UkTVNow update

Started by oldbirchy, September 01, 2017, 11:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbirchy

From memory
Http://uktvnow.tv/download.php
Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Select the one for firestick/android box.
When it has downloaded you will still need to use apkinstaller searching local disc and nstsll from there

wolsky

HI Andy. Am putting the web address in my computer it says it is not available. I only have the 7.8 version on my stick. Is there another  address I can try ?? Regards  Alan.

oldbirchy

You need to do the same again!!! UkTVNow keep pushing through updates.
Regards Andy :043:

wolsky

HI Andy. I put the updated version of UK tv now with my memory  stick. All was ok but now it is telling me to install the latest version. Only done it a couple of months ago. HELP.

oldbirchy

Hi Oats
Pleased that my instructions were capable of being followed!
I would definitely try reinstalling bluesticks. If you can't get Mobdro or UKTvNow, that looks like the problem.

Regards Andy

Oats

With the help of Andy's instructions I downloaded the APK file onto a USB stick and then plugged this into my laptop. I have Bluestacks on the laptop UKTVNOW installed within Bluestacks (by default), however, the screen is blank when I click on it so I am assuming by that it's not working. Should I uninstall Bluestacks (can't get Mobdro to work in it either, hence trying UKTVNOW)? Help!!!

telcaz

That's very well if you know what all that means, but as you know i am not tech savvy, thank God for my big dish from which i can get all uk channels, and some Sky, not movies or sport though, anyway, who wants American TV?.
                                                                              Terry.

Regular nut 🥜

I got the v8.6 version just download to tablet and connect via HDMI to TV and have Europe and USA TV no need for big dish, and to see what's on the channels quickly just use sky dish menu. simples

oldbirchy

Uninstalling the old version is recommended though!

noa47

Hi Andy. I managed to update Uktvnow earlier in the week . Downloaded the 7.8 version and just updated it. Found it really easy and didn't need to uninstall the earlier version either.

telcaz

I have a really bad Headache after reading all that, and i haven't a clue what it all meant, thank God for my 1.9 Dish, lol. 
              Terry.

oldbirchy

Hi All
Quite a few people have contacted me about not being able to apply the update to UKTvNow. They haven't made it easy but this is what you need to do.
If you have a Minix box without a keyboard the process is very tricky to do on the box itself as you at least need a remote with a mouse pointer.
You will need a usb stick!
On your laptop/PC Google UKTvNow.net/download.php this will get you to the right place.
Put the usb stick into your laptop.
Go down the page and you will find two download boxes. Select the one for android box/firesticks.
This will download to downloads on your laptop by default but you may be able to use the save as function and put it directly into the usb stick. If not just copy the APK file from downloads to the stick.
Put the stick in the box.
Go to settings
Apps
Find the old UKTvNow app and delete it.
Back out to all apps
Select APK installer
Usb stick
Select UKTvNow APK and install.
Job done!
You can short cut the process of your have a keyboard or remote with mouse button by
All apps
Browser
Google UKTvNow.net/download.php and go down the page.
Select firesticks version and download.
You may be asked to install the app from there, if so do it.
Otherwise back to all apps and select APK installer.
Local disk
Select UKTvNow APK and install.
You should have followed the instructions to uninstall the old version first as described above.

Hope this helps.

Regards Andy