Traffic Fines

Started by BobL, September 18, 2017, 17:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Sorry, I meant the "circumstances" rather than the type of licence.

byrney

Wrong Rtis.  K4 is correct.  There are certain caveats to all this and CATs have taken the belt and braces view, as do many others.

Just check on N332 and you'll find the "official" line which defines the type of licences which are still valid in Spain.

Karen4

Quote from: Rtis on September 19, 2017, 15:58:48 PM
And if one is resident the law states that a UK licence has to be changed to Spanish, C.A.T services will confirm this, if the wrong g-man stops you it is quite a hefty fine !
Not quite as simple as that! It depends on what kind of licence you have, paper, indefinite validity etc. If you have a photocard licence you need to change it to a Spanish one when it is due for renewal, if your domicile is Spain. All other licences need to be changed to Spanish ones much sooner!
Cl3880

raysun

Doesent seem to be transferred to points in uk.  Relax,  i was stopped outside humbugs for not having a seat belt on when it clearly was.  I showed him it was on and how it works but he didnt care. My other half wanted to bash him but sense prevailed. Cost me 80 euro on the spot . This is espana and thats liffe but dont get too excited by the the holy marys who obey every law in spain. Yeah right. ???

Rtis

And if one is resident the law states that a UK licence has to be changed to Spanish, C.A.T services will confirm this, if the wrong g-man stops you it is quite a hefty fine !

Tetley

may moons ago when the points system came in Traffico used to log the offences against yer uk licence number, becauase they couldent issue points to a uk
licence .....what happend after that,i aint sure but ,but there could be a system out there somewere....lol
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

skid_112

Hi there, the points are not transferable, there was supposed to be agreement between the various EAA countries, but neither the UK or Spain has signed up to the agreement along with a vast majority of the EAA countries

macc

You will find contacts on the link below restoration man, and you were going over the speed limit Bobl. Very easy to do coming from the direction of Albox and dropping down to Cucador. That car doing the checking is there quite a lot, just parked at a house across from the second hand place on the main road, will catch you as you come through the chicane of blue plastic posts on to the long bend.  http://www.speedingeurope.com/spain/

restoration man

Does anyone have contact for Traffico online so I can advise them of change of address

guest17313

I have been told, by a fairly reliable source, if you have a UK licence that points can not be added/removed, hopefully this info is correct or I will have 3 points added for a recent speeding offence.

345 Challenger

Yes you can check your UK licence on line, you just need your national insurance number and your plastic drivers licence number. DVLA will tell you if you how many points you have and if any are pending.

redcar

Karen4

Bob, the best thing for you to do is to check it out with the Citizens' Advice people on www.citizensadvice.org.es as it can be a rather complicated business and there are far too many bar-room lawyers here who will give you conflicting information! CAB have a lot of information on all things traffic related as well as many other topics, and ALL are proper legal answers.
Cl3880

BobL

Hi All,
Need to appeal to the experts again so knowledgeable replies only. 2nd ticket in 3 months. First for crossing a white line & almost unseating  Guardia motorcycle officer and then today for speeding. Cucador and I wasn't. The Question----will any points show up on my UK license??????. Would contact DVLA but no luck in past.
X my heart- I wasn't.
BTW- no problem with UK License yet Spanish plated vehicle.