Chicken

Started by hayes, October 11, 2017, 14:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skol

Our local butcher in Oria will prepare chicken exactly as you want it.

He has a Spanish/English translation sheet on his wall for all the popular cuts of meat
and is very helpful.

His meat is always good quality and reasonably priced.

I occasionally buy pigs ears, which I roast as a treat for the dogs, he couldn't quite get round
me feeding them the dogs though

Rod

Buy a whole chicken and cut it up.

VSauer

Quote from: telcaz on October 11, 2017, 16:43:46 PM
I, like "hayes" prefer my Chicken Breast/Thighs with the skin on, so, please where in Albox are these Pakistani shops.?
         Terry

one is next to doner shop in the mercadona street. on the first roundabout. but they're charging 2,50/kg.
The second one: tabac shop in the village, there's a pharmacy in the street and next to it is a pakistani shop. (sorry, I'm the worst navigator ever)  :grin:
¡ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇı ʇɐ ʞool s,ʇǝl

Amanda Oakley

Try the Medkterraneo Supermarket in Zurgena
Fantastic meat counter prepared as you wish.....
:103:
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

ginger

I too prefer the skin on for cooking - keeps the meat more moist and flavoursome. I usually buy from the butcher in Avenido America but any butcher should cut up the chicken how you want. For thighs ask for contramusclos. Beware for breast - here they consider the breast to be both sides of the chest bone, so ask for media pechuga or just use what you need and freeze the remainder for next time. If you want to ensure they leave the skin just specify 'con piel'.

johnhc

telcaz

I, like "hayes" prefer my Chicken Breast/Thighs with the skin on, so, please where in Albox are these Pakistani shops.?
         Terry

VSauer

Pakistani shops in Albox are selling thighs with skin. We're always removing it before cooking.  :grin:
¡ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇı ʇɐ ʞool s,ʇǝl

hayes

Where can I buy, Chicken thighs with skin and bones (Mercadona did sell them,now they are without bone)
Chicken Breast with bones and Skin on.  Why do they sell them without, it is so easy to remove skin if you
don't want that.
Regards Sue