Pellet burner

Started by slr2679, December 16, 2017, 23:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancashire lad

Trucker, sounds like you are happy with your burner so no worries, glad you like it.
Matt

Trucker

LL/Matt, I will concede about the look of a real fire...we had the glass fronted fan log fire and no matter how hard I tried I could not open the door to put wood on without it making the room stink of wood smoke..and luckily unless weather is sever we dont get the power cuts as we did some years ago...Happy Bunny..

Lorraine

This is our first winter with a wood burner from Arcar - wish we had done it years ago - it's fabulous

Lancashire lad

That's the problem with pellet burners trucker, pellet burners may have taken away the traditional "chore" of stacking and chopping  but they can't replicate the crackle and flame pattern of a stove and you can be knackered during a power cut, but like I say personal preference.
As for smoke in the room, a properly installed wood burner should not emit smoke into the room.
All the best Matt

Trucker

Not having to stack the logs, not having to keep going out to get another log, not having to clean every day..... But putting on a bag of pellets every other day, having no dust from ash when cleaning, not having clouds of smoke making house stink, having near on instant heat that is remote controllable and with one we got turn it on via internet while you out and on the way home.......worth every cent...., :098:

Lancashire lad

Hi, the burner anything between 800 and 2000 dependent on spec and then you need the flue system so budget around 50/80 euros per metre, again this is for the correct flue and not just vitreous pipe as used on wood burners. then the cost of installation, it also depends on if you want water or radiators working from the appliance also-this is the best option otherwise stick with a traditional wood burner as for the cost it's not worth it  in my opinion anyway)

The Gardener

Get quotes from people like Acar (up by the ITV station), Fontarboleas and Fontalmanzora.  Go and look at the models available to see what will suit you best.  There used to be a government grant available for such an installation but I believe that no longer applies, but worth asking.

slr2679

There's an existing log burner in a property we are interested in. If we wanted to have this replaced with a pellet burner approx how much would it cost? TIA