Arboleas Internet

Started by tonychris, November 25, 2017, 19:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgin

Quote from: tonychris on November 25, 2017, 19:02:11 PM
Every time a popular program starts our internet drops to 2 mbg. We pay for 4 mpg which should be enough for live tv.Are we going to get an upgrade on the server to take the extra traffic?

If you are watching TV via the internet and do a speed test st the same time then you will not get a valid result.  You can only run a speed test when no other device is using the internet.  Moreover, if you wan to test the internet speed and not your wifi quality you need to be directly connected to your router or modem via an ethernet connection

squid

Juan came round last night and sorted out my connection to a more apropiate server from Madrid nothing was to much trouble for him to sort it out ,good man .

sallyb

Hi Juan sent it to your new one will re send
Phyll

jbonillom

Hi Sallyb,

Can you resend it? Did you send it to my old email (jbonillom@gmail.com), or to the new one (cau@sistelalmanzora.es)?

Regards,

Juan

sallyb

Juan sent an email yesterday, no reply to date.
Phyll

tonychris

Thank you Juan for your quick respose, excellent service.

eric blindell

Well done Juan.  Had a whole night of trouble free TV.  Your changes made a difference.  Many thanks. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Lynden

Quote from: raysun on November 26, 2017, 19:36:08 PM
Im really a bit p####d off at the criticism of juan on an open forum.
he seems most helpful when there is a problem and 20 euro seems a bargain for the work provided.
he runs a business not a charity so complain to his face please.
If totally unhappy get another provider.
simple!!!

Well said Raysun. Juan ALWAYS does his best to assist. Believe me €20 wouldn't get BT to answer the phone. They threaten you with a minimum £120 charge if they can't find a fault.
Remember before you criticise line speed.....disconnect all devices from your router (inc WiFi) then connect a device (laptop) directly to the router by Ethernet cable. Now do your test.
Also very valid points about very rare to have issues with Netflix, Amazon or other legal streaming services......although How legal they are outside the UK on a UK account is questionable. But at least they ensure their servers can cope with demand.

raysun

Im really a bit p####d off at the criticism of juan on an open forum.
he seems most helpful when there is a problem and 20 euro seems a bargain for the work provided.
he runs a business not a charity so complain to his face please.
If totally unhappy get another provider.
simple!!!

jbonillom

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on November 26, 2017, 18:21:01 PM
We have been contacting Juan for the past 3 weeks as our internet either drops off completely or fluctuates dramatically numerous times throughout the day. Juan doesn't seem very interested in resolving the problem without a charge involved. Absolutely crap again tonight.

Because it is necessary to basically do a new installation and maybe spend 20-30 meters of cable (0.5 eur / meter) more between 30 minutes and one hour of work. You have only been asked for 20 euros for the cost of the material and labor. You are paying 12 eur / month (VAT included), so the margins are not very high. We have to pay the installer and the cable. When we make a change of installation that involves deploying new cable, we charge 20 euros.

And the fluctuations are by the powerline. I sent you a message to stop by your house on Thursday and you told me that you would not be at home all day. So it is not true that I do not want to solve your problem. Send me a message to stay another day.

Regards,

Juan

raysun

Would it not be simpler to email juan as he always replies and sorts things out very quickly.
Seems the long way round to post on here and hope he sees it.
just a thought.

jbonillom

Quote from: jusjac on November 26, 2017, 09:17:46 AM
Hi Juan, I have a contract for 12meg, but the most I get is 7 no matter what time of day it is always between 6 - 7 meg. Can you look at this ?
Thanks

Send an email to cau@sistelalmanzora.es with your name and address. Also, if you are already registered in the system, you can create a ticket at https://www.arboleasinternet.es

Regards,

Juan

jusjac

Hi Juan, I have a contract for 12meg, but the most I get is 7 no matter what time of day it is always between 6 - 7 meg. Can you look at this ?
Thanks
There can be only one

jbonillom

Hi Eric,

I just connected your antenna to another base station and updated its firmware. It is normal for the speed to drop a bit in peak hour, since the traffic is quite higher than in the morning, but never below the contracted speed (12 Mb).

It is also important not to perform the test with the TV on because if the client, for example, has a contract of 12 Mb, the test will yield less than that, since the IPTV system can use between 2 and 6 Mb.

Regards,

Juan

eric blindell

Thanks for the info Juan I can see what you mean.  But why does our internet speed drop down below 10 megs when we should be getting 20 ? It only seems to happen at night ( presumably peak times).

jbonillom

If catchup tv does not have buffering, but live tv does, then that indicates that the IPTV server is not properly sized. Catchup TV and Live TV use exactly the same bandwidth. However, with catchup TV the IPTV server uses fewer resources since it does not have to do transcoding since the content is already encoded and stored.

It also depends a lot on the peering (interconnection). We have three different Internet connections (carriers), and some IPTV systems work well with one carrier and badly with others, regardless of the speed of the client. IPTV systems are mostly illegal (they do not have copyright rights) so they can not place their servers in the optimal data centers (ideally in Madrid), and this causes many problems for customers. In addition, most of those who sell IPTV systems are simply distributors, so they do not operate these servers and only take a percentage of the customer's quota.

In summary, when there is buffering it is for these three reasons (it can be one or both at the same time):

1.- Bad peering between the IPTV server and the client connection (carrier) (60%). Most of the time.
2.-Inadequate client connection (20%).
3.-IPTV server overload (20%).
4. Poor IPTV system design, for example, not using an adaptive video codec to adapt to network conditions.

I can only act in case 2. The big providers like youtube, netflix, HBO, amazon prime tv, etc, it is very rare that they fail in 1 and 3. We have not yet been called by a client telling us that they have problems with youtube or netflix , for example, they always work as they should.

Best regards,

Juan

Halcombe7

The buffering and freezing is more likely to be caused by the lack of adequate server capacity on the part of the programme provider than the internet bandwidth provider.

eric blindell

We pay for 20 Meg's and still it buffers and freezes during popular programmers. Thank god for catch up  :c002:

felipe

4meg is not enough for live TV at peak times. You need at least 6meg as a minimum.

tonychris

Every time a popular program starts our internet drops to 2 mbg. We pay for 4 mpg which should be enough for live tv.Are we going to get an upgrade on the server to take the extra traffic?