<
News:
Sunday Roast anyone? Try the lovely roast dinner at the Almeria Tenpin Bowling Centre. only 6.95

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 21, 2017, 07:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Hire from Almeria  (Read 270 times)
aspguitars
phpBB New Member

Ignore
« on: November 12, 2017, 12:23:56 PM »

Hi! all. My Wife and I are coming over to Vera next April for a couple of weeks to look for a place to rent when I retire next August. I've been looking at the Car Hire on the Easyjet site and Eurocar looks a bit expensive. Can anyone recommend a good reliable Car Hire company at Almeria Airport that won't rip us off with this latest Insurance Scam. Thanks in advance.
Ade
Arboleas Community Forum
« on: November 12, 2017, 12:23:56 PM »

Lancashire lad
phpBB Senior Member

The North End

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »

Unfortunately car hire "excess" is unavoidable even when using the smaller companies, contrary to what some people say!
Best site in my opinion is Do you Spain they are a broker and offer deals from all the major companies best advice is
Choose a full to full fuel policy with unlimited mileage
Ensure you get free cancellation should you change your mind - but also because the prices do go up aswell as down - last year I cancelled my original booking twice as the price dropped by over 75 euros! very easy to do online with no penalties I simply re booked then cancelled my original booking
Photograph the car before leaving the compound and check the windscreen for chips and the number plate for cracks, ANY damage no matter how small put it down on the hire agreement and get them to sign it.
Buy an independant excess car hire insurance policy (approx 40) for the year- this simply means you can claim back from the insurer if you where to damage the car
obviously you still have to leave your credit card and pay for the damage but at least you can claim it back in most cases
If you want a stress free care hire then just buy their rip off insurance at least then you are covered from their scams.
Good Luck
Arboleas Community Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »

Gooners
phpBB Junior Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 19:50:57 PM »

We have always used Costa coches from mojacar, unbelievably quick to pick the car up, they are always waiting by the car park ticket machine, the excess is 300 euros only and back on the card it in 2 days. Cheap as well
Arboleas Community Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 19:50:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: