Information Vacuum

Started by NorrieM, October 18, 2017, 19:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trucker

Not a question on if we allowed to stay... it will be the cost of staying...cannot see the Spanish missing a opportunity in trying to get even more money from the brits... they been doing a good job for last 12 plus years...

KJH3

To get back to original post, its not in the town halls hands to assure people what the future holds. Its in the hands of the Uk Government and EU 27.
But there is nothing to worry about, we were promised during the referendum that the future outside the EU will be Milk and Honey all the way.
We dont doubt that do we?

Tetley

The thing is...the uk has self inflicted this onto its self and there is little or no patience now within the EU,

the leaving payment and 4 to 5 mill punters are the deal now and there is no way the EU  will allow its resident UK  citizens to be discriminated against or harrased with a complicated NEW " irritation dept paper chase" apart from a simple registration system ie the one they should have enforced from the outset......years ago.

the Tory party has got all on with this one and May ( probably a really nice lady ) is only still in place becauce of Corbyns new found strengh and as the Brexit Scape Goat.

Back on Subject

information Vacume     Arboleas     there isnt one    just go and see the mayor in person.

Morning Ctizens x

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Rod

Yes Tets, Grieve says it how it is, good article. Many will not want to believe what he says but for me he speaks a load of sense.

DLMcN

With regard to our fate, a lot will depend on the post-Brexit British attitude to Spanish people living and working there. If the UK government treats them well and sympathetically, then it is reasonable to expect reciprocal gestures towards us from Madrid (and Seville?) ... We would, however, suffer if Britain were to decide crash out of Europe with no deal. The ball is very much in Theresa May's court.

raysun

The loss of that amount of IBI would put a bit of a hole in his   salary plus ex.
a few years ago a lady with a very  busy bar in the village was overheard at a party saying the brits were all pigs or words to that effect.
you can pass that bar now and its empty most of the time.
be careful of what  you wish for sir.

Lorraine

Nobody knows what will happen yet. We just have to wait and see. I did have a bit of a smile when reading that the Mayor said that there will be others to fill the gap that the British will make if they have to leave. Does he not realise how many British there are? That's a wacking great hole we would leave!!.

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on October 18, 2017, 23:09:44 PM
"Two million UK citizens working abroad could become illegal immigrants overnight if Britain were to leave the European Union, former attorney general Dominic Grieve has warned."

With the stress on "working" (as opposed to retired), "could" and "former" attorney general......ie now a no-mark.

on now come Along bryns ,he should now his way around the job been a QC and Ex AG were not talking abought a part time ex PC  meet greeter at ASDA .....

as the PM  From Potugal said the deal aint done till its done .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

"Two million UK citizens working abroad could become illegal immigrants overnight if Britain were to leave the European Union, former attorney general Dominic Grieve has warned."

With the stress on "working" (as opposed to retired), "could" and "former" attorney general......ie now a no-mark.

Tetley

byrney

"Why will it be different for British  people?"

Malcolm, it won't.  Tets is just trying to wind everyone up - as he does.  Don't take the bait.

Even if his amrageddon situation came to fruition I reckon the one Policia Locale located in Arboleas would have a massive job in marching the thousands of ex-pats to the border.  Ain't gonna happen.  Don't listen to him.

Tetley

Quote from: Angieh on October 18, 2017, 22:40:39 PM
Yes it probable was, but almost fifty years ago ( time flies) things have changed😱 In the future , It may be different , who knows , but I am not convinced it will be the same as now. I hope it is , maybe a bit more red tape , ( it's not the end of the world is it ) but ........wait and see

Ditto.

Angieh

Yes it probable was, but almost fifty years ago ( time flies) things have changed😱 In the future , It may be different , who knows , but I am not convinced it will be the same as now. I hope it is , maybe a bit more red tape , ( it's not the end of the world is it ) but ........wait and see

zilnor

In 1970, a friend and I travelled across France to Callela, Costa Brava, where we worked in a hotel for four months. All we needed was our passports as POI.  This was before the UK joined the EEC. We had no problems whatsoever and were made welcome by all the French and Spanish people we met and worked with.
It was a great summer.

