Better for us meaning not seeing house upon house as we look out the window, more warmth, nature, and our children being immersed in a healthier way of life.

Any advice offered would be very gratefully received and appreciated. Feeling perplexed and a nauseous trying to work it all out, always considering what's best for our children, who are all up for it by the way :)

Many thanks,

Kat x