ROGER - the TH and the people of Arboleas. Do we care?

Started by twojaysalmeria, September 19, 2017, 18:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

languagesolutions

So...there is a problem with the TH putting council buildings/businesses out to tender, Roger says "sign a petition and protest at the TH" and suddenly people on this forum start saying you won't vote for Cristóbal again  :bravo_2:

Now, you are either being extremely naive or Roger is preparing yet another revolution.

Remember...these guys have been together for how many years? You've been praising the TH for how many years? Innovación 14 has been passed,.. And based on rumours spread on the forum about council buildings, the Mayor is now the devil. Manipulation is a fun game, but are you really serious?

If you want to know the facts, go and find them out... it's so easy. It may be less fun than playing on this forum though I suppose  :hee20hee20hee:

Iceman

Sorry Cristobal you will not get my vote. Remember you where the mayor when my villa was build so you are to blame for my present situation  So do not blame others  Roger for Mayor

The Gardener

fidgetmidget

Quote from: sallyb on September 19, 2017, 21:05:50 PM
Maybe the best way forward is for a resident of Arboleas to get a petition up supporting Roger, this could be handed in to the mayor and perhaps make him realise he will not be re-elected.

Agree, how about it Phil? We would still have been fighting a losing battle had it not been for this man, it's bloody shameful that his team are not behind him supporting him rather than behind him giving him a push over something that he quite rightly brought to a halt. I WILL NOT vote the current Mayor back in again unless he starts playing ball.
FM
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

speedycar

1dezza2

Looking at what's happening overall we need Roger more than ever!
Don't play into there hands Roger stay and fight as you usually do for the people of Arboleas.

twojaysalmeria

Quote from: jayndee on September 19, 2017, 20:37:41 PM
Where is the thread that started this one.
Why was it started.  Stop trying to stir the Sh1t.

The thread is this:

PIRdA, HOMELESS! Urgent appeal for help please!

Roger's comments are as follows:

"What everyone should do is ..

1. write a short complaint (use Google translate it is good enough).
Take it to the Town hall Reception and ask for it to be given to the Mayor.

2. Turn up in numbers around 2pm when he is most likely to be there and walk in to his office (it is what the Spanish do).
do not ask for an appointment because you will just be referred to danny.

I am now writing my strong objection to him, which will no doubt be a precursor to my resignation."

No ****  stirring - just a reaction to comments made on this forum.
I would advise you spend some time reading ALL threads before being so negative!!

J

lmj52

As I have said before. I do not live in arboleas. You that do are lucky you have Roger.  Those that for whatever reason want him replaced, then stand in his place. Would you do better?
We all know about the corruption in Spain and this will probably continue. Some of the Spanish can't wait for Brexit to get rid of the English. Then they can "get back control". Sound familiar?
After Brexit when there are no British representatives on councils you will have NO say.
Can you not see this??
:03:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

sallyb

Maybe the best way forward is for a resident of Arboleas to get a petition up supporting Roger, this could be handed in to the mayor and perhaps make him realise he will not be re-elected.
Phyll

freddie

That is the strange thing, the mayor surely will be aware of what is being said on this forum - why is a reply not forthcoming from the town hall. Looks like we could be without a British contingency in the town hall in 2019 perhaps this is what this is all about, perhaps the Spanish are fed up of us trying to turn their little village into an English enclave. Not always been a fan of Roger but believe he has in the main worked on behalf of foreigners in this village- think we can say goodbye to getting our paperwork under innovation 14 in the near future - just my humble opinion

jayndee

Where is the thread that started this one.
Why was it started.  Stop trying to stir the Sh1t.

Iceman

I have been here over 17 years and like many others have had issues with Roger and said so on occasions on this site for which I have had some members and moderators having a go at me,but all that to one side tell me who would these back stabber put in Rogers place?  How many of them would stand up and do all he tries to do for us all?   How many would say these things to his face?   Yes I believe that the Mayor still puts family and friend before the rest of us and I think there is still discrimination by the Locale Police against the Brits (or as they would say they did not see the building going on) but do not paint them all with the same brush, Roger is one of a kind and we are lucky to have him on our side so instead of taking pot shots at him give him your support.

Fishery

It would be nice to hear from others at the town hall. They are elected which is maybe something they need to bear in mind.

Rod

sparkiemike

Totally agree with all of the above

Roger has big cajones & as such we should support him 100%

As said we don't all agree with what he says & does from time to time

At the end of the day if it wasn't for his efforts Arboleas would be a very sad place

Mike
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

byrney

twojaysalmeria - I fully agree.

Over the years, I have not agreed with Roger on many things and, indeed, currently there are a couple of things I don't agree with him on.

But, as you rightly say, he is a big boy and can take the rough with the smooth.

However, being a non-resident of Arboleas I think you Arboleans would be stupid to get rid of him and any support you can give him I suspect would be welcome.

Do not lose him - at your peril.

twojaysalmeria

Look, I don't give a damn about any individual's gripes with Roger at the TH or whatever they perceive to be their grievances with him and his view. I don't even care that there are a few people who seem to have their only mission in life to make his life a misery. He's a big boy and can deal with it.

I DO care that there is a possibility that, because of the situation with the Mayor and God knows who else at the TH, because of the debacle with the community centre etc. etc. blahblahblah we now have the RIDICULOUS situation that the one person we have who puts his head on the block for all our benefit is in a situation where he is actively considering resignation.

I'm maybe naive but I'm hoping that, with enough support from the good people on this forum, from those who are willing to get off their bums and go to the TH and make a noise, from those who can think of anything at all which will show that Roger has a majority support from this community, he will reconsider and decide to carry on doing what he does best IMO – representing the citizens of Arboleas and being the thorn in the side of those who care only for themselves and not us, those who live here.

J