Wayne Roobey

Started by fidgetmidget, September 18, 2017, 13:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greggers

They should have fined him and put hair remover on his head !

Rod

Thought that all fines went back into the system so any from Rooney would be welcome.

Trucker

Well if any of you end up in court for drink driving and they ask for your name just shout "Rooney" and walk..

Lynden

Quote from: Karen4 on September 18, 2017, 16:06:18 PM
I have always believed that if fines were issued as a proportion of income/salary, it would be a much fairer system, instead of just making it the same amount of money, irrespective of income. A bit like the "let's encourage the black economy here" system which charges national insurance/social security at a flat rate instead of a proportion of someone's earnings.
Agree, what's needed is more progressive taxation.....why should everyone have the same rates. VAT is also a terrible tax. Those who earn more should pay substantially more.....and no loopholes, allowances or dodgy dealings.

Karen4

I have always believed that if fines were issued as a proportion of income/salary, it would be a much fairer system, instead of just making it the same amount of money, irrespective of income. A bit like the "let's encourage the black economy here" system which charges national insurance/social security at a flat rate instead of a proportion of someone's earnings.
Cl3880

guest14507

Lynden

In Switzerland the fines levied are based on income........Rooney would have been caned. Should do it here as well as take the car and crush it.

Trucker

FM...it says it all...money dont talk does it...

fidgetmidget

Just heard Wayne Rooney banned hit 2yrs for  DnD, no fine imposed as judge said he earns so much it would be pointless, well if he had fined him a couple of mill he might have felt it...or not.  My other half was stopped on M4 a number of years ago at 3.30 am, not another car in sight, speeding to notify parents of fatal accident. Was stopped by Wiltshire traffic police, had mitigating circumstances, had character reference in court and mitigation explained, still got a ban and £700 fine, no previous convictions, how does that work then?
FM
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com