Going Crazy Over Firestick Help Needed PLEASEEEE.

Started by 2003 cobra, November 27, 2017, 15:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2003 cobra

Hi and thank you for the advice, problems solved by better downloads speed and re-loading of fire stick.

pannica

I load firesticks none of them have any buffering problems just dont use kodi
greetings highlander

guest4538

Quote from: 2003 cobra on November 27, 2017, 15:32:10 PM
Every time we try to use our fire stick it buffers from start to finish on programs and films at all times of the day, we have 20€ of internet from Sistel Almanzora,have contacted them about down/upload speeds but still the fire stick buffers any help or advice would be gratefully received, thank you.

I might have wrongly focused on the quality of your WiFi signal! The buffering could be caused by your choice of downloads or VPN: you might find this article useful - https://www.kodifiretvstick.com/fire-tv-buffering-fix/.

If a VPN is the problem you could instead try setting up a Smart DNS on your router. For example, https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/ offers a two-week free trial and, if you're happy, you can continue using it for less than $2/month! This would mean all your other home devices would also get around UK geo-restrictions. The Smart DNS does not throttle down your internet speed as do some VPNs.

Good luck.

guest4538

Every time we try to use our fire stick it buffers from start to finish on programs and films at all times of the day, we have 20€ of internet from Sistel Almanzora,have contacted them about down/upload speeds but still the fire stick buffers any help or advice would be gratefully received, thank you.

Alternatively I believe you can get an ethernet adapter and connect your Firestick by wire directly to your router, thus avoiding any WiFi problems: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Ethernet-Adaptor-Remote-models/dp/B01LXP5TXI/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1511880272&sr=1-1&keywords=ethernet+adapter.

guest4538

Quote from: 2003 cobra on November 27, 2017, 19:00:38 PM
Hi Chisme
Thank you for the info,I have had the router 1 meter from the fire stick and still it buffers.Also we have a tp wifi signal range extender and still it buffers.
The sound is also affected when watching, sounding as if the speakers are blown, which they are not as perfect when used with normal tv.

WiFi range extenders simply re-broadcast the signal they receive (warts and all) and that will inevitably be a poorer quality than the original signal from the router. Although you have reasonably fast broadband from the Town Hall, your WiFi strength is dependant upon your router or other source. The Home Plugs, which I previously referred to, broadcast a separate strong WiFi signal.

It seems you have either a faulty Firestick, a faulty router, or your WiFi extender is creating signal conflicts! I suggest first checking your Firestick with your WiFi extender disconnected.

You can check out the router's WiFi signal with other WiFi-dependant equipment such as tablets or Smartphones (but I recommend that you disconnect your WiFi range extender while doing so to avoid confusion).

You could check out your Firestick by asking a friend or neighbour to try it on their equipment.

2003 cobra

Hi Chisme

Thank you for the info,I have had the router 1 meter from the fire stick and still it buffers.Also we have a tp wifi signal range extender and still it buffers.

The sound is also affected when watching, sounding as if the speakers are blown, which they are not as perfect when used with normal tv.

guest4538

Your Firestick relies on a good WiFi connection. So, when in use, how far is your Firestick from your router or other WiFi source? If you can, measure your WiFi signal strength at your Firestick's point of use.

If your WiFi signal is a problem, you could either move your router closer or use a WiFi home plug (ie https://www.amazon.es/TP-Link-AV500-TL-WPA4220-KIT-Powerlines/dp/B00C2ICYPC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511801556&sr=8-4&keywords=tp+link) to give a good WiFi signal near your Firestick. The home plug WiFi signal is often better than the signal from some routers.

Good luck.

2003 cobra