Health insurance

Started by Dinodog, November 23, 2017, 11:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinodog

Insurance

Hello

We do health at Albox Insurance, if you want to send us an email to infoalbox.libertyseguros@gmail.com we would be more than happy to go through all the different covers available and advise you on what suits you best.

Kind regards

Popski

If you have existing medical conditions most Private Heath Insurers do not cover you. 
However if you are moving here permanently you need Private cover to get Residency.
After 1 year of Residency you can go on the Spanish Health system paying 60 euros per month each but you will still have to pay for medication.
We are 63 and 58 and paid private for a year now on Spanish health system but paying for it.  You can only use EH1C for first 3 months here.
Contact CATS in Alfoquia they will advise.

Tetley

Quote from: Dinodog on November 23, 2017, 11:55:23 AM
Hi
My wife and I are moving permanently to Arboleas from the uk in January. We are both well below retirement age.
I understand it's compulsory to buy medical insurance??
If this is the case does anyone have recommendations of a decent company .
What are the implications for us if we do not buy insurance other than having to pay for treatment.
Any help would be appreciated
Regards
Steve

Sanitas,900/ 1000e per year mid 50,s with no pre existing conditions

if you want to take out the over 90 day sheet/ register you will need PM

If not and you dont want to take out cover,you can use your e111 wile were in the EU  and or your passport number,however they may bill you for tratment and you may have to claim it back from the UK.(assuming you can ie floating between both countrys )

If you dont use an E111  they may treat you on your passport number then you wil have to sort the payments out between uk / spain, ie AE Emergancy

the above is only a guide,personally its best to pay private as this conforms to one of the residency rights on eu citizens bit in another member state,wich may assist your claim to remain in spain post brexit should you wish(ie if brits loose free movment/ EU  residency rights )

also a lot  of spanish people pay Sanitas private.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Dinodog

Hi
My wife and I are moving permanently to Arboleas from the uk in January. We are both well below retirement age.
I understand it's compulsory to buy medical insurance??
If this is the case does anyone have recommendations of a decent company .
What are the implications for us if we do not buy insurance other than having to pay for treatment.
Any help would be appreciated
Regards
Steve