FILM ON

Started by monchit, November 15, 2017, 13:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Haven't got a smart tv yet Phil and don't understand IPTV.

Presumably you can access all the normal UK TV Channels, but does it work via the internet, and is there a recording facility?

felipe

Iptv for me is best thing can be set up on smart tv if you have one. Pay between 100 and 170€ a year for more than you get with filmon.

patsy

Apparently they are updating the system and are waiting for the USA network to take effect worldwide.

jackbar

I found by cancelling filmon then registering again it is all back to normal and working well

byrney

Ditto Jackbar.

I have found another direct email address for filmon and have had no response.  My subscription is due tomorrow......

Let's hope this is a one-off problem as thus far I have had excellent service.

jackbar

Yes got the same problem plus now it is just giving me limited viewing time even thou I have paid and cannot get through to help line  and still can't view any recordings getting worse .

byrney

Thanks for advice Andy, but I have been totally happy with Filmon for the last few months since subscribing.

It suits my needs perfectly.

I am hopeful that this is just a temporary problem and was simply wondering if anyone else was having a similar difficulty.

oldbirchy

I have been using smart DNS proxy for a few months now and it is a good solution. I got 2 years for $25 after the free trial expired. Just wait, and you will get offered that price!
Once installed, the easy way to get BBC and ITV, live and players is through the add-ons found in the noobsandnerds repo.
You can also install the "original" player apps from BBC, itv, C4 and Channel 5. These require registration, most easily achieved by registering on your laptop. They do require a mouse or mouse pointer remote though.

Regards Andy

byrney

Is anyone else having Filmon problems today?  It is working fine but the recording facility seems to have paused.

I recorded a number of programmes last night to watch today, and whilst the recordings have been "accepted" they are not yet available to play.

I know there is sometimes a slight delay before a recording becomes available, but not this long.

Filmon support is not working either so I can't ask the question!

monchit

thanks for all the advice. film on is back, i started paying a while back, also got uktvnow on advice from oldbirchy.....works good too lots sky channels yessssss!

Talldude

Been using smartdnsproxy for over 3 years - very good service for 34 dollars for 2 years subscription.  Have lost access to BBC iplayer on one occasion, but problem swiftly sorted by their techs.

guest4538

Quote from: monchit on November 15, 2017, 13:18:00 PM
Any one know whats going on with film on, nothing available at all................got you tube only............damn........Andy??

You could get BBCiPlayer, ITV Hub, 4OD, and Demand 5 on all your equipment by setting up a Smart DNS on your router for around $2/month or less. These offer live broadcasts on all the main UK channels as well as catch-up TV. Unfortunately only the BBCiPlayer is HD quality.

Here's an example of a Smart DNS: https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/. You get a two week free trial (with nothing to pay), with subsequent ever lower priced invitations to continue with them after the trial.

monchit

Any one know whats going on with film on, nothing available at all................got you tube only............damn........Andy??