la Cena.

Started by shadeseeker, October 12, 2017, 13:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobL

See this thread has descended into negative territory.
I think when I report specific post meal enteritis and am vilified that is sufficient indication of Customer Care. If I gad been in UK (& YES I know I,m.not- thank the Lord)-'I would have taken a stool specimen to the local Public Health

Whites

As a man once said, your never going to please everyone, especially when they keep referring back several months.
I don't normally get involved in this kind of stuff, but there does seem to be a bit of a witch hunt every time this subject comes up. How the link started with bookings cancelled at the last minute is unacceptable and totally agree with the comments.
My experience in the Recent few months of the restaurant are good and wouldn't esitate going back.

raysun

Dont think anyone is trying to ruin anyones business. I have sung the praise for the azabache hotel, the hostal maison  , the pool bar and many other places and the spanish waiter and the food  and the prices  in la cena and no one said i shouldent so why can we not comment on bad experience as per my previous post  and the opening poster.
As a man once said  business is business.  You may not like your customers  but you have to pretend that you do.
i think thats my lot on this subject.
luego.

mickmatthews

Not trying to ruin a business, we have always praised them when others have knocked them, know we know first hand why. We booked up over 4 weeks in advance to celebrate a birthday, having asked if they were open on the 12th as it was a red day. What a disappointment to be told, with only 5 hours notice, that they were closed because all the shops were closed and they could not get any food in. Rubbish, yes Mercadona were closed where they do their shopping, but Lidl, Dia and Coviran were all open. Customer relations zero. Never mind we were able to book, at very short notice, another well known restaurant. A great night, beautiful food, extensive menu, wonderful hosts and service and not that we were worried, cheaper than La Cena. Will always use them instead in the future.

Karen4

Quote from: raysun on October 13, 2017, 19:12:14 PM
Agree karen , the spanish waiter is very nice and good at his job and he has a personality.
Doesent help the opening poster and others who were left in the lurch.
Try the bella vista sometime,   same style  tablecloths and similar food  and also including professional caring management.!!!
there is no I   in  the team there and no prima donnas
We go to the Bellavista often, love it there, great family who also have the Torre Bahia round the corner.
Cl3880

shadeseeker

I started this thread and I have always enjoyed the food there. My BIG GRIPE this morning was that I had family over from UK and booked over 8 weeks ago, I received a phone call 5 hours before our booking time to be told that they had to cancel as problem getting the food.
This is unacceptable.
They knew they were going on holiday and should either not accepted bookings at all or made arrangements for someone to do the shopping for them.
So NO, I am not out to ruin anyones business just laying out the facts as they were presented to me.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

languagesolutions

Quote from: byrney on October 13, 2017, 19:09:31 PM
I really don't get it.

La Cena has had probably more negative posts on this Forum than any other restaurant in the area.

To be honest, I can't think that it is as a result of competitors trying to run them down, because to be honest they don't have any.  They have their own niche market.

From my perspective, we have been going there for many years and have never had cause for complaint.

The food has always been good, the ambience is excellent, the price is good, and the service has always been fine.

Now,  The main problem appears to be with the owner.  We have never had a problem with her, but, then, we come from the North of England and despite being from the other side of the Pennines, I "get" Scousers.  They are a breed of their own and if you take the time to befriend them they are not actually as scary as they might be on first impression.

Again, never had a complaint and will continue to go there.

It seems to me like that's what a lot of people on this forum do: negative comments to try and ruin businesses. It's not at all nice.

I base my opinion on real-life; every time I pass by, it's full and you always have to book.

Been a few times, not a place I'd go to often, but the food was good, price was excellent, young Spanish waiter Salas (must be one of the most hard-working Spanish lads in the area, chapeau) phenomenal ✌️

raysun

Agree karen , the spanish waiter is very nice and good at his job and he has a personality.
Doesent help the opening poster and others who were left in the lurch.
Try the bella vista sometime,   same style  tablecloths and similar food  and also including professional caring management.!!!
there is no I   in  the team there and no prima donnas

byrney

I really don't get it.

