Galasa; rubbish on rambla....

Started by hank, November 11, 2017, 19:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raysun

Put it on the mayors facebook page, thats his communication base it seems.

1dezza2

Exactly the same thing happened in La Perla in August but nobody did anything about it after reporting it to TH.

raysun

Happy days hank.  Well done to someone.

hank

Haven't walked on this particular stretch of the Rambla for a few days and noticed tonight that the tarmac has all gone.
BRILL!!.
Big thanks to Galasa and/or anyone else involved in the removal of the waste tarmac.
Thank you. Hank.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

raysun

I know stig is in the employ of the town hall even if self employed and i also know he has to tow the town hall line. As the man said you cant bite the hand that feeds you. So no offence to you stig.
i also know that  as Hank pointed out the location of the illegal dumping is well known in this case with photos and witnesses .
that means that the Town Hall  are well aware of the identity of the culprits . As of course is the Mayor but he has lots of staff to deal with it.
will any action be taken, we will see .
if i was seen dumping iam sure i would be in a spot of bother.

hank

Moyra; the tarmac pile was still there yesterday (Thursday) evening.
Hogs; no I've not done any of the things on your list.

I've been away most of the last week and do not enjoy the benefits of a hand-held, internet-enabled, device. 
My posting was simply to vent my dismay and anger at the actions of the Galasa employees/sub contractors.
These actions were witnessed by a resident in the Calle concerned.
I assumed that the Ayuntamiento would have an 'oversee' role over works of a certain size and digging up the length of a street would seem to qualify.
Consequently, I had hoped that the Ayuntamiento would have dealt with the matter by now and either commented on this forum, or provided evidence of their concern and subsequent actions by showing a photo (on their facebook page) of an empty space where a tarmac pile used to be. Nothing yet.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

raysun

I think thats a no then moyra. How surprising!!!!!

Trucker

well as pointed out, someone offered to help by speaking to those in power...so well done Steve for letting them get on with it...as we said the other day, dont bite the hand that feeds/helps you...

guest21828

Quote from: raysun on November 13, 2017, 14:18:52 PM
Afraid so moyra, as i understand from previous posts on here that  the mayor  has some involvement with galasa and im sure also as he spends  a lot of time on the road inspecting all sorts of works and improvements that he is very aware if galasa have indeed been responsible for  dumping material as describes in the op.
i have no doubt that he will see to it that galasa remove all the rubble in no time at all.
Easy peasy.!!

Why assume that the Mayor knows who was responsible for dumping the tarmac in the rambla. The Mayor may be involved with (Galasa) providing water to the village, drainage and sewerage works but how would he know what every worker he employs is doing every minute of the day.

The tarmac was more than likely dumped in the rambla by the on site workers at the time of the work being carried out and they probably decided to dump the tarmac rather than remove as it involved less work for them. I would assume the on site workers are to blame and it is them that should be made to remove it.

Moyra

Sigh, so no answer then. Such a pity, Hank has this been cleaned up yet ??

Be nice to each other, you don't know what's round the corner.

Moyra

raysun

Afraid so moyra, as i understand from previous posts on here that  the mayor  has some involvement with galasa and im sure also as he spends  a lot of time on the road inspecting all sorts of works and improvements that he is very aware if galasa have indeed been responsible for  dumping material as describes in the op.
i have no doubt that he will see to it that galasa remove all the rubble in no time at all.
Easy peasy.!!

Moyra

Hi Raysun
As Roger was the only one (proactive councillor) to read and reply to the posts here we maybe in for a LONG wait.

raysun

Moyra, we are all waiting for the town hall to respond as mickey thinks will happen.
We shall see !!!

Moyra

Well I guess nothing will happen now.  Someone offered to help but .......

:16:

guest21828

Quote from: Mickey on November 12, 2017, 19:58:21 PM
The original post asked the town hall mayor and councillors to sort this, as you say you are self employed and not a town hall employee so please let the councillors reply and sort out the problem

As you have pointed out Mickey, the original post did ask the Town Hall, Mayor and councillors to sort this. I am self employed and not an employee of the Town Hall, so I will let the councillors reply and sort the problem because of your polite request.

