Started by Titch, April 03, 2008, 17:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knowall

New homes from hell, 2009
ITV
8pm English
9pm Spanish
Tuesday 17th March

... just in case you have nothing better to do.
8]

Chris485

Tonight ITV1 11pm (Spanish time)

Chris
Chris
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

andie

at the end of the day,property markests all over the world are undergoing a market correction.(as is bank lending /banking )

as far as our little part of spain is concearned the damage is done,and on paper everybody has lost money (if you need to sell )

as long as thair are no more demolishons you may as well look on the "glass being half full as oposed to half empty",

and you never know thay JUST may be forced to legalize every thing or face a constuction resseion for the next 20 years caused by lack of confidance in the construction industry / and politics

steve

David C

Some time ago there was a picture on the forum of the Arboleus sign with bullet holes in it suggesting that the place was akin to the wild west. How right they were. As far as property goes there appears to be no law or legal document that you can rely on and even the local Almeria regional government is happy to cock two fingers at the high court. the place is corrupt through and through and anybody believing otherwise is liable to be disappointed. Its strange how, even accepting this, I enjoy returning regularly to our villa. So it doesnt matter what value the property has just as long as it remains habitable.

David C
David C

digifidd

If the people with subsidence problems on Camposol didn't do anything wrong and it is the build at fault or where it was built, then they still have a right to be compensated and not just ignored or fobbed off.

I hope Tintin that you are able to get your money back. Unfortunately there are lots of new builds just outside of Albox that are not alright as they were built on rustic land without permissions.  These people still have a right to justice even if they are in the minority as you suggest, but as Jilguero would say "hope no one is holding their breath"!

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
- Dennis Wholey (1937-)

tintin

I currently have a house on Camposol, my second after trading up due to the doom and gloom merchants picked up a bargain. to settle everyones fears 99% of the properties there are fine, but there have been issues with subsidence on a dozen properties out of thousands, although there have also been problems with some people digging out the underbuild to increase the height and create more rooms. The boundry walls are a different matter as we live in a seismic area and most walls seem to crack, although the build quality of these were also suspect and have been built just recently with different bricks. I am still awaiting the return of my 15% deposit paid to a builder in Albox for a property they cannot build, but 90% of property in the area has no problems, its the isolated case that the media pursues for viewing figures and always will do
Mike

jill cockfield

Hope no one is holding their breath then [:(]

jilguero

digifidd

The only things that will set Europe on the road to recovery re property purchases are some decent common sense laws and a lack of corruption!

I felt so sorry for those people.

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
- Dennis Wholey (1937-)

jill cockfield

Yet another programme to set us on the road to recovery then [:(]

jilguero

digifidd

I watched the programme and it was about the Priors, plus the unfortunates who had a house built by Masa which is falling apart.  It was also about a couple who bought a French chateau, paid for it, signed all the papers and have been evicted from it as the original seller apparently had agreed to sell to it someone else and it takes precedence.  Even though the so called "new owner" hasn't paid a penny or signed any paperwork.  European property law is indeed screwy!

- Dennis Wholey (1937-)

Claire

The villas built on filled land by Masa that were subsiding as all the foundations gave way and they had the gaul to say the owners have caused all the defects!

Chris485

Sorry, you are correct. No wonder I mess up every time I try and record a programme!

Chris
Chris
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Titch

I think it is 10pm Spanish time.