flights from uk

Started by raysun, October 11, 2017, 11:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynden

I'm sorry guys but if you don't think the likes of Ryanair for example would be damaged by a no deal Brexit then you are living on another planet.
Along with a huge number of EU and UK businesses they will inevitably suffer if the UK and EU fail to reach a sensible deal.
Yes, it's reported that everyone in the government has different ideas on what a deal should look like, but so does everyone you talk to.
No deal damages every EU country as well as the UK. Unfortunately it looks more likely as the weeks go by.
However no deal is still better than a bad deal.......

Tetley

Quote from: raysun on October 17, 2017, 10:04:25 AM
Lynden,why would the eu be worried. Everything in the rest of europe will carry on as normal. Ryanair and other carriers will just reduce their bases in the uk or move altogether.  The eu dont need the uk  but the uk will sink without the eu  Banks and insurance and many other companies have taken options on office space in ireland and other eu base ready to go if nothing is sorted.
whether you support in  or  out   its just madness to carry on as they are.  The government cant even agree amongst themselves about a clear way to go.

and as for may  surely its time they kicked her into touch.
just an opinion of course.

Nutshell in A
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

raysun

Lynden,why would the eu be worried. Everything in the rest of europe will carry on as normal. Ryanair and other carriers will just reduce their bases in the uk or move altogether.  The eu dont need the uk  but the uk will sink without the eu  Banks and insurance and many other companies have taken options on office space in ireland and other eu base ready to go if nothing is sorted.
whether you support in  or  out   its just madness to carry on as they are.  The government cant even agree amongst themselves about a clear way to go.
and as for may  surely its time they kicked her into touch.
just an opinion of course.

Lynden

It should be a big wake up call to the EU too. Highly damaging all round.......

Rod

A big wake up call to those who want a hard brexit.

mel20

Bring it on !!! project reality !!!

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Elgin

Quote from: cornishcream on October 12, 2017, 08:50:26 AM
I flew BA from Gatwick to Murcia 16 years ago, on a very small aircraft, it was on a viewing trip. Then the budget airlines took over as they flew to more regional airports.
So to fly into Almeria from Heathrow would add so much travelling time at the UK end, would not consider it and have BA announced their prices?
We take the other option and travel to Spain by ferry, you have dual carriageway from Santander, a small charge for the peaje and the roads have such light traffic. Now the ferry company is French owned and not forecasting doom and gloom after Brexit.

The UK travelling time depends on where you are coming from.  When we came back from LA a few years back it was a nightmare trying to get connecting flights back to southern Spain.  I think there was only one flight a week from LHR to Alicante.  It BA are doing LHR to LEI 3 times a week that's a big difference on connecting flights. 

Pricewise I think BA said from £66.  However, connecting flights often work out free (e.g. when we flew back from LA LA to Alicante was the same price as LA to London. )

KJH3

Here we go again, back and forth, in or out, it just goes on.
There is one thing that is absolutely certain, that is that no one on this forum or any forum knows anything about what the outcome will be, Fact!
It was a leap in the dark nothing more or less. The UK electorate, armed with all the knowledge they believed, decided to take a gamble. 
So we all now wait to see if they were right. Lets hope they were, the opposite does not bear thinking about.

Tetley

yes ive got four flights booked with Ryan Air for December 1 return alc/est mids was 45e   the other one is alc/liverpool  65e

cheap

johnhc

You would of thought that with Monarch's demise prices would have shot up. Same demand, less supply. However both Easyjet and Ryanair are currently offering special deals and checking yesterday on Easyjet I could get return flights from Almeria to Gatwick in the first week of May for under £60. I'll live with that!!!

Tetley

gus-lopez

Quote from: Hogs on October 11, 2017, 13:45:20 PM
You good 'ole Remoaner Boys have got all the answers eh !   So answer this one,  Are EU States Aircraft the only Aircraft that are allowed to fly in, out and through EU Airspace ?  Give you a bit of a clue  :67: the answer is no !

Hogsy

You've a French atc strike every week ongoing since November 2015. Wouldn't take much to have one daily.

