Advent calendar

Started by nibbler, December 02, 2017, 17:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickmatthews

To be fair lean white turkey meat is probably O.K. but it is the fat and skin in turkey that is dangerous to dogs. There was a lot about this in the British media last Christmas and the R.S.P.C.A.'s advise was not to feed dogs turkey. Do have a bit of experience of this, just trying to warn people.

zilnor

My Westie has an allergenic skin condition. Vet did full blood tests, result : he is allergic to beef, lamb, pork, dairy, wheat, maize, corn.
He can eat chicken, turkey, duck, venison and salmon. I wrap his daily medication in either a piece of chicken or a piece of turkey.
No probs whatsoever. I buy him grain free biscuits , either salmon and rice or turkey and rice.
My husband jokes that his dog has venison while he has egg and chips. !

mickmatthews

Shouldn't give dogs turkey either, very bad for them, loads of dogs end up at the vets after Christmas having been fed turkey.

zilnor

The doggy advent calendars are not chocolate ! They contain a small bite sized piece of doggy biscuit. My little dog loves them, and it is an addition to his daily after morning walk treat. :72:

tandas

Hope that the dog's doesn't have chocolate for it to have, poisonous!!  Needs little bonio to munch instead.  Seen in the papers that in UK now advent calendars half price!!  Including those containing more than the original cost brand new of contents.  Good buysys for next year's presents.  Looking at the chocolate collection in Iceland at Vera for the kids at the orphanage, they'll be sick if they eat that lot!!!

zilnor

Nibbler,

I have one for grandson n grand-daughter and one for my dog.  :72:

I also have  a little bottle of " Pawsecco" for him to have  with his turkey on Christmas  day !  :57:

Merry Christmas .

webejamin

We still get em for the Grandkids Nibs (well, Mrs webe does) and I religiously help eat all the chocs. :57:
Happy Christmas Nibs :08: 

nibbler

How many of you young at heart have an Advent calendar :bravo_2:
Nibbler.