AFO is in

Started by Rod, November 20, 2017, 15:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rtis

What is this AFO and what is it needed for ?

Rod

Well, we are nearly there now, getting on for 4 months. Went into the TH week before last and was told it is nearly ready, come back in on the Wednesday and it will be done. Went in on Wednesday and told come back tomorrow. Decided to wait until yesterday, Monday, to make sure.
Went into AFO office at 12 as per opening time. Girl not there, "she won't be long" we were told. Twenty minutes later after going to see Jo, she managed to rouse the girl for us. Is it ready we asked? No, we are still waiting for the Mayor to sign it, come back tomorrow. Seems the Mayor can do without our 600/700 odd euros then.

Maura

Hi Rod,
If I understand your question correctly the tasa of fee from the town hall for processing the paperwork is as quoted. There is no IVA applicable to this amount.

Eddie

you need to keep going in every week

Rod

Went into the TH on Friday after 12 ( has to be between 12 and 2pm ), had to wait as the required person was not about, then when they arrived we were  met with much amusement. Lots of shrugs of shoulders and come back in a few weeks etc. They took our registration for AFO number but we do not hold out much hope of a phone call when it is ready.

Rod

Been paying IBI since 2012 so no worries there. Only paid the Architects fee as the Council fee is not paid until the AFO is completed. Just wanted to know if this is plus IVA, Town Hall fee total is about 625 euros for house and pool.

ramblagirl

Rod I believe the amount you pay to the architect is a)his fee plus IVA and b) the tax on the value of the house as if a new build of which this amount goes to the town hall on deposit of all the AFO paperwork. Once the AFO is granted you then pay the 4 years back IBI.

footy

What is an AFO and why is it needed or is it?

Rod

Thanks Eddie. I was surprised that you only pay when it is done. I was told the cost with house and pool by the architect but is this plus IVA?

Eddie

Hi Rod.   I also did one through an architect and found that the Ayuntamiento had send a request to the architects address but with our name so it was never delivered

Rod

Thanks Maura. We did it through our architect and gave his address as the contact one. He has said he will contact us when it is through but we will do as suggested and go into the TH at the end of January.

Maura

Hi Rod,
On the numerous occasions that I have made enquiries on behalf of residents wondering about a delay in the issuing of their AFO I have found:
- A problem with the application.  They sent a letter to the address provided which did not arrive.
- The lawyer or architect acting for the resident was informed of the problem but had yet to correct it.
- The AFO was awaiting collection.
- The lawyer forgot to resubmit the revised application once the error was corrected.

The urbanismo office is open to the public on weekdays from 12.00 and the staff speak a little English so it is well worth your while sticking your head through the door to see how your AFO is getting along.

Rod

Wondering why we need to go in to check on it. Surely it is done on a sliding scale of when you put in for it?

Maura

Good advice from Eddie :)

Eddie

3 months.  Make sure you go in frequently to check on the progress.

Rod

We have today put in for the AFO certificate at Albox. All paperwork into Town Hall, cesspit done. Wondering what is the time scale at the moment to get it through?