Area information please

Started by AJ65, December 04, 2017, 16:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

no probs,the other thing is,if your in your mid 50,s or older and buying,its best to buy nr an urban centre,ie walking distance shops,bars doctors as old age soon comes round and it can be the diffrence in gettig out and abought.

the other thing is,learn a bit of spanish as this help,s with the day to day stuff,it will also help you mix locally wich is grate.

(ive had my best times ever with the local folks ,specialy wine tasting....lol )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg7E9wEQVOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZeRWaTEYmA

https://www.youtube.com/user/uniquealmeria
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

AJ65

Tetley

Yes flies& wasps,dogs cats,wild boars,foxes snakes,scorpoins,centerpeeds.....and moaning bxggers livig the dream.

bus service....ltd,suggest chech out the ALSA  site,good bus service to Alacanti airport tho.

houses cold in winter,but sorted with a good log burner and a couple of oil filled rads

summer.....hot...very hot,fans & fly screens

winter...fantastic sunny days,log burner on a night

clean air not full of the uk shxt the factorys & motors are pumping into the air

food fresh if you wish or there is the stupermarket shop

summer water goes off....for hours/days    winter ,roads tracks flood

lifestye relaxed if yev got yer house payed,dont need to work and have 150/ 200 quid per person per week without needing to work

Arboleas
improving daily,7 quid a week council tax and yer can see were yer moneys going....unlike the pxxx take in the UK.

Houses are selling FAST  as Brits punters try and  get there EU  Enrty ticket stamped befor B Day.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Monkee

1.   No transport links, no bus services.   a car is a must.
2.  Weather is HOT in summer,  and Cold in winter.   daytime temps in winter average 10-12.       Night time  last few days - 2.   Homes are not insulated.   heating and log fire a must in the winter months.    Air con in the summer, up to 40c
3. Summer months flies and wasps a real nuisance. 

AJ65

Hi. I am new to this forum and love that there is so much information here. I have been researching for the past month on where to live in Spain and Areboleas seems to be matching a lot of our requirements. I am a little ahead of myself as it will not be until around this time next year all being well but we are hoping to come and and visit in April.
I have a few question and would be grateful for any advice for a newbie.
1. Is there transport links from Arboleas to main towns and any of the beaches?
2. The weather in winter? Obviously one of the main attractions is the sunshine and to get away from the cold UK. What is the temperature during the winter months? Someone in one of the other threads mentioned it was really windy?
3. Also on one of the other threads was the mention of flies. Is this an issue in the area.
Thank you in advance.
AJ xx