olives

Started by cag, November 23, 2017, 18:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Yes its a pain  to do loads of trees,but its keeping tradition alive plus its really nice on toast .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

cag

Many thankspeeps so at least it who worth picking them

Elgin

It all depends upon the oil content of your olives at the time (at the Huércal-Overa press anyway).  The take a sample of the olives and analyse them.  Over the years my olives have varied between 15% and 19% oil.  This year´s were 15.67%.

at 15% oil content 27Kg of olives should give 5 litres of oil as follows:-

27Kg olives x 15% = 4.05kg of oil

4.05 kg of oil x 1.2345 (approx) = 4.999 litres of oil

Tetley

Quote from: cag on November 23, 2017, 18:50:00 PM
Hi could anyone out there tell me approx how many kilos of olives to get 5litres of  oil many thanks

ball park  7.6kg olives to 1 litre we have just done 500kg got around 68  litres at the Arboleas press
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Cuddlybill

Hi friends of ours took their olives to the place just before Santa Maria de Nieve 31 kilos of olives gave them 7 litres of oil and cost them 4 euros to process and bottle.  Hope this helps K
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

cag

Hi could anyone out there tell me approx how many kilos of olives to get 5litres of  oil many thanks