pozo

Started by jujles35, September 24, 2017, 16:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandralos

As we are aware, it is different in Andalucia, it is illegal to fit pozos.

gus-lopez

Quote from: Trucker on September 25, 2017, 13:54:25 PM
If you want to make your house legal for whatever reason you have to pay thousands to local government ect for septic tanks and AFFO but if you dont want to make your home legal you dont need all this expense...now let me think...septic tank is to stop contaminated water getting into water below ground..and correct me if I am wrong it was a legal requirement from around 1988 to have a septic tank installed on new builds.....but that does not matter if you have an illegal home and you dont mind it not having paperwork..so why does not ALL homes have to have septic tanks...and why make those who want to sell have to have one when all others around do not have them.....confused...dont think so...who gains most from having to have Affos etc...mmmmmm

They still build legal homes up here with pozo's.
If you have an existing one it is perfectly legal to install a replacement up here.
ALL the concrete manufacturere's still manufacture & supply tubes for pozo's.

Spanish neighbours who was also flooded in 2012 & had the pozo rendered useless just had a new one installed in another place. Neighbour the other side has installed 2 additional ones in the last few years.

To the op it might just be a case that your old one did not have any stones around it which was the usual method years ago & can be rectified by excavating all around to full depth & putting in several tonnes of stones for pozo's . Most builders sell them.

Trucker

If you want to make your house legal for whatever reason you have to pay thousands to local government ect for septic tanks and AFFO but if you dont want to make your home legal you dont need all this expense...now let me think...septic tank is to stop contaminated water getting into water below ground..and correct me if I am wrong it was a legal requirement from around 1988 to have a septic tank installed on new builds.....but that does not matter if you have an illegal home and you dont mind it not having paperwork..so why does not ALL homes have to have septic tanks...and why make those who want to sell have to have one when all others around do not have them.....confused...dont think so...who gains most from having to have Affos etc...mmmmmm

Elgin

Quote from: BobL on September 24, 2017, 17:52:17 PM
HI from back of beyond,
There was a post on here recently that stated it was now illegal to fit a new/replacement pozo and that one had to fit a Septic tank or connect to mains. Plus the TH and sundry permits. Sorry to join this thread but we are in 200acres of our own land so is this still the case???

Bob

As far as I am aware it is not legal to install a new pozo and if you want to get an "AFO" you have to have a septic tank.  However, the concrete factory by the motorway still makes (or has in stock) the concrete tubes and I saw one being installed in Úrcal village a few weeks ago.

cgmaywood

Speak to Andy Venn at Drainage Solutions, he advertises on here.

Chrissy

BobL

HI from back of beyond,
There was a post on here recently that stated it was now illegal to fit a new/replacement pozo and that one had to fit a Septic tank or connect to mains. Plus the TH and sundry permits. Sorry to join this thread but we are in 200acres of our own land so is this still the case???

jujles35

can anyone recommend or know of anyone that install new pozo as our is knackered.
many thanks in advance