Quote from: cornishcream on October 12, 2017, 08:50:26 AM
I flew BA from Gatwick to Murcia 16 years ago, on a very small aircraft, it was on a viewing trip. Then the budget airlines took over as they flew to more regional airports.
So to fly into Almeria from Heathrow would add so much travelling time at the UK end, would not consider it and have BA announced their prices?
We take the other option and travel to Spain by ferry, you have dual carriageway from Santander, a small charge for the peaje and the roads have such light traffic. Now the ferry company is French owned and not forecasting doom and gloom after Brexit.

I'd shut the tunnel & ferries as well. :13:

Tetley

I think its the ECJ  bit with the Brits saying they arnt having it....its a bit like English law is used worldwide as a contracts base for buisness coz its streight forward.

Anyway im glass half full today and looking forward to all the Red Buskerteer English Himprovments,once the English walk.....anyway its not all bad campers 10 years time the kids will have voted us all back in Again,just in time for mi 67 birthday... and mi pension   :57:

cornishcream

Elgin

Quote from: cornishcream on October 11, 2017, 13:16:12 PM
Things are bad now, French Air traffic controllers causing grief this week, Air Berlin to fold at the end of this month, Ryanair needs to recruit pilots, Monach is finished. Will there actually be any airlines operating, well ones we can afford to fly on.
As for Hammond, he did actually say more than that but it's the headlines that count.

Apparently BA will be flying out of Almeria (to Heathrow) next year

webejamin

:57: Evenin Tets, grey day here, I'm taking the day off tomorrow to celebrate Columbus day too :72:

Tetley

Evening Jams ,nice day this end again,day off tommorow,its Columbus day    :shocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDxAzVEbN4    :))

webejamin

If they stop all flight to the EU, does that mean that all us UK peeps won't be able to have our holidays there? Spose that means EU peeps won't be able to go to the UK :32: Bet those airline owners will have summink to say about that :72: and all those hoteliers and the rest in the travel industry.

Spose UK peeps will have to go to the Caribbean for the holidays and spend any money they've got left there :16:

I wonder if any of these scaremongering media people need the lend of a pencil? :017: 

zilnor

Google
Ruth Lea , a very experienced lady in finance and economics. Her latest comments on why Brexit will not be the downfall of the U.K.  are worth reading.
You will like her Tets, she worked with Maggie Thatcher !

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on October 11, 2017, 18:46:32 PM
Hammond said it was " theoretically possible " flights could be grounded. But as usual, the media only use the sensational bits.

Yet another piece of scaremongering.

Yer fair point Zills,there all at it now,ie scarry monger in,ie Branston,Suger,Goldi Sack,s (the bank not a stripper  :)) ) credit Ratings Agency,s,its just one big moan... :57:

Anyway got ti dash ive got tea on in slow cooker   :039: x

zilnor

Hammond said it was " theoretically possible " flights could be grounded. But as usual, the media only use the sensational bits.

Yet another piece of scaremongering.

Tetley

Anyway campers...off subject ish

if wi have any Nanna & Grandpops on the panel the voted Brexit for yer grandkids........

ive just payed my Spanish uni 5th year law school fees for my kid including his final disitation.......525 quid for the year as opposed to the 9200 quid il be finding for liverpool,so to me,if we get a hard brexit and Brit kids end up paying full fees in European unies...ie 6k upwards its gonna be a step backwards and its gonna dis advantage yer  kids.

another one that wasent on the red bus.....

Tetley

Quote from: raysun on October 11, 2017, 11:24:52 AM
Phillip hammond has now admitted that if a brexit agreement is not put in place all flights between the uk and the other 27 states could be grounded from 2019  march.
britain could be the Ryanair of europe.
glad you voted out now ???

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/brexit-flights-grounded-eu-uk-travel-philip-hammond-warning-a7994976.html

Tetley

Gooogle is our riend    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EU%E2%80%93US_Open_Skies_Agreement

er is Mr Michael on the job   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4icfHy9rJps  apparently its ti do wi yer ECJ but realy this sort of stuff is only for the bright folks ......lol

( its flown right over my ed.... :))  )

Tetley

Quote from: Hogs on October 11, 2017, 17:15:49 PM
Quote from: Tetley on October 11, 2017, 13:52:50 PM
You good 'ole Remoaner Boys have got all the answers eh !   So answer this one,  Are EU States Aircraft the only Aircraft that are allowed to fly in, out and through EU Airspace ?  Give you a bit of a clue  :67: the answer is no !

