Latest Windows Update

Started by ramblagirl, December 14, 2017, 05:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4538

Quote from: ramblagirl on December 14, 2017, 05:59:14 AM
On shutting down the other day my laptop updated Windows 10 and took about an hour to shutdown. Next time I started up it took an hour and a half to initialise update. Ever since then on startup it doesn't just open to desktop but automatically opens the programs I last had open ie. Internet Explorer, Chrome and Outlook. How can I stop this happening?

Go to 'start up' and disable the processes which you do not want to start automatically when you switch on your computer. In fact the fewer processes you have in 'start up', the quicker your computer gets going.

There are several ways of getting to 'start up'. Here's one way:

• right click on the windows icon (bottom left of your screen);
  • from the menu which appears, click on 'Task Manager';
  • in the Task Manager window, click on 'Start-up' (the fourth column heading);
  • Click on the row you want to change (it should be highlighted);
  • finally, click on 'disable' (or 'enable', if you want the process to start automatically) bottom right of the window

Don't worry about anything, you can always reverse the action if it doesn't subsequently function to your liking.

Good luck.

ramblagirl

On shutting down the other day my laptop updated Windows 10 and took about an hour to shutdown. Next time I started up it took an hour and a half to initialise update. Ever since then on startup it doesn't just open to desktop but automatically opens the programs I last had open ie. Internet Explorer, Chrome and Outlook. How can I stop this happening?