Got yer xmas tenner yet?

Started by tandas, December 06, 2017, 18:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tandas

Bass Bunny when my hubby did get started he didn't apply for it it just appeared in our bank account.  Also it's been reported that people like Sir Alan Sugar and Robert Plant, both multi millionaires receive it and couldn't send it back. 

cgmaywood

WFA was withdrawn in Spain about three years ago.

Chrissy

Lizzie1201

Well done Nibbler and Merry Christmas🥂

T I removed landrocks post. Phil

nibbler

Bass, many thanks for the advice. I have never ever considered the WFA as there are more in need of it than me. :72:
Nibbler

BassBunny

Quote from: tandas on December 07, 2017, 08:33:51 AM
Nibbler. We always spend ours on the food bank collection here.  Our point is why do they still give out this silly money that must cost more to administer and why do well off pensioners get it and the winter fuel payment anyway!  The Conservatives said they'd means test it and then dropped that once they were in.  Happy Christmas to everyone.
You are invited to apply for the WFA, it isn't paid automatically so if you don't want to claim it, don't fill in the forms.

nibbler

Perhaps means testing would cost even more than the administration. I don't know! but like you mine will go on the food bank in Zurgena our bags will be delivered to the Town hall on 13th with some extra Christmas treats.
Happy Christmas to you and your's.
Nibbler. :72:

tandas

Nibbler. We always spend ours on the food bank collection here.  Our point is why do they still give out this silly money that must cost more to administer and why do well off pensioners get it and the winter fuel payment anyway!  The Conservatives said they'd means test it and then dropped that once they were in.  Happy Christmas to everyone.

raysun

Mines going on two plates of jamon  serrano and nice vino tinto in  my favourite local. Thats the xmas spirit for me and god bless mrs. May and her pals for sparing so much. Hope they havent left themselves short.!!

zilnor

Nibbler

:bravo_2:

In my neck of little England, a few well off pensioners have organised a donation of the £10 Christmas bonus from those who don't need it. The proceeds are going towards organising Christmas lunch , with beer and wine, for pensioners living alone, and existing on a very modest budget. It will be provided in a local community centre, with Christmas crackers,  and a sing-song after lunch. Other people who live alone wil do the cooking and they say it helps them to enjoy Christnas day with other people.
Thus is a fantastic example of the spirit of Christmas.

nibbler

If you don't appreciate it then why not donate it to someone who is worse off than you.
Nibbler

tandas

Just arrived in our bank account our two Xmas bonus from the UK government.  Oh the joy deciding what to spend it on :051bye:. Shame we aren't getting the winter fuel money it's blooming cold here at the moment..  they give it to multi millionaires so why not us poor old ex pats :cry: