Arboleas Internet

Started by booboo, December 06, 2017, 17:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

I have a dish as well. Has one remote control and I can work it. Never had problem with the TV I use a fire stick to light the fire, haven't a clue what some people talk about.

phileas fogg

You feel unwell so you go to the doctor, he gives you medication, it takes days to work to correct the illness.
Your car breaks down, take it to garage, takes days to get part and fix it.
Internet fails, want instant repair, worst company around. have to talk to wife for hours on end. missed coronation street, he end of the world.
I have a large dish, have no problems at all.

jbonillom

The client is free to use any IPTV system of their choice, and our function is to be as neutral as possible with the other IPTV providers. I have never said that the client is obliged to use our IPTV solution, on the contrary we work so that the internet connection works with all the existing services (iptv, netflix, hbo, etc) and there is a directive that prevents Internet providers. prioritize your services over others.

Of course, if the customer chooses our IPTV solution, he will have support from us, even if there is any problem with it. Sistel almanzora as a private provider (ISP) can offer the services it considers to benefit its customers.

Our contract with the city council is limited to the Internet access service, but we have no limit to other services that benefit our clients, since we operate according to the principle of private investor in a free market economy and we have all the licenses for it (for all of Spain, not only Arboleas). The infrastructure to operate the IPTV service (which will represent a very important investment) will be entirely financed by Sistel Almanzora with its own funds. As Felipe has commented, it is not something so rare that a provider has an IPTV system, to the contrary, that is the most usual.

Best regards,

Juan

felipe

I do not think it any different to other internet providers that have been offering IPTV as part of their service.

Roger

It seems to me that there is a potential problem of conflict of commercial interest,
which could affect the issue of free competition.

Systel has a contract to manage the Town Hall internet.
As far as I am concerned they set up the system and are now continuing to manage it well.

If Systel is planning to also provide an IPTV service this is good for competition, and will benefit the consumer.
However surely this must be separate from the contract which Systel has to manage the Town Hall internet.
Otherwise it is distorting the commercial market which is illegal under EU free competition laws.
This is important for everyone to ensure that we all have free choice and as wide a choice as possible.
For Systel to inform their clients that only their proposed IPTV system will work on the Town Hall internet system is clearly illegal.

jbonillom

Quote from: PadPall on December 12, 2017, 13:22:36 PM
Dear Subscribers and Juan,

We would firstly like to say congratulations to Juan in his new business venture and hope it will be a prosperous one for him and his associates but also hope that Juan and his associates continue to conduct their business on a fair playing field.

For the past 3 weeks we've been experiencing a high rate of support calls with regards to our PADPALL IPTV system. As we treat those queries and any issues very seriously, we've been looking into our system, testing it and implementing changes in order to tackle them. We and our tech support team were left puzzled as no significant problems out of the ordinary glitch were found. We messaged our clients asking them to confirm location and their internet provider to isolate these issues.

We were very surprised to find out that all the customer who complained had Juan's internet, whereas clients with other providers were happy with our system and service. For example, as some of you know we do FREE Weekend Trials and last weekend we had 7 clients on trial, 3 out of which were on Juan's network. All the trails came back on Monday morning and 4 with other providers took out our subscription saying how good and stable the system was, but the other 3 said it was unwatchable.

We are open and transparent when it comes to potential issues and faults on our side, we admit to them, notify our clients and take full responsibility for it & work the fastest we can to resolve them. We're also the only IPTV provider who has an open and transparent Support Post on Facebook, where people can post any issues and complaints and we urge our potential customers to review it before they take out our subscription. Why? Because we all know there isn't a system out here 100% fault free, but what matters is how you deal with those issues and how honest you are about the service you provide. If something breaks, we fix it.

We've been pulling our hair out for the past 3 weeks, trying to fix something that wasn't broken, spent time, money and resources to stabilise our service for ex Town Hall Clients. By looking for something that wasn't there, we made changes that had a negative impact on some of our features like Catch-up, Box Sets and certain channels for all our clients, including other internet providers clients. We provided multiple Back-up channels to test our system and asked our clients for feedback, we moved our equipment and invested in a new server, all for nothing as we found out through our clients that they had been told by Juan that - ''the padpall system doesn't work and Juan will have a better solution for them very soon''.

We had 4 upset customers in our shop this week showing us the same e-mails and messages from Juan, which we are very grateful for as we would have to carry on fixing a stable and sound system. It came as a big shock to us, as we would not suspect this was the case. It made it clear that Juan is not only having issues with his own network , but also that he's not in a hurry to resolve these issues for clients as instead he's trying to convert them to his own IPTV system while holding his own clients to ransom unless they tell him they want to change supplier and then finding that their system and IPTV has improved!.

Also, we believe that us - as a TV provider and any other internet providers should work closely together when problems do happen to ensure we both provide a service for our valued customers, which they are paying for. So far, Rednet is the only provider that we have found that is proactive enough to let us know when they are experiencing any problems and also tell us when they are receiving phone calls from our clients, so we check on both ends to resolve the issues as soon as possible. That's what we call local business support and customer care.

It's a shame, that Juan never made an effort knowing he's having issues with his network to speak to us or even try to let us know. We were out seeing our clients trying to resolve their internet issues, running test, assessing PING speeds, which is not our job. We provide a stable IPTV solution and as long as your internet provider provides what you're paying for you will be able to watch it. But knowing what we know now, why would Juan make an effort?

We quite simply provide a service that is delivered over the internet. We are not the internet supplier, that's (in this scenario) Juan who can control your experience online in whichever way he chooses to.

We're extremely disappointed by this whole situation and would like to apologies to all our clients who are being held to ransom over their viewing experience by 1 person's secondary agenda and we would like to say that we will do whatever it takes to restore a stable system to where it was and carry on providing hassle free TV. In fact, major works started last week and will soon be completed, as per notification on our Facebook Support page and your TV screens. We also hope this unfair competition will stop now as we all live in one community and we could all do without this sort of competitive manipulation. It's not fair on us and it's not fair on our clients.

Please note: This is our official statement and we wish we didn't have to post this on this forum, but our hand has been forced and Juan already made few comments about our service here which we felt needed further clarification, so it's only fair that our clients hear from us to understand what is happening and how we are trying to resolve something we should not be touching. We do not wish to take part in any heated debate and always refrain from taking part in online debates, so we will not be responding to further comments. However, If you have any more questions, please call us directly on 616 112 502 or pop in store at Avenida Almanzora, Edificio Atalaya 3, Arboleas, 04660...

Kind Regards,
PadPall UK TV Almeria

You say that I did not contact you to ask if there was a problem with your system. Why have not you done the same, try to contact me to solve the problem? There are several dozens of IPTV systems (hundreds of IPTV systems?), you must understand that I can not be contacting each distributor asking if your system works or has any breakdown, since it is not us who sells IPTV system and our function is to be as neutral as possible with all IPTV systems.

We have many different IPTV systems running on our internet service, and some only work well with a specific carrier, so, what we do is, when the customer has a problem, ask the customer who is their IPTV distributor to use the carrier more appropriate to your IPTV system. This is due to the peering (interconnection capacity) between the carrier and the data center where the IPTV servers are located. If the peering is not correct, buffering will occur or the system will be unstable.

Regards,

Juan

PadPall

Dear Subscribers and Juan,

We would firstly like to say congratulations to Juan in his new business venture and hope it will be a prosperous one for him and his associates but also hope that Juan and his associates continue to conduct their business on a fair playing field.

For the past 3 weeks we've been experiencing a high rate of support calls with regards to our PADPALL IPTV system. As we treat those queries and any issues very seriously, we've been looking into our system, testing it and implementing changes in order to tackle them. We and our tech support team were left puzzled as no significant problems out of the ordinary glitch were found. We messaged our clients asking them to confirm location and their internet provider to isolate these issues.

We were very surprised to find out that all the customer who complained had Juan's internet, whereas clients with other providers were happy with our system and service. For example, as some of you know we do FREE Weekend Trials and last weekend we had 7 clients on trial, 3 out of which were on Juan's network. All the trails came back on Monday morning and 4 with other providers took out our subscription saying how good and stable the system was, but the other 3 said it was unwatchable.

We are open and transparent when it comes to potential issues and faults on our side, we admit to them, notify our clients and take full responsibility for it & work the fastest we can to resolve them. We're also the only IPTV provider who has an open and transparent Support Post on Facebook, where people can post any issues and complaints and we urge our potential customers to review it before they take out our subscription. Why? Because we all know there isn't a system out here 100% fault free, but what matters is how you deal with those issues and how honest you are about the service you provide. If something breaks, we fix it.

