LOCAL DEMOCRACY, SPANISH STYLE

Started by Roger, October 12, 2017, 11:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

lets not get to reved up electronic media is  only internet key tapped bxllocks,its never gonna change the world.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Lynden

Toy why not come out for a drink and introduce yourself properly. I'd be happy to call you you a cowardly arse to your face...

Tetley

8  posts and 2 Ignores already........thats class well done   :13:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

felipe

Nope just repeating what others have said. Easy to call people names and liars when hiding.

toy

I will not hide, I use a nickname as many.
Why so much interest in me?
The difference: you are moderator.

:57:

felipe

Difference is everyone knows me. No one knows whom you are because you hide.

toy

Felipe, thanks for the coward. Should the moderator do meet the standards accepted by all? Do it.   :88:

felipe

Difficult to sue people that hide behind pseudonyms and scared to tell members their real name. Which is why they call people liars. Cowardly.

toy

It's true, it's time to sue. Too many insults in a discussion forum.

NorrieM

If somebody is calling you a liar, Roger, it is time to sue the shorts of them.  Been here five minutes and know it all, some folks.  Let the ink dry on your NIE before mouthing off, please.

olly

Blimey Daniel!
Your Spanish is O.K. but your English seems to have gone to pot.
Your spelling, and your placement of commas, full stops and such, seems to be a bit awry!
Just an observation.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

D.daniel

Roger, estamos actualizando la pagina web del Ayuntamiento, en ella se colgaran todas las actas de las Juntas de Gobierno y Plenos donde usted ha votado en favor a todo, lo que hoy dice no conoces.
le recuerdo, que las providencias y decretos de Alcaldia se dan a conocer a todos los concejales EQUIPO de gobierno como a la oposicion en los plenos, y es su obligacion haberlo leido.

Roger, in the last few days we have been updating the official website of the Ayuntamiento, on it will be put all the acts, minutes of the Juntas de gobierno ie council meetings and Plenos, Full council meetings, where YOU VOTED IN FAVOUR of everything and that you say today that you dont know about.
I would like to remind you that the ordinances and decrees of the Mayor are made known to all the councillors ie Goverment TEAM, as well as the oposicion in the Plenos ie Full council meetings and is thier Obligation to read them as it was yours.

palminspain

The whole population of Arboleas should be proud Roger's work during all these years. He was a very important member of the town hall team. All this is disconcerting. The silence of the council in this forum about some issues does not help.

But, I can't believe that Roger hasn't an agenda....

Link - https://ibb.co/bwRRwG

Roger

I published this information because I think that people have a right to know how decisions are made on their behalf, including how their money is spent.

If some new members on this forum choose to call me a liar, with the presumed protection of anonymity, without specifying what I am lying about, that says a lot about them.

On the subject of money, I have no problem in people knowing because it is public money.
During the 6 years as a Deputy Mayor I received 95 euros per week after tax.
Because of my personal circumstances (as many will know my wife is disabled) for most of this time I have paid 35 euros per week to a cleaner because I have not had the time to do housework after all the hours spent on Town Hall work.

The interesting point to me is that the attacks on me which this article provoked seem to be in order to cloud the real issue about democratic decisions.

As for why I stayed for so long, it was mainly to see the approval of Innovation 14.
Also for the first 5 years we were still helping many people with their housing problems.

The reason I finally left (or was sacked after a kangaroo court to which I was not invited) is, as I have stated previously, because the Mayor took a unilateral decision to evict the Computer workshop and the gymnastics (both issues which I had a personal involvement in establishing) without any prior information or discussion with the other Councillors.

This was to me the final straw.

It is difficult to walk away quickly after 10 years involvement in local politics, because for many people I am their only point of contact, particularly those house owners who do not live in Arboleas.
So it is taking time to detach.
I am continuing to work with the around 40 Promar clients who are still waiting to have their houses made urban, because I am a signatory to the 3 escrow accounts, and at their insistence they want me to continue.
I will continue to publish information on my web site (arboleaslive.com) about issues which I think are of general interest, such as the huge hike in water charges (around 50% when we were told it had been limited to 18%).
Other than that you will not hear from me again.

raysun

I will not be posting again on this subject as its  all got too heated.

toy

Thanks for the insults!!

:bravo_2:

:kiss:

Amanda Oakley

Politics all over !!!!

Clear cut newbies attacking from the local front !!!!! I get tired looking at posts that are so heated but the writers do not have the "balls" to show their true ID......

Roger has had the courage to speak out on his opinions and clearly cares about the local community
We have no direct relationship but I admire the way he has put his view across over the last couple of months which has clearly led to a stand off.....
I do feel that a number of subjects have become personal but think that this has arisen due to a passion and conviction for transparency which if we stop kidding ourselves, clearly lacks in ALL of the local Town Halls......

We are in the main, "token" visitors to this area and will not really know what goes on unless fluent in Spanish, and understand the real politics !!!!
These are little towns, with little mayors who are now, having their "domains" challenged !!!!
May be good, may be bad ..............

