Samsung Dual sim phone

Started by parsley, September 30, 2017, 20:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peacie

I will try that Chisme, thanks

guest4538

Quote from: peacie on October 05, 2017, 11:13:33 AM
Digi Mobil.  I've now done a little research and it's possible that the phone could have been area locked, although it is not the norm inside the EU.  I will have a chat with Samsung first to see if there is something that needs changed on the phone and then Digi Mobil if no joy with them.  Many thanks

May I suggest that you try a sim card from a friend, who's using a different network, and see if that works. Digi mobile is on the Movistar network, as are Lycamobile and Tuenti: so try something different like Vodafone Spain (or Hits or Lebara which are on the Vodafone network). That should establish whether or not Digi mobile is locking your phone to their network.

Good luck.

peacie

Digi Mobil.  I've now done a little research and it's possible that the phone could have been area locked, although it is not the norm inside the EU.  I will have a chat with Samsung first to see if there is something that needs changed on the phone and then Digi Mobil if no joy with them.  Many thanks

guest4538

Peacie,

Who's your Spanish sim provider? Could they be locking your phone?

Queen Clare Shirley

It may the provider

one has tesco why not try them
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

peacie

I was just giving my personal experience.  Which UK providers were used for 2nd SIM card and which phones please.  I will be back in the UK shortly and will try any recommendations given.  Many thanks.

Queen Clare Shirley

I know two people who hold dual sim phones with Spanish and English sims,

1 purchased here
1 purchases uk

no problems
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

guest4538

Quote from: peacie on October 04, 2017, 18:17:12 PM
I bought a new unlocked phone, so not tied to any Spanish network as I wanted to choose, and to be able to change if the network when I wanted to.

The salesman was not trying to sell me a contract as it was explained that I was just looking for PAYG for my short stay in the UK.  In fact he did not even mention the word.

I am not what you might call a person who does not know about mobile phones so the information I have given is an account of my experience last year.

I hope this makes more sense to you but just to clarify:

*  I paid a lot of money to buy a phone outright, NO contact, with dual SIM

*  Vodophone did not try to sell me a contract, and the salesman did try to setup a brand new SIM card, which as he said before would not work and it did not work

*  I'm not a novice mobile phone user and and more intelligent than you are making me out in your comments

As before, I ask again if anyone has been successful in having a UK network company setup their SIM card in a Spanish 'bought' mobile phone.  Thank you

I'm sorry my comments were interpreted that way: no offence intended. I must say I'm amazed. My experience was the other way around: phone bought in UK and a Spanish sim added in Spain with no problems!

peacie

I bought a new unlocked phone, so not tied to any Spanish network as I wanted to choose, and to be able to change if the network when I wanted to.

The salesman was not trying to sell me a contract as it was explained that I was just looking for PAYG for my short stay in the UK.  In fact he did not even mention the word.

I am not what you might call a person who does not know about mobile phones so the information I have given is an account of my experience last year.

I hope this makes more sense to you but just to clarify:

*  I paid a lot of money to buy a phone outright, NO contact, with dual SIM

*  Vodophone did not try to sell me a contract, and the salesman did try to setup a brand new SIM card, which as he said before would not work and it did not work

*  I'm not a novice mobile phone user and and more intelligent than you are making me out in your comments

As before, I ask again if anyone has been successful in having a UK network company setup their SIM card in a Spanish 'bought' mobile phone.  Thank you

guest4538

Quote from: peacie on October 04, 2017, 07:08:30 AM
I have a Samsung dual SIM card phone, unlocked and when I tried to buy a Vodaphone SIM card in the UK they said it would not work on a Spanish phone.  I did query this and to their credit they did try to setup a new SIM card in the phone but it wouldn't work.  If anyone has been successful with the Samsung in the UK, which networks have been used successfully.

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me!

As far as I'm aware, there's no such thing as a Spanish mobile phone: certainly Samsung do not manufacture mobile phones in Spain nor is it likely that they would make phones exclusively for the Spanish market!

I think perhaps either the UK Vodafone salesman was trying to sell you a Vodafone contract or, more likely, your phone is after all locked into a Spanish network! That's the point I was trying to make earlier: if your dual phone is tied to a particular network then, to work, it seems both sims would need to be for that same network! I'm sure most folk would want a dual sim phone to access two separate networks so, in those circumstances, they would need to buy a sim-free unlocked phone. 

I imagine you can get a sim card from any network to work on an unlocked Samsung phone, provided it's the correct size for the phone: ie standard, micro or nano.

peacie

I have a Samsung dual SIM card phone, unlocked and when I tried to buy a Vodaphone SIM card in the UK they said it would not work on a Spanish phone.  I did query this and to their credit they did try to setup a new SIM card in the phone but it wouldn't work.  If anyone has been successful with the Samsung in the UK, which networks have been used successfully.

I use Digimobil in Spain and this year they started selling a package with just roaming data, this worked really well and with the new roaming charges worked out cheaper that I thought it would be.

gus-lopez

I would have been but had to buy new yesterday .

Dave and Sue

Mikeypen how much?? Others including me may be interested. Regards Dave
Still living the dream after 20 years

Moyra

Quote from: mikeypen on October 01, 2017, 15:58:45 PM
I've got a "Huawei P8 Lite" , dual sim phone which I'm about to advertise , open to all networks , immaculate , don't know if your interested ??

Hi Mike
Pm sent
Moyra
Be nice to each other, you don't know what's round the corner.

mikeypen

I've got a "Huawei P8 Lite" , dual sim phone which I'm about to advertise , open to all networks , immaculate , don't know if your interested ??

guest4538

Quote from: parsley on September 30, 2017, 20:27:40 PM
Any model considered, must be dual sim and any network and in good condition.
PM me or call Dave 642362172

I'm intrigued! Why would you want a dual sim phone locked to a network?

I have a dual sim phone with UK and Spanish sim cards. I assumed that the only way of doing that was to purchase a sim-free dual sim phone (not a phone locked to one particular network), then purchase sim cards independently from two separate networks.

Perhaps others can advise whether it's possible to get a dual sim phone from a network provider, which allows you to add and operate a sim card from a different network provider?

parsley

Any model considered, must be dual sim and any network and in good condition.

PM me or call Dave 642362172