Electric bills

Started by Onagap, October 14, 2017, 14:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgin

Quote from: GINGER NUT on October 17, 2017, 15:48:05 PM
How many get their bill monthly, we do, was two month then went to one month then back to 2 now one again, really do not think they know what they are doing, now I have found out that I have a new smart meter but it is read by the Man on the 28th every month.

Have had 2 monthly bills since the beginning of 2014.

Our digital meter was physically read for some time before they switched on the remote reading.

Onagap

thank you sandralos for the phone number all sorted

Regular nut 🥜

How many get their bill monthly, we do, was two month then went to one month then back to 2 now one again, really do not think they know what they are doing, now I have found out that I have a new smart meter but it is read by the Man on the 28th every month.

Elgin

Quote from: Onagap on October 14, 2017, 14:20:37 PM
Hi
Does any one know where the nearest Endessa office to Albox is so we can go to query our last bill. Removed our old meter for digital, one of the last I would think then we receive a bill for 47 days which is 70 euros higher than we have ever paid before for the full 2 months Received a further bill today for the 15 days missing. Cant obviously check the reading as meter is gone.
We also what to change our KW
Thanks

To go back to the original post

1) Cant check the readings as meter gone.  Ever since we arrived here (8 years ago) I have checked my meter (nearly) every month this is something I recommend everybody does because even the new digital meters go wrong sometimes.

2) The bill for 47 days was higher than for the usual 2 months (60/61 days).  If your old meter was physically read each month then this would sound a bit odd.  Check the level of consumption on the 47 day bill against the previous bills if it is a lot more then it might be worth questioning.  However, if the previous reading (s) were estimated (not supposed to be but there may be some now) then this could all just be down to previous under estimation (I refer back to point 1 - check your meter regularly).

3)  The current pricing system for those who have not signed up for a contract with Endesa (or other company) is difficult to follow.  Once a digital meter is install and can be read remotely then the price is set by the Red Electrica de España (REE) and varies from hour to hour and day to day (see https://www.esios.ree.es/es/pvpc).  Today the price will vary from about 11c per kWh to 13.3c per kWh.  However, earlier this year people were paying up to 18c per kWh.  For those still on old meters then the REE works out an "average" price based on the variable prices and average usage.  The variable prices for each days electricity are supposed to be posted at 08.15 in the morning but if you don't want to have to check the price every day but want to know what the price is going to be for the foreseeable future you need to sign up for a contract (e.g. Tarifa One Luz).

4) If you sign up for "Mi Endessa" you can check you bills and daily and hourly consumption on line.  You can also "chat" online without having to drive down to Vera or pay for an expensive phone call

Regular nut 🥜

It was one meter for the day and one for the night, if I can find an old bill I will upload it if I can and show what I mean.
It was two separate meters and two tariffs one for night one for day.

Rtis

We have had the "smart meter" for about 18 months and found it slightly cheaper, still on the same tariffs, when we were on the "normal meter" we never had 2 standing charges and 2 separate boxes,and this is from 19 years ago,why GINGER NUT was yours different ? Also if you cannot see the wheel going round, just a digital display then you have a " smart meter" !

Rod

Yes, smart meter. You can log on to Endesa's website and check how much you use day by day and low and high rates use.

sandralos

There number is 800 760 150.   You will need numero de contador when you ring.

Regular nut 🥜

I had the economy night tariff years ago was no cheaper as had to pay two standing charges as I had two separate boxes and the hours were stupid 12 am to 8am so changed to normal tariff cost nothing to do, but I believe it now cost to change to the cheaper rate and you need a new metal box. This is only what I have heard.i have a new meter in but no idea if it's a smart one or not, not smart as far as I am concerned as it still sends me a bill. Every month, that's another thing, talking to others some get the bill every month some every two months seems odd, they clearly do not know what they are doing.

Oats

Quote from: Rod on October 16, 2017, 08:15:34 AM
We upgraded to one luz in April and best thing we have done, saved loads of money. Time for low rate is 11pm to 1pm and then when the clocks go back it is 10pm to 12 noon.

Hi Rod, is that with a Smart Meter? We had that system before with our dual meter but not sure that will apply now.

Rod

We upgraded to one luz in April and best thing we have done, saved loads of money. Time for low rate is 11pm to 1pm and then when the clocks go back it is 10pm to 12 noon.

Oats

Is anyone monitoring their electricity prices if they have a Smart meter? We were lucky enough to have a dual meter before but we have now been 'upgraded' to a Smart Meter. It would be nice to know when it's a good time to using the washing/iron etc - if there is a good time!!!!

restoration man

'Give them a call' - does anyone have the number. There is an office in Vera, located on the right, on the stretch of road from bull ring/Iceland roundabout  toward Vera Diesel. Take a ticket and wait...

Dylanthomas2014

PandL

Quote from: Dylanthomas2014 on October 15, 2017, 11:53:05 AM
His there an upfront charge to change the potencia excuse my spelling or is it just the extra charges per unit thanks
Yes, haven't done it myself but this link seems to cover it:
https://www.endesaclientes.com/change-power

Dylanthomas2014

His there an upfront charge to change the potencia excuse my spelling or is it just the extra charges per unit thanks

Essex Girl

Are you registered for "Endesa Online"?  If you are, you can speak to them on live chat. I have done this several times when I have queried my bill and they have changed the tariff for me.  I have always found them very helpful. 
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Nuflow

If you haven't already, it may be worth checking your meter box as we found a slip of paper in the bottom of ours with the old meter reading on it for info.  🙂

patsy

Hi there is an Endessa office in Vera straight over the roundabout up on right passed the Dia supermarket on your left it has a blue sign saying Endessa.

Onagap

Thanks for the replies, have tried calling Endsea many times never seem to get connected to an English speaker even after holding for some times as long as 15 mins, wanted another office apart from Olula as have found them not to be very helpful when we have been there previously.

mel20

There used to be an office in Olula del Rio ...don't know if its still open

sandralos

Give them a ring, ask for an English speaker.

Onagap

Hi
Does any one know where the nearest Endessa office to Albox is so we can go to query our last bill. Removed our old meter for digital, one of the last I would think then we receive a bill for 47 days which is 70 euros higher than we have ever paid before for the full 2 months Received a further bill today for the 15 days missing. Cant obviously check the reading as meter is gone.
We also what to change our KW
Thanks