Central Heating

Started by bluetopaz, December 10, 2017, 08:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancashire lad

All three of our stoves made in the UK and built to last, One from Yorkshire, One from Shropshire and One from the Isle of Wight.

Angleseyite

Quote from: Lancashire lad on December 13, 2017, 10:14:07 AM
I have Broseley evolution 26 in my UK house 26 kw output, 16 to water and 10 to the room it's linked to my combi but uses a safety cold water system, thermal disharge valve, expansion vessel and safety blow off with back end protection provided by an Esbe valve!
Honest it is a monster but really easy to use and all my rads are hot! in Spain just got 2 wood burners

I had a Charnwood  DX50, 14kw , 12 to the water 2 to the room, it was in 24/7 in the winter, burned smokeless, never a problem in 25 yrs ish,  house always warm and as much hot water as you could use. :08:

Lancashire lad

I have Broseley evolution 26 in my UK house 26 kw output, 16 to water and 10 to the room it's linked to my combi but uses a safety cold water system, thermal disharge valve, expansion vessel and safety blow off with back end protection provided by an Esbe valve!
Honest it is a monster but really easy to use and all my rads are hot! in Spain just got 2 wood burners

Tetley

its certainly a good peice of kit,i think i fitted it in 1986 lol
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Lancashire lad

Dunsley made in Holmfirth Yorkshire, built like a tank! I had customers who had used it for 40 years, they still make the open fire range today but bloody expensive

Can't beat coal both house and smokeless burns  hotter and longer than wood and is far more cost effective, but as you know it doesn't look pretty stacked on your fireplace!

Tetley

no Matt it was a 16" wrapp round open fire Dunsley,it use to run 5 double rads  & Plus an indirect coil for the water with ease and was as cheap as chips to run.

(i went to the power statio here,trying to buy coal as i fancied a coal round in the early days....but they looked at mi...daft   :)) )
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Lancashire lad

Tetley

i had a coal fire system in the uk,with auto bleed valves on the top of the rads,the bottom of the rads always warmed first,then when the coal fire was at full temp after abought 2 hours all the rads would be fully hot over the full rad.

if you have solid fuel,ie logs

i also made an electric emersion heater tube that i put in line that would warm the water using two  3kw emersion heater tubes,this would help pre heat the water for a faster warm up.

bluetopaz

Thanks for every ones help.

Not sure if I have done the right thing but I upped the bar pressure a bit and all the radiators seem to be working now.

Angleseyite

Quote from: bluetopaz on December 10, 2017, 12:32:07 PM
So does that mean the water has been plumbed the wrong way round?

It is normal for the top of a pumped water system radiator to warm from the top first due to convection, so I would say it is connected correctly.  :08:

bluetopaz

So does that mean the water has been plumbed the wrong way round?

Angleseyite

Quote from: bluetopaz on December 10, 2017, 11:51:46 AM
The system was flushed out when we had the new boiler installed. The radiators do get hot at the bottom but my question is should they get hot from the top down or the bottom up.
As the hot water enters the bottom of the radiator, it will rise to the top as it is less dense than cold water .  :08:

bluetopaz

The system was flushed out when we had the new boiler installed. The radiators do get hot at the bottom but my question is should they get hot from the top down or the bottom up.

bluetopaz

Yes and only get water out of them. What about them getting hot from the top down? I have been told they should get hot from the bottom up as hot water like air, rises.

Trucker

may sound as if telling grandmother to suck eggs but have you bled them..let all the air out of radiators..

bluetopaz

Had a new central heating boiler installed and have had nothing but problems with getting all the radiators to work. They have been balanced but every time the heating comes on one or more are still cold. I have re-balanced them and all but one will now come on. It has also been put to me that it is plumbed the wrong way round as the radiators get hot from the top down and not the bottom up. Any ideas.