We've been pulling our hair out for the past 3 weeks, trying to fix something that wasn't broken, spent time, money and resources to stabilise our service for ex Town Hall Clients. By looking for something that wasn't there, we made changes that had a negative impact on some of our features like Catch-up, Box Sets and certain channels for all our clients, including other internet providers clients. We provided multiple Back-up channels to test our system and asked our clients for feedback, we moved our equipment and invested in a new server, all for nothing as we found out through our clients that they had been told by Juan that - ''the padpall system doesn't work and Juan will have a better solution for them very soon''.

We had 4 upset customers in our shop this week showing us the same e-mails and messages from Juan, which we are very grateful for as we would have to carry on fixing a stable and sound system. It came as a big shock to us, as we would not suspect this was the case. It made it clear that Juan is not only having issues with his own network , but also that he's not in a hurry to resolve these issues for clients as instead he's trying to convert them to his own IPTV system while holding his own clients to ransom unless they tell him they want to change supplier and then finding that their system and IPTV has improved!.

Also, we believe that us - as a TV provider and any other internet providers should work closely together when problems do happen to ensure we both provide a service for our valued customers, which they are paying for. So far, Rednet is the only provider that we have found that is proactive enough to let us know when they are experiencing any problems and also tell us when they are receiving phone calls from our clients, so we check on both ends to resolve the issues as soon as possible. That's what we call local business support and customer care.

It's a shame, that Juan never made an effort knowing he's having issues with his network to speak to us or even try to let us know. We were out seeing our clients trying to resolve their internet issues, running test, assessing PING speeds, which is not our job. We provide a stable IPTV solution and as long as your internet provider provides what you're paying for you will be able to watch it. But knowing what we know now, why would Juan make an effort?

We quite simply provide a service that is delivered over the internet. We are not the internet supplier, that's (in this scenario) Juan who can control your experience online in whichever way he chooses to.

We're extremely disappointed by this whole situation and would like to apologies to all our clients who are being held to ransom over their viewing experience by 1 person's secondary agenda and we would like to say that we will do whatever it takes to restore a stable system to where it was and carry on providing hassle free TV. In fact, major works started last week and will soon be completed, as per notification on our Facebook Support page and your TV screens. We also hope this unfair competition will stop now as we all live in one community and we could all do without this sort of competitive manipulation. It's not fair on us and it's not fair on our clients.

Please note: This is our official statement and we wish we didn't have to post this on this forum, but our hand has been forced and Juan already made few comments about our service here which we felt needed further clarification, so it's only fair that our clients hear from us to understand what is happening and how we are trying to resolve something we should not be touching. We do not wish to take part in any heated debate and always refrain from taking part in online debates, so we will not be responding to further comments. However, If you have any more questions, please call us directly on 616 112 502 or pop in store at Avenida Almanzora, Edificio Atalaya 3, Arboleas, 04660...

Kind Regards,
PadPall UK TV Almeria

raysun

Why not send the info direct to juan he could be out sorting out masts and visiting customers and not sitting around  reading  the forum.
not having a go at you personally but  i dont understand the need to post every query on the forum and some have been moans.
If my telephone line doesent work i contact the supplier as they are the only ones who can help me.
The people on the forum are great but they cant fix internet problems.
You will be glad to know thats my last post on the subject.
Adios

dazbear

If you read my previous posts you will see I was adding technical information to help Juan, not moaning, which he then kindly replied to on here. This turned into an open discussion.

Mobile data allows people to post when WiFi is down.

I a big advocate for Juan's service!

felipe

raysun

Would some people take juans advice and either text him or ring him or email him directly as he seems very helpful in trying to solve problems.
why moan on the forum as the members cant sort out your problems.
some people say the internet is down but yet they can post on here.
give the guy a break and talk directly to him.
happy monday !!

dazbear

Thanks Juan.

Reboot didn't work last night, but seem to have internet this morning.

jbonillom

Quote from: dazbear on December 10, 2017, 20:33:20 PM
Quote from: jbonillom on December 08, 2017, 03:20:42 AM
Quote from: dazbear on December 07, 2017, 22:44:20 PM
Generally happy with the service, so only adding to the conversation to help Juan with any problems.

We have also been experiencing more issues lately in Los Carrascos.

