cast iron log burner

Started by cg, December 23, 2017, 15:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nataliechristie

Hi Thermomix, Do you do pellet burners that run a heating system too?

Thermomix Silvia

Hello

In Equipamientos Ramos in Fines,
we can find solutions...  and we speak English

www.equipamientosramos.com

soosoo

Acar sell a lot of Italian and French made woodburners. Ours is Italian (I think) good, heavy cast iron. Fitted with straight flue and on a marble plinth. All done in a day though ours took a little longer as they needed to extend the chimney as it wasn't high enough. That was caused by a wall being constructed around the roof terrace by the previous owners. Guess their builder didn't look into that potential problem at the time.

Lancashire lad

Just to warn you be careful when buying cast iron wood burners ALOT are Chinese and very poor quality, look out for the ones which are made to look old with ornate castings  especially!
You will see them advertised on the selling sites as antique!
Take a look at Hergom as a reputable manufacturer or if you can find them Jotul or Morso( both Norwegian made) if you really want cast iron.
Matt

Lorraine

My opinion too.  We bought a heavy duty log burner last Spring and it's brilliant. They fitted it as well as supplied and did a really good job.

soosoo

Chimineas Acar next to the ITV station at Albox. Good choice, good service, good quality of workmanship, English lad works mornings if language is a problem. Have dealt with them over the last 8 years and have no negative comments. Only my opinion of course. 😀

cg

anyone tell me where they sell cast iron long fire ,have brought the cheap tin versions and wasted my money .

Thanks and a merry christmas