widfires

Started by raysun, October 16, 2017, 20:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reggiespotter

I was recently in Washington state, USA, where the sunset was a deep red colour as a result of the smoke from the wildfires in British Columbia. The air quality was also dreadful - like central London on a summer's day!
Reggie

webejamin

Been out in the garden and everything is covered in a very fine powder, I assume it's ash, same with the cars. We had the same thing with the sun for a while today, although it was a bit brighter for a while.

casablanca

Quote from: raysun on October 16, 2017, 21:36:28 PM
You are quite right webejain   just saw pic of london sky. Yellow from spanish fires and sahara dust.
Strange weather patterns.

It was also seen in North Staffs/South Cheshire area, very unusual occurrence.

webejamin

It was strange though, it was lovely sunshine and unusually warm. We were sitting in the garden and not a cloud in the sky, then suddenly it turned chilly and I could look at the sun which was just a red ball. Then it got very windy and dark, black as Newgate's knocker, but no rain.
Hope it's gone tomorrow.

raysun

You are quite right webejain   just saw pic of london sky. Yellow from spanish fires and sahara dust.
Strange weather patterns.

raysun

I think that may be the remnants of the hurricane that passed through ireland today. Video of the sky there was amazing.yellow and red and purple sky.

webejamin

On the news today, they reckon the red sky over the UK is partly caused by ash and debris from those fires. It actually made the sun turn red today and everything had a pink tinge about it. Mmmmm quite nice really :57:
But on a serious note, a dreadful loss of life.

raysun

Terrible loss of life in northern spain and portugal  from wildfires probably started deliberately.
everything is so dry  its so important to be careful with bbq  and other fires.