Chimney Help!

Started by monchit, December 02, 2017, 05:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monchit

The tube came like a twisty type with 5 brackets, for the wall like what you describe i think twist and lock, although i cant see joins, maybe they made it complete as it came from the fabricante......

Lancashire lad

I know this sounds daft but are there not locking bands attached to each 1 metre section? or if not perhaps it maybe a twist and lock system? as a general rule each length is around 1 metre in length and a locking band is to provide structural support along with wall brackets.
To fit it you will need plenty of help and either scaffold or a couple of sets of ladders, probably best to use a rope and with 1 person on the roof whilst 2 others on the ground try and make steady. ensure you support the flue with at least 3 brackets.the vitreous off the stove should offer an adapter to fit the twin wall and best to use fire cement and or flue rope(the same stuff that fits around the door). Good Luck

monchit

I really need some advice, i have a new log burner installed, and the insulated tubing will go on the outside wall, (five metres)i went to pick up the tubing in my small toyota car,  only to find that the tubing is complete and not in individual boxes as i had thought. I cant understand why they didnt tell me it was complete, let alone understand that it will not fit in my little car!!! derrrrrrr!!! so......now it will be delivered complete, but this is gonna be an enourmous task to fit up........any ideas please really appreciated....janet