Bassura bills

Started by adasingleton, January 17, 2018, 13:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod

They will soon find out.
Do all my bills by dd and never had a problem ( banco Popular ). Could not do with the hassle of paying each and every bill.

adasingleton

Sorry can't see how they haven't got my bank details. And they never have in the past.

Elgin

Quote from: adasingleton on January 20, 2018, 09:42:49 AM
:I agree with oats. The reason why I won't pay anything dd is they just help themselves, with very little or no notification.  I receive a paper bill and I am in control of the payment, for the water, leccy etc, after 14yrs here I have found dd is just an open invitation to 'help yourself to my money' .  The bank and company being in control of my money, NOT !!!!
Unfortunately I have the  misfortune of being with banco popular.
By paying per bill when it comes in the post I have found I have money left at the end of the month and more importantly I'm in control, on my terms.........

Unfortunately, if you miss a bill for basura, IBI, Car Tax etc they will just grab it from your bank account (embargo) together with a further charge anyway!
!

adasingleton

:I agree with oats. The reason why I won't pay anything dd is they just help themselves, with very little or no notification.  I receive a paper bill and I am in control of the payment, for the water, leccy etc, after 14yrs here I have found dd is just an open invitation to 'help yourself to my money' .  The bank and company being in control of my money, NOT !!!!
Unfortunately I have the  misfortune of being with banco popular.
By paying per bill when it comes in the post I have found I have money left at the end of the month and more importantly I'm in control, on my terms.........

Amanda Oakley

Hi you have a digital signature you can log on to the Diputacion website
http://www.dipalme.org/Servicios/cmsdipro/index.nsf/informacion.xsp?p=dipalme&ref=DP-OV
You can follow the link which enables the download of bills etc.....
So long as you have a "firma digital" which is secure and downloaded to your computer, you can then access all individual personal data.....

You do need a reasonable grasp of Spanish in order to navigate but once you "suss" how it works, it is easy....

Let me know if you need help
Regards
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

Optomist

Quote from: Amanda Oakley on January 19, 2018, 20:50:56 PM
In my personal opinion DD payments are best so long as you keep an eye on all payments
If you want bills it is fairly easy to register for a "digital" signature which allows you to log on to the Diputacion website and download all personal bills and make the espondence sent electronically.... you do need ro keep on top of this method as it is down to the individual to register and then set up ebilling if you want to
Hopefully this makes sense.....

Thanks for that information Amanda its something i didnt know about , we have Clave and a Digital Certificate on our laptops , is that what you were referring to when you said Digital Signature or is that a higher level of security . We use ours for some government websites and found it useful for information that you cant get without them . We would be very grateful if you had a link for the website you mentioned and steer us in the right direction to finding our bills . The problem we have found with other government websites is finding the sections needed for whatever is wanted as they cover so many things and with so many sub categories and all in Spanish they can take hours to navigate .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

peacie

I bank at Unicar and stopped paper statements being sent, as they sent one out for every transaction.  Instead I opted to receive an email everytime a direct debit was paid or money paid into my account.  It gives an account balance after the transaction was actioned as well.  The cost of this is 2€, well worth it for me.

Amanda Oakley

In my personal opinion DD payments are best so long as you keep an eye on all payments
If you want bills it is fairly easy to register for a "digital" signature which allows you to log on to the Diputacion website and download all personal bills and make the espondence sent electronically.... you do need ro keep on top of this method as it is down to the individual to register and then set up ebilling if you want to
Hopefully this makes sense.....
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

Optomist

Quote from: DLMcN on January 19, 2018, 20:05:04 PM
Optimist - Thanks for the info ... [That two-euro charge must be something new?]

I do not often need to get a printed copy - but an easy way to avoid that^ payment, would be to log in to my bank a/c, and then print out (here, in my house) a list of selected transactions. I am inclined to believe that should convince the Consorcio that I am fully paid up. If I also gave them my personal registration number, the Consorcio should be able to check it in their own records.

Its silly really because we used to get a printed receipt for so many things sent through the post , about 2 a week on average as we use our account for so many things . We went paperless to save waste and everything we needed until late last year was online for us . We needed a hard copy of 4 payments made for the Town hall and unfortunately dont have a printer so called in to Cajamar to get printed copies , were surprised when they said that will cost €8 , when you consider we went paperless to save them money , its very disappointing they charge for something that would normally be free if sent through the post . In the 4 years we have been paperless we have saved them printing and the cost of postage on at least 800 transactions . We are no longer paperless and already have dozens of receipts in a draw that we will probably never need covering each transaction coming in and out online .

DLMcN

Optimist - Thanks for the info ... [That two-euro charge must be something new?]

I do not often need to get a printed copy - but an easy way to avoid that^ payment, would be to log in to my bank a/c, and then print out (here, in my house) a list of selected transactions. I am inclined to believe that should convince the Consorcio that I am fully paid up. If I also gave them my personal registration number, the Consorcio should be able to check it in their own records.

Optomist

Quote from: DLMcN on January 19, 2018, 19:28:29 PM
On the rare occasions when it is necessary to have a printed copy, Cajamar will always supply the latest one straightaway, i.e. "while you wait".