IMOH if you are going to throw stones, be honest and live in a glass house !!!!!!!!!!
:03:

Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

raysun

Quite right norrie and nibbler, i shouldent reply to them but i dont like to see anyone called a liar by a semi illiterate with a poor command of the english language hiding behind a keyboard  .
I suppose  when ignorance is bliss its folly  to be wise.
by the time toy works out what that means  i should have had a  few hours sleep.

NorrieM

Of course you can speak - but remember it is better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it! :NIGHT_1:

toy

Prohibited to speak?

LOCAL DEMOCRACY, SPANISH STYLE?

:sign0144:

nibbler

Ignore them Raysun, they may have new names but as the past has shown us they are ex embittered members that can only stir.
Nibbler.

toy

My God, I thought I'd improved my English. I'm sorry, I keep my opinion, I hope I understand.

Roger says that in the councils of government was all decided by the mayor, why not stop attending them?

Ah! maybe because if he was 6 years for 12 months for 600 euros per month has claimed more than 40,000 euros in these years, approximate numbers.

I am not an accountant.

:hee20hee20hee:

raysun

Another one of new posters.  Well done guys.  Keep it up you will have a quorum  soon.
Look it up !!

peace

What is Roger's agenda?
Noise and half truths...

raysun

Nice first post toy. To call a man a liar is open to libel. I wont comment further on this disgusting post as i am looking up the meaning of the word pratt in the dictionary
all first posters recently have the same agenda
adios  adios

toy

Roger, says that two government councils  are held a month, you charge 600 euros a month for attending, but it says that he is not decide anything on these boards because everything is approved by the Mayor.

Two questions: why have not you said anything so far? Why did you reappear ni 2015 with that mayor?

The logic makes me think that for two reasons: because you charge for attending meetings and you lie.

You are not an easy horse to tame ... I don't believe you.

:17:

BassBunny

Awesome post JJ and right on point. Even the MEP's from other countries are telling Juncker,Barnier that we are the only sensible country currently in the bloc and they can't afford to lose us.

heathlea11

Hola, Excellent post John Jones, :bravo_2:my sentiments exactly,lets go now,give them the :106:

zilnor

JohnJones

Excellent post. :clap: :clap:

Juncker,Barnier and the rest are cutting off their noses to spite their face. Brexit is the beginning of the end of the EU, if the bureaucrats don't / won't accept the ordinary people are being ignored, while their taxes pay for the comfortable lifestyles of said bureaucrats.

Don 't think May is strong enough to tell them to pxxx off .

nibbler

I don't think it's harsh at all. Roger has been a very hard working member of the council and now he has gone Arboleas residents will be worse off,
The council obviously wanted him off so they managed to make his position untenable.
By not accepting this he will only become bitter.
The only way he can move forward is to accept that this is what happens in politics.

Most people in Arboleas supported him but as always not everybody and those who are either criticizing or doubting his word are in the minority.
As it was once said "You can't please all the people all of the time"
Once Roger accepts that he should be able to move on.
Nibbler

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on October 12, 2017, 14:13:24 PM
Maybe Rogers thinking about putting up for Mayor in the next election?

UKIP could do well Jams locally.... :))

Rod

"Maybe Rogers thinking about putting up for Mayor in the next election"?

One word for that ... Brexit.

webejamin

Maybe Rogers thinking about putting up for Mayor in the next election?

JohnJones

Quote from: nibbler on October 12, 2017, 12:58:12 PM
Roger, get over yourself. You've left now move on, you're the only one that can do it.
Why worry about negative comments? You'll always get them on here.
Nibbler

Bit harsh Nibbler lol Rog has invested 6 years localy and had he and others not, then the bulldozers would have rolled in by now. It's still going on in Mijas, Malaga and elsewhere.  But yes, maybe time to hang up yer boots and enjoy your retirement.  The vast majorty know you're a decent man with honest intentions. And you can count those on one hand across TH's Spain unfortunately.

On the local level I'd be worried as a local; falling populations are the death knell of most villages. Europe is no longer viable, nor is the current politics. There are big changes coming and better places in the word to retire too.

Time to call a halt imho on negotiations and pull out of the EU and get on with the hard Brexit and stop talking about it. Give them 2 months notice, tell them there's no more money, and let's all move on. We've seen how the Greeks were mistreated, and we've seen the disgraceful violence in Barcelona against a largely peaceful population, with a deafening silence from the EU. We can then ramp up terms with the Yanks as they have with Bombardier and tax Fleabay etc at a local rate rather than less than 1% they paid the UK this year for earnings on close to £2 Billion. The Corporations are not going to walk away from UK Markets worth Billions to them, and if they do then Nationalise them. Simples and rake the earnings for UK PLC. Their is nothing in it for us and they are all mugging us off, time we took the gloves off and faced the future.  The tail has been wagging the dog for far too long. Then go to individual States to negotiate terms and agreements for their Nationals and tell the EU to get stuffed.  imho. You wouldn't tolerate a tooth ache for 2 years, best just get it out.

Crystal2

I get the feeling that Roger doesn't want to walk away and feels he still has a commitment to help people that need his help.