Hogsy

theres probably an agreement runing Hogs between the EU & USA.

Find the evidence and I might take a bit of notice me Old Tets !  The only agreement I can think of was when many Brits and Americans visited Europe to get it out of the snit when Germany last had designs to Rule the World !

Hogsy  :great:

i was hoping you had it Hogs....back to soldering  :))

Trucker

I understand why folks were concerned about immigration into uk, I am not that narrow minded not to see it needed getting under control BUT I will never understand the mentality of why UK would want to leave a union that provides so much good for the country...the job loses will be immense for a start..and the biggest thing as I have said before...people living in Spain voting to leave...they must be out of their crazy little minds...unless of course they lived here for many years and get their pension from Spanish government or work here full time and are that selfish not to worry about their co patriots....but surely they realise its going to cost for their families (if any) in UK with cost of living...I know our family are saying things getting silly already...in my opinion its the worst thing the UK have ever done and if given a second referendum it will show how many first time voters only voted out as a protest not thinking for one moment the vote would be out...same as all the lying pricks getting people to vote believing their bulls...t  
The flights from UK to EU countries is just one of the prices the UK will be faced with...lots more to come yet...you dont think for one minute they going to help do you..

webejamin

One important fing you gotta remember, if Brexit ends up a disaster for the UK, it will also be a disaster for the EU. The people running the EU will be the ones to blame for all of it :72: simply because it's them that can engineer a good outcome, if they want one.
The future of the EU is in their hands Brexit, or no Brexit.
You will see how they intend to perform in the future by seeing how they perform today.
So far, in my opinion, they've been a bit of a flop. :72:

landrock

Still thinking the same as 2 years ago when we bimbled into a villa near Albox.  What happens is beyond us and we'll enjoy time here while we can.  If it all goes wrong, then back to Uk. We aint got much dosh, but we make the most of wherever we are. Like to stay here in the sun, but got brollies just in case. Per Ardua.

felipe

Spot on Casablanca. Could not agree with you more.

casablanca

As a worried remainer I was an enthusiastic contributor to all topics on this forum, and elsewhere, relating to Brexit. No one has probably noticed but, due to the entrenched stance of both leavers and remainers and their unwillingness to admit that perhaps things were best left alone, which is becoming blindingly obvious, I gave up putting any case for remaining some time ago.
I will continue to abstain from commenting but ask for one thing and that is to be able to post in a few years time, or probably much sooner, and remind all the leavers of what a terrible mistake we made, not to gloat because I'll be needing all the friends I've got by then in case I want a sub! :)) Not because the leavers are in any way dullards, just that like all of us we were insufficiently informed to make a decision of such importance. Decisions of such magnitude should only be taken by those in full possession of the facts, and that wasn't us folks. ::) :017: :shocked:

telcaz

Voted OUT, and NO REGRETS.
                                   Terry.

Tetley

You good 'ole Remoaner Boys have got all the answers eh !   So answer this one,  Are EU States Aircraft the only Aircraft that are allowed to fly in, out and through EU Airspace ?  Give you a bit of a clue  :67: the answer is no !

Hogsy

theres probably an agreement runing Hogs between the EU & USA.

webejamin

Tetley

Quote from: cornishcream on October 11, 2017, 13:16:12 PM
Things are bad now, French Air traffic controllers causing grief this week, Air Berlin to fold at the end of this month, Ryanair needs to recruit pilots, Monach is finished. Will there actually be any airlines operating, well ones we can afford to fly on.
As for Hammond, he did actually say more than that but it's the headlines that count.

Hammond was interveiwed the other week,the one that i saw,were he was on abought a uk transioin deal ,was that brits wanted a smooth exit deal so as there holidays & flights & food supplys & medicals wernt effected 

good luck with that one.

most of us on here will rember the Prices Hikes from 1970,s Decimalisation and the Euro coming in.....Brexit will be a Great Earner in the UK for prices rises.

personally i think they should Stop X ing around and just GO.