Mickey

The original post asked the town hall mayor and councillors to sort this, as you say you are self employed and not a town hall employee so please let the councillors reply and sort out the problem
Mickey

guest21828

Quote from: Chisme on November 12, 2017, 09:35:41 AM
Quote from: Stig of the dump on November 12, 2017, 07:08:53 AM
I know what I'm going to do about having the tarmac removed and I will not be taking any excuses from anyone. It's totally unacceptable to dump rubbish anywhere, Galasa should know better and we don't want big companies dumping huge amounts of rubbish in our area as the situation is bad enough as it is.
I am doing this because our area deserves to be treated in a better way than as a general dumping ground by mindless individuals. I don't care if my pride for our area and the things I do trying to help keep Arboleas a tidier place to live for all us may upset some people along the way. The only people that may be offended by my actions are people that don't care about our area and dump their rubbish everywhere. It isn't difficult to keep Arboleas free from dumped rubbish, it only takes a little effort to use the street bins and recycling centre correctly, we will all benefit from the result one way or another.
I will keep everyone informed of the situation as soon as I have something worth knowing.       

Take care! I'm sure you're aware that the owners of Galasa are your employers! Galasa is owned by Almeria and its local Councils. Furthermore the Mayor of Arboleas is a Director of Galasa....

Thank you Chisme.

I am paid by the Town Hall for my work at the recycling centre but the salary is accounted for through my own business as I'm self employed. There is no need for me to make any further comments about this subject until I have found out the situation with the tarmac.

Thank you. 

Fishery

The same problem in Los Higuerales on a little used road, but  we and our neighbours use it every day. About 100 metres dug up for new pipes, then its just left with piles of rubble at the side and the road barely passable at one point. No tarmac replaced.

guest4538

Quote from: Stig of the dump on November 12, 2017, 07:08:53 AM
I know what I'm going to do about having the tarmac removed and I will not be taking any excuses from anyone. It's totally unacceptable to dump rubbish anywhere, Galasa should know better and we don't want big companies dumping huge amounts of rubbish in our area as the situation is bad enough as it is.
I am doing this because our area deserves to be treated in a better way than as a general dumping ground by mindless individuals. I don't care if my pride for our area and the things I do trying to help keep Arboleas a tidier place to live for all us may upset some people along the way. The only people that may be offended by my actions are people that don't care about our area and dump their rubbish everywhere. It isn't difficult to keep Arboleas free from dumped rubbish, it only takes a little effort to use the street bins and recycling centre correctly, we will all benefit from the result one way or another.
I will keep everyone informed of the situation as soon as I have something worth knowing.       

Take care! I'm sure you're aware that the owners of Galasa are your employers! Galasa is owned by Almeria and its local Councils. Furthermore the Mayor of Arboleas is a Director of Galasa....

freddie

Thanks For caring about our village as most of us do

guest21828

hank

Good man Steve. Appreciate you taking the time and trouble to investigate, act and report back. Thank you.

guest21828

Arboleas doesn't need any outside help from Galasa in making our area a dump, we have enough mindless individuals living here that are doing a good job as it is.

I will find out if Galasa has put the tarmac there with a plan to have it removed in the near future. If the tarmac has been left without planning to have it removed, I will find out what can be done about having it removed by Galasa and post my findings for all to see.

Oats

They did exactly the same in Albox where there was a water leak on the roadside. Dug up the tarmac. repaired the leak and left all the mess behind on the roadside. Says it all really!!!

hank

Galasa have been working for the last few days in C Manzilla, Los Garcias.
They have cut a trench the length of the Calle and dumped the tarmac and road top-surface on the rambla close to the bridge between L Carrascos and L Garcias.
What gives anyone (or organisation) the right to fly-tip like this? The rambla is a public right of way at this point. A 3 ton pile of waste tarmac cannot be simply fly-tipped on the rambla. It is completely wrong.
The work under the Calle appears to be complete as the trench has been back-filled (though not re-tarmaced) and Galasa have gone.
Perhaps Galasa will return to remove this waste. I hope so. However, would the Arboleas council Alcalde, Danny, Mike, please contact Galasa to ensure that this is the case.
Thank you.