Download speed is down to around 7mbps.  Uploads speeds range from 0.1 to 0.5mbps. This can be an issue  as most UK TV apps (eg BBC iPlayer) use pings every 30 seconds  (upload/download response times) to determine ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) and therefore picture quality.  It's why a lot of us are getting fuzzy  pictures.

Hope this helps Juan.

Yes, there was an incorrect configuration on your antenna. It should be perfect now.

Regards,

Juan

Actually we have lost internet altogether now Juan  :03:

Any ideas?

I've seen that you turned off and turned on the antenna 10 hours ago and I see traffic, so I guess it's working.

Please, next time send me a SMS text message to my phone (no matter the time or day), if you do not have my number, send an email requesting it to:

cau@sistelalmanzora.es

Regards,

Juan

dazbear

Quote from: jbonillom on December 08, 2017, 03:20:42 AM
Generally happy with the service, so only adding to the conversation to help Juan with any problems.

Download speed is down to around 7mbps.  Uploads speeds range from 0.1 to 0.5mbps. This can be an issue  as most UK TV apps (eg BBC iPlayer) use pings every 30 seconds  (upload/download response times) to determine ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) and therefore picture quality.  It's why a lot of us are getting fuzzy  pictures.

Hope this helps Juan.

Yes, there was an incorrect configuration on your antenna. It should be perfect now.

Regards,

Juan

Actually we have lost internet altogether now Juan  :03:

Any ideas?

sparkiemike

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

Crystal2

I am more than happy with Juans system and  the service  he provides

sallyb

You have a thankless task Juan but most of us are happy with your service
Phyll

jbonillom

Download speed is down to around 7mbps.  Uploads speeds range from 0.1 to 0.5mbps. This can be an issue  as most UK TV apps (eg BBC iPlayer) use pings every 30 seconds  (upload/download response times) to determine ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) and therefore picture quality.  It's why a lot of us are getting fuzzy  pictures.

Hope this helps Juan.

Regards,

Juan

dazbear

Download speed is down to around 7mbps.  Uploads speeds range from 0.1 to 0.5mbps. This can be an issue  as most UK TV apps (eg BBC iPlayer) use pings every 30 seconds  (upload/download response times) to determine ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) and therefore picture quality.  It's why a lot of us are getting fuzzy  pictures.

Hope this helps Juan.

felipe

David S you are well out of order. It is disgraceful that you feel the need to run down a business you know nothing about. I suggest you keel those comments to yourself in future.

jbonillom

For restauration_man:

Installing a new tower is not something that is done by pressing a button, it requires a lot of money, time and effort, in addition to an electrical connection with an electric company (endesa) which in turn requires a telecommunications project (approved by the COIT to which I belong) only to install an electric meter. It has been delayed due to the fact that the exiting pipe that blows up the tower was destroyed and a new one had to be made.

Yes, we have been working for several days to put the tower of Los Carrascos online (the one you see in the image), which is just 60 meters from your house and just because of that mountain your antenna is connected to another repeater. Your house is right behind that tower. Today we have installed one of the sectors and tomorrow we will install the trunk.

Also, I'm not sure if your problem is your IPTV distributor (it's padpall?). And it's not sure that it solves your problem once we connect you to this tower. For this reason we are also deploying our IPTV system, for clients like you.Also, thanks to SISTEL now your antenna is going to connect to a tower, instead of to a lamppost as you are currently.

For David:

Sistel: the acronyms of Spanish (TELecommunication SYStems, "SIStemas de TELecomunicacion") Give judgments that something is not professional (without even knowing it), it is not very polite.

Regards,

Juan

Dave S

Sistel sound a bit "dodgy" to me. Glad they are not my provider!!!

restoration man

We are having problems in Los Carrascos and just below the tower which has been worked on this afternoon. I have texted Juan, so far no response but have read his response on forum.  However over the past 3-4 weeks he has advised that - waiting for Endesa, fixings antennas, working on base station and did even come round the other night, but still unable to fix the problem so we still have problems and have to say that prior to Sistel taking over we had very few problems but don't understand how this can be as understood Juan was just taking on the existing system from TH !! Just a thought if we don't want to wait yet again for another issue to be resolved 'by end of the month'...does anyone know what if any notice you have to give the TH to cancel ??

