Objections against neighbouring property building work

Started by BaxMax, October 06, 2017, 08:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trucker

People we know live near the big concrete wall on way over to La Cinta...when asking at town hall as he had a big concrete wall across his back garden he was told the person who owns and is building the wall has done a lot for Arboleas...to me that speaks volumes..

Tetley

just slightly off topic,

if a building project is for public requirment the local govi/ govi can more or less does as it likes if its in the public intrest.

same deal with land ,there is some law that goes back to the Franco era were land can be taken if its in the public intrest and the land owner get payed out....probably the min price per meter......."later "

same deal if your next to a road,the councils &  utility,s people have the rights from the road onto your land to run pipes & cables,an approx distance is the width of the road measured from the middle of the road.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

Well, at least if you are under Arboleas they do seem to do things more "by the book" than other Local Authorities (well, they did until Roger left!).

Zurgena Council do not issue building licences so any "developments" in that area are potentially illegal (allegedly).

BaxMax

All good advice thanks and sure I am not the only one whom has this issue - I comeback under Arboleas TH by the way - cheers

byrney

I suggest you make a formal, in writing, request to the Secretary of your local Town Hall.

Ask the question when, and if, permission was granted, and what the consultation process was.

You may well find out that permission was never asked for and, hence, the TH will have to act if you have complained.

Fishnthenet

You do not say what town you live in as some will not issue a licence for building works. However, go to TH and ask to see application and if it was approved how they informed public for any objections. Speak with the Councillor for Urbanisation.

BaxMax

Hi All, does anyone know if there is a legal and proper mechanism to object or complain about new building works under taken by a neighbour which will have a detrimental impact on your property, it's value, future saleability and/or your view, quality of life, etc - never mind any mess or damage caused during its construction.

I know people can get a licence to build an extension, car port or whatever, but surely there is some legal process if this building negatively impacts the surrounding properties or are people generally allowed to do as they please?

Any advice or previous experience would be gratefully received.