La Cena has had probably more negative posts on this Forum than any other restaurant in the area.

To be honest, I can't think that it is as a result of competitors trying to run them down, because to be honest they don't have any.  They have their own niche market.

From my perspective, we have been going there for many years and have never had cause for complaint.

The food has always been good, the ambience is excellent, the price is good, and the service has always been fine.

Now,  The main problem appears to be with the owner.  We have never had a problem with her, but, then, we come from the North of England and despite being from the other side of the Pennines, I "get" Scousers.  They are a breed of their own and if you take the time to befriend them they are not actually as scary as they might be on first impression.

Again, never had a complaint and will continue to go there.

Karen4

Last time we were there we were served by a young Spanish chap who we happen to know. Very friendly and pleasant service. The food was lovely and was excellent value. It is great to have somewhere to eat where there are proper table linens and good food.
Cl3880

raysun

As said many times tets. Food is excellent and tables and decor first class and prices are very good.
as for northern charm from   him and ella jefe  i have not seen that kind of CHARM in any restaurant or cafe in liverpool.
thankfully!!

Tetley

Ive been twice and luved it,

the food was spot on for the price charged ,and the venue is well set out & nice surroundings

i also thought the Lady host had "Northern Charm " wich having worked with 600 ladys of"Northan Charm " in the past and  been a Northan type person my self just added to the ambiance for me .

also bear in mind fish chips in the uk is 8 quid for a nice peice of Haddock and i think the restraunt charges abought 14e per person so its really good value.

(i can understand people been miffed tho if they have had there gigg cancealled last minute )
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

christopheroldfield

sherbert

Really cannot understand  why anyone goes to this restruant The service comes with the worst attitude going, Ok the food is good, but Mrs Liverpool I own this restaurant is incomprehensible.
Attitude ' Top Class'
If you want a night out with reasonable food and total humiliation from the maitre d.
Go to Lacena  a night to remember

raysun

We booked for 7pm some months ago as we were going on to a show. We got there at 6.55 and when we got to the door the owner/chef came out and said they didnt open until 7.  I asked politely as i had ladies with me if we could sit and wait in the bar area but no that was not possible. I would have legged it elsewhere and given him a lesson in customer care but with ladies in tow we sat in the car for 5 minutes. When we went back in the wife said table wasnt ready  even though there was no one else there but we could have a drink as we waited. Nice money earning scam.
the food was good but the night was spoiled. 
Obviously the owners were missing the day they held the customer care course.
but Hey ho   there are lots of places to est.

BobL

We stopped going not just due to the rudeness of the hostess/ wife but the unchanging boring menu. We went for one Xmas & it was pathetic and last time 2 of our party who had ice cream had the raging trots. When I reported this I was vilified by the hostess. If they were in Mojacar they would be empty. It was also like a sauna in Summer.
Ghastly place.
Bob

christopheroldfield

Cant go shopping rubbish !! Lidl, Coviran and Dia were open this morning. POOR SHOW !!

landrock

Food and ambience ok, lovely tablecloths, but those pesky customers.
Don't bother.

mickmatthews

Ditto, we were booked in at 7:00 for a birthday party. Fortunately managed to book elsewhere at short notice, so will go there in future. Their loss someone else's gain.    :38:

raysun

That unfortunately is the way they operate and treat their customers. I thought they were on holiday as per posts on here last week.
hotel azabache  or one of the many others will fit you in.
its a terrible way to be treated.  Good luck with alternative.

shadeseeker

Really pixxed off, booked La Cena 8 weeks ago to be sure as had family coming out and in the past they were always fully booked.
Got a phone call 20 mins ago to say they were cancelling as can't get shopping done.
THE BOOKING WAS FOR TODAY AT 7.30 PM
DISGRACEFUL, WILL NOT BE BOOKING AGAIN.
:c002: :91:
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)