palaces zurgena.

Started by christineoyuke, November 01, 2017, 18:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgmaywood

It has already been checked and not Bennie.

Chrissy

lesleysivo

Hi there could you please check the photo on the next missing post..Justjulie and see if it could be the dog that the lady has lost? At least then she would have an idea where to start looking, if of course it is her beloved pet. cheers

christineoyuke

Hi, no unfortunatly i have not seem him since but on the look out, no there are no hunting kennels near me that i am aware of, sadly they are often kept in old ruins and you would not even know they are there unless you heard one.
if anything new i will post , thanks

Saskia

I only meant a hunting dog would be micro chipped in a proper hunting kennels they have to be inspected by a ministry vet sadly being microchipped is not always a good thing a very friendly pointer attached itself to me while I was out walking my dogs, it was microchipped & I had to return this dog to his owner that he was obviously frightened of.  I also used to work with a rescue & I know that most dogs are not chipped but there is more chance of a hunting dog being chipped.  I presume that you haven't seen the dog again, are their any hunting kennels near you, they can be hidden miles down a rambla I dsicovered one by pure chance while out walking El Rincon way you would never have known it was there very well hidden.

christineoyuke

Hi Saskia, unfortunatly a lot of these hunting are not microchiped, but yes all dogs over the age of six months by law  are to be microchoped, but it does not all way happen i have two rescue dogs niether of them were microchiped.
one i have had since she was six months old,she is nearly ten.
and another that i  a long term foster mum she is part mastin and hunting dog the pointer type.
i have had her  since 21st of July, she was between 8-14 months no microchip, very frightened but has come out of herself a lot, there is a charity i helped at for about a year  few that are brought in were microchiped.
There is the law against abandoning dogs but people know if they are microched the so called owners can be traced.
A very dear friend of mine has rescued many a dog none microchiped.
you can see them on face book Samantha, is white dog who i had since July..
                 kind regards Christine

Saskia

Thanks for getting back & of course by now he could be anywhere.  I expect you are correct that he is a hunting dog & I sincerely hope not but possibly dumped because he is no longer useful or too old but most hunting dogs are chipped as they have to be checked by a ministry vet but even if he appears again it seems he is too nervous for you to get near but food might help.  At least you tried.

christineoyuke

Hi all, i have been back out to look for the dog with some food and water and so had a friend, but no sign of him, that part of the village is Mainly Spanish , i suspect he is a Spanish owned hunting dog or one that got lost, , you may be aware that after hunting season ends often they get dumped,  i havnt seem him around before or since , i never had my camera with me at that time as i was just getting home, he was very nervouse to get close to him, i did try to phone one charity but could not get a answer, .

Saskia

You posted on here ref this dog but you have not responded to any comments.  You say how sad about this dog but have you done anything positive to help it even if it is only a few phone calls.  How sad it will be if this dog dies from starvation when maybe it could have been helped.  I am not in Spain at the moment otherwise I would have gone looking for it.  Have you seen this dog again, have you asked in the village, have you rung any rescue organisations?

luke

Any chance you can get a photo?

Saskia

Have you contacted the rescue organisations, HAA, Apsa etc to make sure that they are aware.  Could you give him some water & food little & often not good for him to eat too much in one go.  I don't know if you can get near the dog but if you leave the food he will probably eat it.  You can cut the top off the large plastic water bottles & put a big stone in the bottom & can be used as water bowels. If the dog has a collar some one must have owned it at some time so either lost or dumped.  Someone needs to check if microchipped.

christineoyuke

just to say the chocolate  skinny pointer dog in palaces zurgena, had on a brown leather collar hope it gets rescued soon its like a bag of bones, very sad.