John n Julie

AND NOW THE SH*T WILL FLY.
Bring it on.
John
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

Optomist

Would be a god selling point of all the internet suppliers had a similar IPTV system . When the speeds went up form 6mb to 25mb locally with one company they all followed suite for obvious reasons so this might be the start of raising the basic packages .

Were more than happy with the supplier we have had for 10 years so wouldent change but like the speed increase it would be nice to have . There are to many IPTV sellers that are just re sellers , they pay an annual fee and sell on at a ridiculous mark up while they are in no position to deal with problems other than take it to who ever they get it from and hope it gets sorted .

We paid a guy £12 a year for the code on an Openbox and renewed each year and only once had a problem which was sorted within 30 minutes through emails , when that method of getting UK TV came to an end he started IPTV for £30 a year and offered to charge us £24 for every new subscriber , he said we had to do nothing other then give him the IP address of the customer or the MAC address if they were using Smart TV , we tried it on a weeks trial and it worked perfectly and there was absolutely no Buffering , many of his customers were in Spain and selling it on fo a monthly fee , We were not interested in his offer but it does show that its possible to get a good supply for a reasonable cost . We found this guy through EBay and were very lucky , mst people are not so lucky , its a question of paying your money and taking a chance , he main problem is finding a supplier thats no after a quick buck and plans on customers renewing each year and has a server that is reliable and stable , many will overload their servers or end the supply after a few months , was the same with the Openbox code method .

Were now of the opinion that a big dish from one of the established suppliers locally is the only real answer if you want to be sure of problem free viewing and back up if something goes wrong , you dont get many posts complaining of problems with a large quality dish but there seems to be a constant stream of posts with IPTV .

If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

horsey

That will put the "cat amongst the pidgeons"  :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Quote from: jbonillom on December 06, 2017, 19:38:14 PM
Sorry, I've been out all day solving a problem with a link that was degraded (despite the fact that today was a holiday in Spain), and that was affecting a significant percentage of customers. I just got here now and start answering your messages.

Regarding TV, an IPTV system is currently being implemented (available through an app for any platform, such as smart tv's, android boxes, infomir boxes (magxx), etc. and I hope to have it ready before the end of this month. I can guarantee that this system will be very robust and it will be very difficult to get buffering.The system will have no cost for customers who already have internet with us.

Of course, a client can use the IPTV system that he prefers, but it is the only way to guarantee for our part that there is a proven system that works on our side.

Also, I ask you to be a bit compressive. Sistel almanzora just two months ago that is in control of the network and obviously with two months does not give time to resolve all the deficiencies detected with the service (because no internet service is perfect and with room for improvement).

Regards,

Juan
Treat Me With The Same Dignity And Respect You Demand For Yourself And I Will Do Likewise!

jbonillom

Sorry, I've been out all day solving a problem with a link that was degraded (despite the fact that today was a holiday in Spain), and that was affecting a significant percentage of customers. I just got here now and start answering your messages.

Regarding TV, an IPTV system is currently being implemented (available through an app for any platform, such as smart tv's, android boxes, infomir boxes (magxx), etc. and I hope to have it ready before the end of this month. I can guarantee that this system will be very robust and it will be very difficult to get buffering.The system will have no cost for customers who already have internet with us.

Of course, a client can use the IPTV system that he prefers, but it is the only way to guarantee for our part that there is a proven system that works on our side.

Also, I ask you to be a bit compressive. Sistel almanzora just two months ago that is in control of the network and obviously with two months does not give time to resolve all the deficiencies detected with the service (because no internet service is perfect and with room for improvement).

Regards,

Juan

booboo

Raysun, we always text Juan first, no reply tonight and still no tv :91:

Tetley

all good in Rulador ( well apart from just watching that rees mogg git on the hi tv  news lol ie with his 50 shades of red )
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

bikermalcolm

Working perfectly in los garcias

raysun

Email juan as said many many times before. He doesent spend his days on this forum.
read rogers post a couple of days ago when he had a problem and juan came to his house a couple of hours later with a new router but roger contacted juan not the forum.
If my Telly doesent work i go back to the supplier not to the forum.
sorry but  this has been said many times before and you have already mentioned it on the post about films.
is juan not contactable as he is very efficient in dealing with any problems.

booboo

What is happening tonight! 6 time dropped out in the past hour and still no signal. Can't even do a speed test.