Time for relaxation!

Started by zilnor, October 15, 2017, 16:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zilnor

Nibbler,
That's just what my man says ! It is known as being diplomatic when wifey says to hubby " Do I look fat in this ? "  :72:

Raysun  :57: :57:

Hogs  :clap:

Steak and kidney pie for supper.  :098:

Tetley

Quote from: raysun on October 17, 2017, 11:52:07 AM
Very nice hogs  . The girls that is not the remoaner !!! The brexiteers have red hotpants but at the moment im afraid they have fallen down badly  so i cant  post a pic. (Censured  )

They wont have any pants at all Soon....once  Merkell & Junkers has of off em..... :))

fish & chips for tea   :great:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

raysun

Very nice hogs  . The girls that is not the remoaner !!! The brexiteers have red hotpants but at the moment im afraid they have fallen down badly  so i cant  post a pic. (Censured  )

raysun

Zilnor in hot pants!! Bet that was a sight for sore eyes.  If you could post a pic it would cheer up us grumpy old boys.

webejamin

Oh Yeah Tets "Hot Pants" I used to look a right picture in em, struttin down the pub on Friday night :57:

Lynden

My Gran used to give us bread and dripping with salt on it. What a treat nibbler

nibbler

Hogs, of course they're Spanish crisps, they are like English crisps used to be in the UK. As for bread and dripping, I preferred toast, done in front of the fire then covered with so much that it soaked right through, then a bit of salt. and that was my breakfast. :72:
Liz, you may not have the waist you once had, you're just more cuddly now. :kiss:
Nibbler.

zilnor

Tets,

I could wear  hot pants way back in the 60s. But I was somewhat slimmer than I am now, and I used to have a waist !
Oh happy days   :grin: :grin:

zilnor

Tets,

Kids walked everywhere in the good old days ! Played outside for hours.  Not stuck in front othe telly or computer games.
Did'nt get lifts everywhere in the car ( what car ? )

People did not walk around with a burger in one hand, can of cheap fizzy liquid crap in the other.

Kids did not have endless bags of sweets etc. No wonder very young children have fillings these days.

It is all about self -control, and parental responsibility.

Nibbler,
I don't have much of a sweet tooth so sugar sandwiches were not a favourite with me. My brother and sister liked them.

Webe,

Bread and dripping, yes please !  :72:

Another of my favourites , Toad in the Hole. My Scottish granny used to make the best Yorkshire pud  ever .

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on October 16, 2017, 23:22:39 PM
Dare I mention bread and dripping :32:

corse yer can jams,that was in the 60,s when it was all very bad for yer....but we never had the" corprate supermarket" factory fed weekly Obesity shop we have today.....LOL .

Any way,as long as yer washed it down with a couple of pints of hand pulled bitter yel be fine   :57:

anybody rember Hot Pants ?    :))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

Dare I mention bread and dripping :32:

nibbler

Liz, I'm loathe to mention the sugar sandwiches, thick home made  butter on thick bread with sugar sprinkled all over.
Can you imagine the kids of today eating them. Happy days.
Nibbler :88:

zilnor

Crisp sandwiches. Ooh ! Nibbler, I have enjoyed them  for sixty or more years, along with doorstep chip sarnies !

Problem is that I could eat dozens of them years ago without putting on weight. But now if I eat eight chips with steak or fish , on it piles ! Life's a bitch !  :72:

nibbler

I also enjoy crisp sandwiches. yummy!!
Nibbler :bravo_2:

zilnor

My favourite tapas :

Patatas bravas, albondigas, piri piri prawns, boquerones, Russian salad ( forgotten the Spanish for this other than ensalada Russe)

marinated tomatoes, peppers and onions ( forgotten the name ! )

Delicioso !

Regular nut 🥜

We had lamb moussaka home made with a nice salad, and home baked rolls, followed by carrot cake also home made and custard , with a siglo 2006 rioja. Then I lay down on the sofa and watched the new film The mummy. While the dish washer did the rest.

