SEVERE WEATHER WARNING.

Started by olly, December 11, 2017, 15:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo-JoB

Quote from: olly on December 11, 2017, 15:53:31 PM
Please note:-
If you live in the South of England, you must stay indoors unless it is absolutely necessary that you need to travel.

If you live in the North, you will need your big coat if you go out.

Long sleeve T-shirt!

John n Julie

100% agree with you twojays, I knew Hogs would as well, gulpers sippers and sandy bottoms all round.
Regards
John
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

twojaysalmeria

Quote from: eric blindell on December 11, 2017, 16:32:59 PM
Ex RAF ?  Book into a good hotel, stay warm
Ex Army ?  Great coats and boots must be worn
Ex RN ?  Wooly pullies will be optional

Spot on - pass the cocoa...

Mind you, my belief is it all started to go downhill when they got rid of the tot!

zilnor

Lynde.

Well said.
I live in a side street which is 300 yards from a primary school entrance . Every morning there is a problem with parents parking and actually blocking residents access. On quite a few  occasions, parents have parked across driveways of my neighbours, left the car and walked their kids to the school gate, preventing those residents from leaving their houses.
And when confronted by angry residents , the parents attitude is "tough" . Not setting a good example to their kids.

All part of why the number of overweight kids is increasing. The don't walk anywhere.

eric blindell

Ex RAF ?  Book into a good hotel, stay warm
Ex Army ?  Great coats and boots must be worn
Ex RN ?  Wooly pullies will be optional

Lynden

If you are a teacher and see a snowflake on your window....relax no school today.
If you are a parent who agrees with the policy of closing schools because of the dangerous conditions, but then allow your kids to play out in the snow.....you have a serious issue. Gross hypocrisy.
We get snow like this once every 6 or 7 years......seemed more when I was a kid.....we loved it....snowballs, making slides on the pavement, sledges.....and that was in school.
I suppose it's all part of the over protective culture we have......400 yards to school....get the car out, it's too far for little Waynetta.

zilnor

olly

Please note:-
If you live in the South of England, you must stay indoors unless it is absolutely necessary that you need to travel.

If you live in the North, you will need your big coat if you go out.

If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.