Diesel injector refurb

Started by Rtis, December 07, 2017, 16:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rtis

Thanks for all replies, it now appears we have a friend who is returning from the UK next week, who can pick one up for 74 pounds , with no exchange so old injector can be refurbished for a spare.

gingernut

The Peugeot garage did mine,could save you going all the way to Lorca.

gus-lopez

Yes there isn't any one else here except Garcia & Sanchez. It is known locally as "Cotes" as until he retired 2 years back it was cotes & Garcia.
I had a set for a 30 year old ducato done a few weeks back . 4 complete new needle sets & set up 170€

Tetley

Hog,s is link is correct,i just know it as" Lorca deisel" and its were all the local garages take there stuff for" diesel doctoring"

(plus they do all the Lombardini type tractor injectors & pump farm deisel repair stuff.)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Rtis

Thanks Hogs will also look into that one as well .

Rtis

It is a 5 cylinder Volvo, I done the leak back test and number 3 injector was hitting 80 ml in 1 minute ! other 4 just under 6 ml, Cold start problem ! Had one of the local boys looking under the bonnet couldn't understand why there was no fuel pump !! His tractor is way before the common rail  stuff !!

Tetley

Quote from: Rtis on December 07, 2017, 17:14:39 PM
Thanks for the quick response, will contact them tomorrow .

they do all the repairs and ECU Re programing,if the injectors are still on the veichle and its a modern motor,it might be worth riding up there in the motor as its not forced to be the injectors and they may be able to plug the motor in and ind the fault.

ie
i had a bad smoking nissan engin,did the injectors.... no diffrence,turns out there is a wire mesh filter inside the pump that was blocked,30 mins later....ran like new.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Rtis

Thanks for the quick response, will contact them tomorrow .

Tetley

Lorca Diesel

Poligono Industrial Sapre S/n
Lorca (Murcia)

968 47 6 009

Rtis

Does anyone know of a fairly local business that does recon diesel fuel injectors . Thanks in advance.