Mugabe

Started by webejamin, November 15, 2017, 08:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zilnor

No surprise there.

Don't suppose much will change.

DLMcN

Holy Moly ! >>>

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/25/robert-mugabe-payoff-family-immunity-zimbabwe-zanu-pf >

Robert Mugabe and his wife will receive a "golden handshake" worth many millions of dollars as part of a deal ... / One senior ruling party official with direct knowledge of the agreement said the total would not be less than $10m.

...... >

The 93-year-old's $150,000 salary will also be paid until his death. The 52-year-old first lady, reviled for her extravagance and greed, will then receive half that amount for the rest of her life.

Mugabe's 37-year rule left Zimbabwe with a worthless currency, massive debts, an impoverished population and an estimated unemployment rate of more than 80%. Roads are rutted, many rural communities have no electricity, education is basic and healthcare almost non-existent.....

The first couple will be able to remain in their sprawling mansion known as the Blue Roof, in Harare. The state will pay for their medical care, domestic staff, security and foreign travel.

fidgetmidget

And  the new guy takes office, multi millionaire, thanks his predecessor for everything, took office as a result of the military.  The people still have nothing and he will get richer, stand by for the next 40 years! :bravo_2:
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

345 Challenger

Hogs, their all dangerous, and if the EU are successful at undermining May's government, and forcing a general election, they will have a ready made pack of poodles to do their bidding and put the strays back in pound. And then bankrupt the country AGAIN!

zilnor

Sorry Byrney,

I was referring to Webe's last post and put your name instead !

What's that Kylie Minogue song ,
"Can't get you outta my head......"     :57:l

You're spot on about rubbish UK politicians. But it won't change in our lifetime.

byrney

I wasn't talking about Africa Liz.

I have enough to think about our own corrupt politics than to worry about other Nations.

zilnor

New President has promised to compensate those whose farms were taken in the land grab. In a country in economic meltdown, how is he going to fund it ?

Byrney could well be right. Corruption is a way of life in Africa. Suppose it is in many parts of the world, but not as bad.

345 Challenger

Your right corbyn isn't, but he's very calculating, and by far the most dangerous of the lot of them.

webejamin

Betcha the new bloke is just another Mugabe :72: All that time from the army taking over, was taken up with who paid the biggest pot to the general probably. Now he can buy a few dozen more ex council houses in Dagenham, to house some of the Zimbabwean outlaws that daren't go back :72:

zilnor

Corbyn is no better ( or worse) than the whole damn lot of them.

byrney

No animosity meant macc, but I beg to differ.

macc

Quote from: byrney on November 24, 2017, 14:41:22 PM
"I truly believe that if politicians in general stopped criticising one another over every little thing, and accepted that all parties can sometimes have good ideas, the public may have a bit more respect for them".

Liz - I have been saying this for the last 50 years -they will never learn though - all pig-ignorant and up their own a***s (all Parties, all Politicians, no exceptions).
Corbyn isn,t.

byrney

"I truly believe that if politicians in general stopped criticising one another over every little thing, and accepted that all parties can sometimes have good ideas, the public may have a bit more respect for them".

Liz - I have been saying this for the last 50 years -they will never learn though - all pig-ignorant and up their own a***s (all Parties, all Politicians, no exceptions).

zilnor

Saw a member of the opposition party on the news, being asked what she thought of the new Presiden's inauguration speech. She said " Wonderful" and carried on praising it. How refreshing to hear praise and positivity from the opposition. Politicians across the EU ( including the UK) take note.

I truly believe that if politicians in general stopped criticising one another over every little thing, and accepted that all parties can sometimes have good ideas, the public may have a bit more respect for them.  :72:

webejamin

evansnews

Didn't realise Mugabe was from Yorkshire till I read his name backwards

Lynden

I heard JP Juncker was applying........

webejamin

I reckon the army bloke wiv the biggest gun, is checkin out who's gonna pay the most into his off shore account before we'll know who's got the job. Could be Mugabe again, or his old woman, coz he's well set up innit. :72:

webejamin

Anyone know what this other bloke is all about that might be taking over from Mugabe?

webejamin

Quote from: Tetley on November 15, 2017, 13:17:38 PM
Quote from: byrney on November 15, 2017, 13:10:28 PM
Liz - maybe it's because Tet's mum lives in a Labour controlled Council - you know, the Party of the "People".......

and soon to be in No 10.... :57:

Its gonna be brill bryns,no trains,buses,public sector on strike,no lecky.....fink il put Bowie on Space odersey...........chill out a bit   :57:
And Tets, the best bit about it, Brexit will have been called off and we'll still be in the EU, skint yes, hungry yes, but in the EU :57: just like many are today :72:

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on November 15, 2017, 13:10:28 PM
Liz - maybe it's because Tet's mum lives in a Labour controlled Council - you know, the Party of the "People".......

and soon to be in No 10.... :57:

Its gonna be brill bryns,no trains,buses,public sector on strike,no lecky.....fink il put Bowie on Space odersey...........chill out a bit   :57:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

zilnor

Tets,

I 'm surprised your mum at her age, has to put her wheelie bin out. I phoned my Mum's local council and told them they would have to do it for my 87 year old mum. No probs, they did it until she went into her Care Home aged 93.
This was Eastbourne council.

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on November 15, 2017, 09:10:34 AM
Fink he's already sorted in the London pad scene Tets, probably got a dozen or more.

yer but if he gets them all rented,owt Jams,stick em all in one of his other names...   :shocked:  .he can then just work 12 hours a week meeting & greeting  and get a free pad.....mind you its not all good news....he will have to put his owne wheeli bin out.....same as mi Mam  :))

Gotti Dash im in Key West at min on Thandriode box.... :))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

Fink he's already sorted in the London pad scene Tets, probably got a dozen or more.
Mind you, he's likely to wriggle out of it, he usually does. Few bob here, few bob there :72:

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on November 15, 2017, 08:58:46 AM
Sounds like Mugabe's had his day, bout time.

Yell probably see him in yer local store Jams working as a meet/greet.....once wiv sorted him an 8 to 10 bed london pad on the housing benny,s......

webejamin

Sounds like Mugabe's had his day, bout time.