JessicaH

Because once retired everyday is Sunday on a dull, grey cold winters day in Spain ( and we get our fair share of those) gI will often cook a roast. 
Roast a whole side of pancetta ( pork belly) and you will experience the most incredible cracking....and masses of it.
Even hanker after Brit cooked fish and chips on the odd occasion.
My favourite tapas is magras con tomate or for breakfast tostado con tomate. Like the ensaladas pescud as well and my
favourite meals here are dishes with solomillo de cerdo and mejilla buey. Neither cuts of meat were known to me in UK.

So what tapas delights do you like ?

doreen1

For lunch we had mussels and for dinner roast chicken and roasted Mediterranean vegetables.😍

zilnor

Can't beat proper tapas when in Spain.  :72:

lmj52

Quote from: Dinodog on October 16, 2017, 14:14:26 PM
Can't help but notice that most but not all list roasts and English puds as being on the menus. Is there nobody theat enjoys and cooks Spanish food . After all we are in Spain..........

Hi, this was our last Sunday meal in Wales. From next week our meals will be different no doubt.A lot of the posts were from people living in England though. When in Spain only once had a "traditional" Sunday roast. Weather permitting we will have a varied choice on the coast.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Dinodog

Can't help but notice that most but not all list roasts and English puds as being on the menus. Is there nobody theat enjoys and cooks Spanish food . After all we are in Spain..........

Lorraine

We had fajitas with all the trimmings. and like KJH3 I hope we never have to return to the land of the Sunday roast.

webejamin

Chicken salad sandwich for lunch, then watch a game of football. :72: Cannelloni and a bottle of shiraz for tonight :great:

hartcjhart

A wonderfull piece of scotch beff roast with all the trimmings,well rude not to as I am in Scotland working,but looking forward to getting to Spain in December for some tapas and white rioja

zilnor

Nosun,

My step-daughter makes an excellent chicken and ham pie.  :72: Home made pies, delicious.

Byrney,

Can't beat a tapas lunch when in Spain.  :72:

byrney

Tapas x Tapas and a nice glass of red at Bar Amanzor.

Preceeded by a couple of games of snooker on the Playa (sea looked wonderful) and a couple of games of pool at the Cactus Bar.

My idea of a wonderful Sunday (when there is no local football to watch of course!).

Altair

Quote from: nibbler on October 15, 2017, 19:21:36 PM
Fish Finger sandwiches.XXX
Nibbler :72:

Had forgotten the delights of a fish finger sandwich  :08
Think I am going to have to go shopping tomorrow
Truth is warped as it passes from the mouth of one to the ear of another

zilnor

Imj52
Bon voyage.  :039:

Great replies people.
We certainly all know how to eat well, including Nibbler's fish finger sandwiches.  :72:
And we also enjoy a glass or two !

Mi marido es un hombre bueno !   :72:

lmj52

Well this is our last Sunday in Wales so had a treat. Sea food platter, shared starter. Lamb dinner from local farm. Will miss the Welsh lamb Zilnor.
This time next week will be on the ferry.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

345 Challenger

Roast chicken, roast spud, peas, carrots, swede, Yorkshire pudding, home made gravy. Lemon meringue pie to follow

nibbler

raysun

Everyone should have a well trained marido.  Now  then where did i put mine ?? 

JessicaH

As long as you avoid diving in the pool, raysun, IMHO nothing nicer than a good Rioja ( Chianti.!!..r u Spain ) ? Whilst enjoying BBQ'd pancetta, green peppers and fabulous pan fried sauté pots, as only mi marido can cook them.
Now after an enjoyable day gardening its feet up watching a golden oldie on ch.343.

zilnor

Good replies.

Steak, humus, yoghurt, blueberries. Lemon tea.
Tapas, aiol,  crusty bread, beer.
Beef, pork, vegs, and Chianti.
Chicken and salad.

We should count our blessings each and every one of us.

Tets, please don't bring politics into a lighthearted thread.

raysun

Priceless,  zilnor asks  what did you have for lunch and  we have replies about brexit.
come on guys its sunday,   hymns of praise are on in a minute.
i had beef and pork with veg and potatoes.
Please dont tell jessicah but i also had a bottle of chianti classico reserva and im much happier for it.
luego