Sunday's what do people do?

Started by tandas, September 17, 2017, 08:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorrieM

Donna, Nibbler - you go WHERE?  To church?  And here was I thinking we were the only crazies around :You_Rock_Emoticon: here

Elgin

On a Sunday I will usually:-

1) Do the chores then feed the dogs, feed the cats, feed the chickens
2) Go for a 40 + mile bike ride
3) Have a shower
4) Have lunch and watch the Grand Prix (if on)
5) Bake some bread
6) Have a BBQ
7) eat and relax

Pinkgolf

8)
We used to go out on our bikes too on a Sunday, a 1200cc Suzuki Bandit (hubby) and a 600cc Suzuki Intruder (me) ......then stop somewhere for a cream tea in full leathers and full helmets......got some funny looks and comments from people, but thoroughly enjoyed it......Sundays here usually spent at the coast - San Juan, Garrucha or Mojacar....just for a stroll along the front followed by a light lunch and a glass or two....lazy but enjoyable !!!

Angleseyite

I had a couple of CBR 600's lovely bikes, but my ZX6R was the one for me, road or track, brilliant, especially through the Ogwen valley towards Betws- y- coed.  :08:

Tetley

Quote from: GEman on September 18, 2017, 09:59:43 AM
I never liked Sunday in Spain just too quiet,I went out for a blast on my CBR 600 yesterday.

i luved my CBR 600  i had a 98 one new,or orange & graphite colour,handled wonderfull and warp factor performance,not that far short of a fire blade as well but more comfy.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

GEman

I never liked Sunday in Spain just too quiet,I went out for a blast on my CBR 600 yesterday.

Angleseyite

What about a cycle or motorbike ride :c029:

lorrydriver

For us Sundays are spent doing laundry, cleaning, gardening, etc then the rest of the week is ours to enjoy   :clap:

webejamin

I just hang around, waiting for Monday to come :88:

PuffTheMagicDragon

How about hashing?
Look at the 'Entertainment, What's on' section.

Puff

byrney

Tandas - this link takes you to a number of local teams - http://www.besoccer.com/andaluza/group1 - Garrucha, Vera, Cuevas, Majocar,

nibbler

Sunday, where else but church.
Nibbler

tandas

Byrney yes please link to local footie matches please.

Tetley

Quote from: Jo-JoB on September 17, 2017, 17:09:43 PM
Quote from: Tetley on September 17, 2017, 12:24:09 PM
one of my local sunday runs,brum brum   http://www.dailymotion.com/holme12

Tets, Is that an old 1980's ZZR, I had the 900 years ago loved it, it could stain your shorts in seconds.

1989 GPX 600, quick bike in its day and nice to tootle abought on this end.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Jo-JoB

Tets, Is that an old 1980's ZZR, I had the 900 years ago loved it, it could stain your shorts in seconds.

KJH3

So much to do and see on a Sundays in this beautiful area,  just get out and enjoy it, and also the enjoy the fact the shops are shut.

Karen4

Dinner's in the slow cooker - chicken, peppers, tomato, onion and herbs. Made a load of lemon curd, limoncello and then some lemon mousse/cream for pudding later with crunch topping and raspberries. Sunday's a great cooking day for us. Wrote half an article for a magazine and another scene for my book. Just about to sit in the sun with a good book and relax for an hour!
Cl3880

byrney

Take in one of the excellent local football teams.

Today it was Cuevas del Almanzora versus Garrucha (local derby so plenty of off the ball incidents - even the GC got involved and the ambulance had to take off one of the poor unfortuntaes who appeared to have broken his leg).

I can provide a link to the locals if anyone is interested.

musicdonna

tandas

Well, been for a walk round Mojacar village, coffees on the new viewpoint.  Browsed the little shops then down to PC for lunch in bar and finally a stroll along the new prom watching the last of the holidaymakers enjoying the sun.  Soon be just us residents to enjoy the peace and quiet.
Oh and Tetley a mass of bikers around and on the motorway to Hercual Overa.

Tetley

Im still looking for a cheap HD  to plate up in spain,the sports stuffs great but more than an hour is getting to be a challange lol

Lynden

Looks great Tets......been ages since I had a motorbike.......might have to have another go. :c017:

Tetley

reggiespotter

Quote from Tetley, "hey ho thats 2 trillions of natioal uk debt for us......and working for the banks  lol"

That's why the banks don't need to work on Saturday or Sunday!

As for me, since I retired Sunday no longer has a specific agenda as everyday is the weekend that never ends!  After 40 years at work (latterly 7 days per week) I feel I deserve it!

However, regarding the original question on what to do on Sundays, this area is so beautiful and has some fantastic scenery, lots of good dining and the coast only 30 minutes drive away.  What's more, the weather generally allows us to do whatever we prefer.  We are spoilt for choice!
Reggie

Tetley

Quote from: freddie on September 17, 2017, 11:07:50 AM
totally enjoy it as it was meant to be, a day of rest- I love sundays here, like the old days in england, no shops open (in this area- just in case someone says you can shop)  I am one strange woman I hate shopping.

ditto on that one,i was in uk retail buisness and had to work 7 days a week,sat/sun been the main shopping days.......

i luved the old days/sunday pub hours and sudays off,sunday morning i was on the new fireblade at 7am,up to Whitby after a steady 70/100 mph pre speed camra run,back home for 2pm,then Austin Healey S prite out,wi jnr strapped in back in car seat up ti mi mams.

i think we have gon backwards with all this have now pay later life style.

hey ho thats 2 trillions of natioal uk debt for us......and working for the banks  lol

freddie

totally enjoy it as it was meant to be, a day of rest- I love sundays here, like the old days in england, no shops open (in this area- just in case someone says you can shop)  I am one strange woman I hate shopping.

sparkiemike

Mojaca
a stroll along the new prom,
lunch,
walk the lunch off

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

tandas

So what do the forum members do on a Sunday?  Any good ideas for entertainment?