Bus to Alicante airport

Started by Fishery, September 17, 2017, 10:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

invercone

Great service by ALSA, runs on time (barring accidents) BUT check the timetables carefully. The buses from Murcia to Alicante only run every hour with a two hour break at lunchtime and finish early. So if you miss the bus you could miss your flight. If I have an early morning flight I go the previous evening and spend the night at the airport with a good book. There are several reasonable restaurants there, or Alicante town is only a short bus ride away.
Don't forget if you live in the Chirivel area there is a bus direct to Murcia, but only one a day, I think.

Iberlynx

The bus from HO goes to the Bus Station in Murcia where the bus to the Airport departs. It is a direct service to and from the airport and works out at about half the price of the shuttle service. I think that you can get a ticket on your mobile phone which you show to the driver.
If you catch the direct service to and from Murcia there is usually a goodie bag with a bottle of water, cake and earphones.

Casa Montes

I caught the bus from HO, changed at Murcia with a half hour wait then direct to the airport (leaves Murcia on the hour). Easy and convenient.

I booked online with www.alsa.es and printed off my own ticket
The purpose of our life is happiness: The Dalai Lama

Don't look down on people unless you are helping them up.

Fishery

Thanks for that Bob. Unfortunately they only do an early morning run whereas my husband's flight is late afternoon.

BobL

Hi, just a thought but what about www.exclusiveairportshuttles. Their www will tell you if they pick up in or near HO. May be a less stressful exercise if it works.
BobL

Tetley

Quote from: Fishery on September 17, 2017, 10:36:26 AM
Bus from Huercal Overa to Alicante airport. Does the bus go into the bus station at Murcia, and leave from there for the airport. Thanks for any info.

yes

i think you get the Zaragoza bus from Murcia,that drops off at departures Alacanti,cheap as chips around 13e from hercual overa both tickets.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Fishery

Bus from Huercal Overa to Alicante airport. Does the bus go into the bus station at Murcia, and leave from there for the airport. Thanks for any info.