At €2 a copy

DLMcN

Ada-S and Oats >> I have been paying for Basura collection through Direct Debit for about 12 years using Cajamar - with absolutely no problem. To ensure that they are not charging more than the correct amount, it is worth keeping notes as to when each debit is subtracted - and there has never once been a mistake; [admittedly, sometimes the interval between them is more than, or is less than three months, but it always averages out to four times a year]. On the rare occasions when it is necessary to have a printed copy, Cajamar will always supply the latest one straightaway, i.e. "while you wait". If necessary, they can even go back several years to confirm your record... [That^ 'paper evidence' is essential if you need to go in and talk to them - about their service, for example]....
... So perhaps Direct Debit is worth reconsidering? - if [as you imply] the alternatives are such a struggle... With a bit of luck, it might even be a different bank employee handling it for you this next time !

I have heard, incidentally, that Arboleas is planning to pull out of the Consorcio - but only at some unknown date in the future, because they obviously need to find somebody else to collect our basura. I do not know what Huercal Overa's plans are in this regard.

Optomist

I only know about Albox as we made a point of asking after being caught once . The initial rate for late payment added the day following the final date for payment is a fifth , ( 20% ) , interest on the bill and fee is a secondary charge . Dont know other councils charges or Consortiums but i would imagine that would be the standard  rate or the maximum rate whichever is the greatest .

Tetley

Thing is.... its not in there intrest for people to pay on time ,as they can slap the origonal bill wiith charges and 10% intrest,even a few weeks over per bill is worth 5e.,and a few months over is 5 %.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Optomist

We did clarify the email address they gave you on the paper was only really intended for customers to find out the office address that they could collect their bills from if you didn't know which of the several addresses above you came under .

They will not email invoices or even notification that a bill is ready for collection which in this day and age should be a very simple process to email out bills and cost effective in terms of man hours needed in the offices having to deal with the large numbers of customers calling in .

Emailing bills saves them time , printing costs and brings in more of the revenue , not everyone has the time to collect theirs so not everyone will be paying promptly .

Now if only Albox town hall looked into something of the same nature they would also make life easier for many of us , save town hall staff hours and also bring in a lot more money quicker , especially as Albox has so many IBI and Car tax payers outside town with different property and postal addresses but i think in their case they count on that to bring in the additional revenue from fines .

Oats

Like adasingleton there is no way I will sanction a direct debit for this - you would never get a bill. For at least the last year we have had to call into the office Albox to collect a bill and when challenged they blamed Correos. Now it's being said (above) that they are no longer sending them out. I felt we were being held to ransom by not paying by direct debit. We get out electricity and water invoices electronically so why not Basura? I picked up the leaflet that was in their office which says you can receive correspondence (it doesn't actually say facturas/invoices) by email or SMS but when I went on the website it wasn't clear how to register. If anyone has had any success with that please let me know and I'll try again. Also they are not consistent with their billing times so it's hard to determine when they are due. Oh the joys of Spain's bureaucracy!!! :91:

Elgin

Quote from: adasingleton on January 19, 2018, 10:06:03 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I work 6 days a week and do not wish to spend my 1 precious day chasing a bill that as been successfully posted to me for nearly 14 years,  can I arrange for them to be either still posted or email to print off.
Again Dd is not an option for me due to bad experiences in the past.
I presume car tax will have to be chased also.

T.i a

The Diputacion De Almeria website says you can arrange for bill details to be sent by SMS or email.  However, from what I see you need all the details of a paper bill to be able to register for the service!  Catch 22!

All the same you can give it a go from http://www.hacienda.dipalme.org/

adasingleton

Thanks for the reply.
I work 6 days a week and do not wish to spend my 1 precious day chasing a bill that as been successfully posted to me for nearly 14 years,  can I arrange for them to be either still posted or email to print off.
Again Dd is not an option for me due to bad experiences in the past.
I presume car tax will have to be chased also.

T.i a

Elgin

Quote from: adasingleton on January 17, 2018, 13:39:49 PM
Many thanks for the 2 replays, don't pay anything Dd, due to very bad experiences in the past, banco popular, need I say more,
Where do you go to get bassura bills in huercal overa then please???

The Consorcio are supposed to have an office in the Plaza De Abastos Commercial Km0 (opposite the Albanta Vets).  Also you might be able to get bills from the Diputacion De Almeria tax office which is back towards the centre of town a bit on the other side of the road (just past (or before depending which way you are going!) the Repsol filling Station)

adasingleton

Many thanks for the 2 replays, don't pay anything Dd, due to very bad experiences in the past, banco popular, need I say more,
Where do you go to get bassura bills in huercal overa then please???

Optomist

Quote from: terina on January 17, 2018, 13:28:31 PM
As far as I know they are not sending them out, if you have not paid any they will also add interest.  If possible the best thing is to arrange a direct debit

Thats correct and what we were told when we went in just after Christmas and collected the last one ( 2017/3 )issued September 2017 and they also printed out the one ( 2017/4 )issued December due to be paid by March 2018 . They said from 2018 they would not be using the postal system and everyone had to call in to colect them , they actualy gave us a list of areas and the relevant office addresses and at the bottom it gave an email address to write to them if you didnt know which office you came under .

The number on top of the bill is the relevant year and quarter is shown as 1 , 2 , 3 or 4 after the / for anyone not sure which they have paid .

terina

As far as I know they are not sending them out, if you have not paid any they will also add interest.  If possible the best thing is to arrange a direct debit

adasingleton

Hi don't know if this as been covered before, what's happened to the bassura/Ibi bills,
I am missing 2 from last year and have been told they don't post them out anymore, which after 14 years of doing that it works for me.
I have been told your to go ask for them??? Can't see the old Spanish doing that??.
So are they now not being sent in the post??
Tia.