Malcolm

Exactly Sally. Gets what about the Swiss, Moldovans,etc. Thing is no body knows xxx all.

sallyb

We all travelled freely to Europe before the union was formed, so why should things change.
Phyll

Lynden

If your Spanish affairs are in order.....that is you have residencia, your bills and taxes are up to date, there's little you (or the TH ) can do for you at the moment.
Everyone would hope that some reciprocal agreement can be reached, but as yet nothing in place.
On balance and from what's already been said it is more likely than not that some kind of deal will be made on citizens and their right to stay.
Wether or not you have a bus will not be a factor  :57:

Tetley

Quote from: Malcolm on October 18, 2017, 21:07:00 PM
Why will I be treated differently? I've worked here pay tax I am resident I have a social security card, why should I be different to a Chinaman running a Todo shop?

because the china man got a deal with spain after the bank crash when china bought a lot of Spanish bonds up,there citizens got a deal when investing IN,same a Russian Property Investor did a few years back,ie they were gaurenteed Spanish citizens ship as long as they Invested X Amount of 100,000s of Euros into Spanish  property.

its all going to depend on the new deal,once you have LOST your current EU Citizenship IF its a hard cliff edge Brexit and they pull the EEA & Single Market free moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo_DDXhbN1U

Malcolm

Why will I be treated differently? I've worked here pay tax I am resident I have a social security card, why should I be different to a Chinaman running a Todo shop?

Tetley

Quote from: Malcolm on October 18, 2017, 19:53:10 PM
Are there no people from outside the EU happily living here and enjoying all Spain has to offer? Why will it be different for British  people?

That going to depend on existing rules for non EU Citizens in Spain if there is a Hard Brexit and individual countrys revert back to the own soverign  imigration arrangments,ie the 27 cease trying to do a deal as one  and What the New Deal is.....IF There is one....and what hoopes UK Resident Spanish Citizens have to jump through to remain in the UK Post Brexit.

one of the main things thats going to effect Brits here after talking to legalaly type folks in the big smoke,is how Resident UK Spanish citizens are tret....post exit in the UK.

its gonna be emotional campers

raysun

All mention of the bus has been banned by order in another post

Tetley

Quote from: Neanderthal on October 18, 2017, 19:40:30 PM
While encouraging noises of moral support would be naturally be welcome, I doubt whether it is within a local councilĀ“s remit to exercise much influence on a question of this magnitude.

ditto.

Mrs May in charge of the Arboleas  Brit punters Feture  now LOL  (assisted by Davis,Redwood,Bunkem Smith,Goldi Locks,gove ,Doc Fox , and Farrage in the back end of the pantomine Red Bus/ horse   :great: )

Malcolm

Are there no people from outside the EU happily living here and enjoying all Spain has to offer? Why will it be different for British  people?

Neanderthal

While encouraging noises of moral support would be naturally be welcome, I doubt whether it is within a local councilĀ“s remit to exercise much influence on a question of this magnitude.

raysun

Norrie, be assured the th spokesman will be along in jigtime to answer your query.
Maybe!!!

NorrieM

There is a deafening silence from the Arboleas Town Hall about their stance on what happens to UK Citizens resident in Arboleas post Brexit.  The most anyone can glean from the mayor's comments is that if the Brits leave, others will fill the gap.  Is that the amount of support Brits in Arboleas is going to get?  Are you simply a disposable commodity?  Acow that has been milked and can now be sent to the knackers yard? Further silence might even impact on the next election. Brit councillors, speak up, please!

Would someone in the Ayuntamiento - British or Spanish - come forward and tell you what the local administration is going to do to preserve your right to remain here as a resident?